Mock Cuncher
Dane
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

How much impact does this site have - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:46 am

ZYPH wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
PASOTI & ATD are just football forums....already stated by others.....the other 90% (approx ?) of Argyle fans take no notice and have no idea who the so called big hitters are....and couldn't care two hoots either.

Pasoti has been used by some to self promote, marginalise others etc

It has been very effective because the self promoters ensure there is always a holier than thou charity angle, to make them look whiter than white, or greener than green !

If only 20% of the potential fanbase even just look at these forums, that makes them very influential for information and the forming of opinion.

Tring....as you say pasoti has been used to self promote etc.....and will be noticed in website circles.....but there are many keen supporters who have no knowledge of the shenanigans that are going on......when I meet some in the London area I am amazed how little they know....although they come in contact on their Argyle travels with some of those types that are despised on here.....their influence at times can be over estimated amongst the fanbase, many fans are not internet involved.

I realise that, dear boy but the internet and forums can and have been very influential in a variety of ways with regard PAFC , for some time now.

The internet has to be more influential than small pockets of supporters who do no more than attend/not attend matches.

With the exception of Shillabeer, everyone involved with PAFC has an internet presence. From Newell to Symons, from Jones to Petrie, from Clark to Leszner, from Webb to Windsor Wink and on and on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 10:00 am

ZYPH wrote:
PASOTI & ATD are just football forums....already stated by others.....the other 90% (approx ?) of Argyle fans take no notice and have no idea who the so called big hitters are....and couldn't care two hoots either.

I really do not believe that is correct, not at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:32 pm

GOB wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

I do. Internet world is not real world. The vast majority of fans attending Argyle have no idea these forums exist. I didnt know PASOTI existed until the Holloway years.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:55 pm

I think vast majority of people who are avid Argyle fans and interested what's going on peruse forums for news rumours and general gossip even if they themselves don't post. This is 2013 - absolutely everyone has easy access to the Internet. I seriously doubt anyone is satisfied with reading the 'Erald or Sunday Independent for Argyle 'news' anymore FFS.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Its been said many times that less than 10% of Argyle fans read the internet forums.Many fans that I meet at HP have never heard of ATD or PASOTI and are not the slightest bit interested in either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:07 pm

How's Mike these days Greensleeves? Has he retired?
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:25 pm

Jock..I haven't got a clue,Sadly missed as he was a good laugh on here. I think he even had you fooled at times.Last I heard he was trimming bushes in Newton Abbot,and had found a new boozer.Then nothing.A bit like those blogs of Lord and Lady Derriford a while back.Very funny.Maybe someone will take up the strings....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:27 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Its been said many times that less than 10% of Argyle fans read the internet forums.Many fans that I meet at HP have never heard of ATD or PASOTI and are not the slightest bit interested in either.

If it has been said many times then it must be true then, but then it has also been said that the Internet is a powerful media so maybe that figure of 10% is just total bollox and you are talking from brown starfish, greensleeves.

newell, webb and most of the PASB seem to have done pretty well owing to the Internet, or is that down to the silent majority?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:53 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Jock..I haven't got a clue,Sadly missed as he was a good laugh on here. I think he even had you fooled at times.Last I heard he was trimming bushes in Newton Abbot,and had found a new boozer.Then nothing.A bit like those blogs of Lord and Lady Derriford a while back.Very funny.Maybe someone will take up the strings....

Had me fooled? Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:56 pm

greensleeves wrote:

You don't half spout some crap
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:56 pm

greensleeves wrote:

It wouldn't be the done thing for an existing club director to take the mickey out of people from behind a pseudonym (especially when their return to the club has been pretty disastrous)...or maybe he will tell you to "go and watch Man utd".
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:37 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

It wouldn't be the done thing for an existing club director to take the mickey out of people from behind a pseudonym (especially when their return to the club has been pretty disastrous)...or maybe he will tell you to "go and watch Man utd".

There were two blogs as I recall,one for the Lord and Lady Derriford and one for the Duke and Duchess of Derriford.Folk say that one was a former argyle director and the other was maybe the argyle media dept.who knows?It was a bit of light hearted fun,much the same as Totnes Comie Mike.Very clever,whoever was.pulling Mike's strings,,in my opinion.As for the ten per cent Freathy.You have been reading these boards longer than me,you must have read that several times yourself.Its probably true.I'll give you an example.A while ago I was helping to hand out cards to hold in the air,outside the Lyndhurst stand.The action was widely publicised on the internet,I believe it was Chris Webb's idea.However most of the people I handed them out to didn't have a clue what was happening and everything had to be explained.So much for the power of the internet on that one.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:47 pm

-PASNOTI-plymouth argyle supporters not on the internet? where do they live,, id like to move there? if you type in plymouth argyle on google, the baggo is top, pasoti next then us mere freaks. how can no-one have heard of these sites? thats just mad speculation. even without tinternet the feckin muriels have pasoti scrawled on them.

in answer to the op, id say a major impact on knowledge dissemination, how many of us now...?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Womble wrote:
GOB wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

I do. Internet world is not real world. The vast majority of fans attending Argyle have no idea these forums exist. I didnt know PASOTI existed until the Holloway years.

Some on here & pasoti have I believe not taken note of the real world beyond their keyboards for so long now that they have lost an understanding to what is happening with the majority of fans.

I have got involved in conversations where I realize that they have not got any idea what the internet can inform them about (and they are on the internet).....how can a keen travelling fan to away matches...who also travels quite often to Home Park from London, not have heard that Sheridan had signed a new contract a fortnight after the event,that's the honest truth.

There are a lot of fans who turn up on the day and buy their pint & pasty and watch the game and go home none the wiser to all the back biting and name calling that goes on.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:27 pm

If anyone really believes the majority of fans do not read fans forums, they're not from this planet. Of course the majority of fans read fans forums. If you're interested in something you'll follow it on-line too. It's the way it is now. There maybe some fans who still read the Sunday Independent thinking that's the only source of Argyle news but only the very small minority. They have a pasty and a pint, watch the match and then get in their time machine and go back to the 1980s where they live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 5:37 pm

Freathy wrote:
If anyone really believes the majority of fans do not read fans forums, they're not from this planet. Of course the majority of fans read fans forums. If you're interested in something you'll follow it on-line too. It's the way it is now. There maybe some fans who still read the Sunday Independent thinking that's the only source of Argyle news but only the very small minority. They have a pasty and a pint, watch the match and then get in their time machine and go back to the 1980s where they live.

So be it.....I'll say no more silent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 1:40 am

There are over 6,000 pasoti users and 477 ATD users. That's a combined total that is getting pretty close to our average gate of 7,000 and suggest that nearly all Argyle fans read the Internet forums and, with figures for both ATD and pasoti still rising it would appear to indicate that Argyle are heading towards having more fans on the Internet then attending matches.

We don't need a stand, we need an Internet server!

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 6:55 am

Yes indeed but a high percentage of those 6477 will be Politburo multis Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:44 am

GOB wrote:
There are over 6,000 pasoti users and 477 ATD users. That's a combined total that is getting pretty close to our average gate of 7,000 and suggest that nearly all Argyle fans read the Internet forums and, with figures for both ATD and pasoti still rising it would appear to indicate that Argyle are heading towards having more fans on the Internet then attending matches.

No GOB.........6000 registered .....some of those will be years out of date....some will not be Argyle fans as first choice....and we do know that pasoti have been trying to bring that list upto date..... and only those that haven't ever posted at present being deleted......many will be just checking what is happening....never getting involved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:13 am

ZYPH wrote:
GOB wrote:

No GOB.........6000 registered .....some of those will be years out of date....some will not be Argyle fans as first choice....and we do know that pasoti have been trying to bring that list upto date..... and only those that haven't ever posted at present being deleted......many will be just checking what is happening....never getting involved.

But on pasoti they purged all the out of date users and multiple multis, didn't they?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:46 am

very true gob.

I reckon PAFC has a total of 40k 'fans' ranging from season ticket holders to one game a decade.
those who follow the club rigorously (go to more than 5 games a season) will im sure follow the message boards.

to quote a bloke i was chatting to at burton 'bloody hell i didnt realise so much nonsense went on'
I do believe many fans out there are UNAWARE of the antics of those in influential positions both on the net and at HP.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 12:48 pm

GOB wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
GOB wrote:

But on pasoti they purged all the out of date users and multiple multis, didn't they?

From my understanding they had started with those that had never posted.......I haven't noticed anything on the subject since, surely you would have more info on pasoti than a mere exile like me ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 1:18 pm

ZYPH wrote:
GOB wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
GOB wrote:

From my understanding they had started with those that had never posted.......I haven't noticed anything on the subject since, surely you would have more info on pasoti than a mere exile like me ?

A mere exile yet you seem so well informed, do you have an interest?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 1:31 pm

GOB wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
GOB wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
GOB wrote:

A mere exile yet you seem so well informed, do you have an interest?

Of course I have an interest..........in everything Argyle......there is so much football news around London that PAFC would never get into London TV/paper news.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:57 am

greensleeves wrote:

Probably says more about the average age of Argyle fans and whether the internet is part of their lives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How much impact does this site have
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next