greensleeves
Tringreen
Mock Cuncher
Dane
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

How much impact does this site have - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:31 am

a forum is only as good as the posters want it to be. No point coming up with this alan sugar like plans to "rasie the profile" or "raise the number of people here" if the actual posters are the issue so to speak.

A forum is a forum at the end of the day/
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Tringreen wrote:

But hey ! Imagine all the hours of fun they can have on Exeweb

Have you looked at Exeweb lately?

Makes Pashitty look downright reactionary, Kim Jung Lez and his acolytes are every bit as bad as Nool and his plebs just a little more understated, the toeing of the 'company line' is enough to make you puke, if these scabby little websites lack influence then how come the power hungry self ingratiaters all want to own them? On the other hand of course, as they all seem to be pretty dim, perhaps that assumption is a tad flawed.

Boring as it may seem the only way to get anything across is to bang your head against the same brick wall over and over, repetition is the very shibboleth of internet influence, Tw@ter only has so much pull because millions of fookwits are prepared to retw@ the most banal and irrelevant twaddle.

ATD has and is doing a job, it certainly had enough influence to show that Usury Nikk has as good a choice in solictors as he has in friends.

As long as it continues to pick up members its influence will grow, the relaxed moderation is a major plus, except where the pussy mods belly up to their irrational fear of Usury Nikk's wad, a few more interesting threads on footy and other stuffs rather than the constant preoccupation with Nool and that other place would help, but I am prepared to give that time.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

But hey ! Imagine all the hours of fun they can have on Exeweb

Have you looked at Exeweb lately?

Makes Pashitty look downright reactionary, Kim Jung Lez and his acolytes are every bit as bad as Nool and his plebs just a little more understated, the toeing of the 'company line' is enough to make you puke, if these scabby little websites lack influence then how come the power hungry self ingratiaters all want to own them? On the other hand of course, as they all seem to be pretty dim, perhaps that assumption is a tad flawed.

Boring as it may seem the only way to get anything across is to bang your head against the same brick wall over and over, repetition is the very shibboleth of internet influence, Tw@ter only has so much pull because millions of fookwits are prepared to retw@ the most banal and irrelevant twaddle.

ATD has and is doing a job, it certainly had enough influence to show that Usury Nikk has as good a choice in solictors as he has in friends.

As long as it continues to pick up members its influence will grow, the relaxed moderation is a major plus, except where the pussy mods belly up to their irrational fear of Usury Nikk's wad, a few more interesting threads on footy and other stuffs rather than the constant preoccupation with Nool and that other place would help, but I am prepared to give that time.

Man to man, or zonal marking Tis ? Wink
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Zonal is for foreign coaches and other assorted pussies, mano a mano with personal responsibility is the only way forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:57 pm

Elias wrote:
seems to me fans have to 'brided' with free transport to attend vital games now.....

on topic, ATD should advertise more & also if you could cut the bad language out then im sure a lot more would come on the site.
i agree elias the language of a few individuals on this site is truly appalling, mr nool and wonderful decent folk like him wont post on this vile site and who can blame him.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:11 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Zonal is for foreign coaches and other assorted pussies, mano a mano with personal responsibility is the only way forward.
Sorry for diverting the topic, but don't Exeter play zonal marking if I remember right from when we played them Laughing ?

Or does the manager who you named your pseudonym after come under the category of 'other assorted pussies' Very Happy ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 1:37 pm

A small island of sanity in a sea of Avivas
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:59 pm

GreenSam wrote:

Or does the manager who you named your pseudonym after come under the category of 'other assorted pussies' Very Happy ?

We don't actually mark at all in my experience and yes Tw@sdale is the ultimate assorted pussy, for his dress sense as much as his weak ass tactics.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:28 am

I've never been a big poster on either sites. I like to read the comments and not get too involved, mostly because I don't go to many games and live in London. I only posted on Terraces (apart from a couple of exceptions) and I noticed more and more hijacks thread splits with the nail in the coffin being the coach hijack from Herb. He joked about 1st class on the coaches and was rounded on by the usual suspects. Good luck to Pasoti I say. More and more of the good posters are either leaving or posting less and before long it's going to be like one big duvet day love in where everyone takes turns to lick the owners arses. I've not closed my account as I'm hoping one day it will return to former glories, but I'm not holding my breath and I'm certainly not being bought with a free coach trip to celebrate mediocrity.

Happy Monday!
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:43 pm

Chingers wrote:
I've never been a big poster on either sites. I like to read the comments and not get too involved, mostly because I don't go to many games and live in London. I only posted on Terraces (apart from a couple of exceptions) and I noticed more and more hijacks thread splits with the nail in the coffin being the coach hijack from Herb. He joked about 1st class on the coaches and was rounded on by the usual suspects. Good luck to Pasoti I say. More and more of the good posters are either leaving or posting less and before long it's going to be like one big duvet day love in where everyone takes turns to lick the owners arses. I've not closed my account as I'm hoping one day it will return to former glories, but I'm not holding my breath and I'm certainly not being bought with a free coach trip to celebrate mediocrity.

Happy Monday!

Wise words Chingers. Don't worry, you and your LG tv will always be welcome over here...
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Chingers wrote:

Happy Monday!

Wise words Chingers. Don't worry, you and your LG tv will always be welcome over here...

Not by all, Czar!

Don't forget we have our very own tv snob in Hairy! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Chingers wrote:

Happy Monday!

Just because you can't attend games doesn't mean that you shouldn't contribute an opinion. The one big thing that has been used as a method of control has been the invention of the self imposed "superfan" that was designed purely to cheapen the views and comments of others, countering the bullying tactics of the "superfan" is one of the reasons for the existence of ATD.

Too many people died in too many wars to give you that right, grasp it and fight against those that want to take it from you.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:02 pm

Chingers wrote:

Happy Monday!

No more pasoti for me. Its just shit. Full of rimming bogans and makes me angry.
Lifes too short. feck em. Looking forward to spending more time on here,
but argumentative NZ is going to take a break for now.

Think it took the mods about two seconds to delete my account from my request.
No love lost there then lol!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:49 pm

'Bogans'.

I hope you sleep uncomfortably under yer dooner and regularly wear thongs.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:05 pm

This site has no influence at all. And nor should it have any or seek it - it is a football fans forum no more no less. Influence is not why it exists.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:48 pm

Not sure I agree Womble. It's an argument from ten years ago that I'm afraid. Times have moved on. Social media is an amazing tool to get a message out or a campaign going. When was the last time your were asked to sign a petition in the street for example? With Pasoti becoming more sanitised by the day this site will become more influential as time passes.
Okay things at the club won't change from something written on here (or maybe they will), but there are enough members to make a difference should the need arise.
I've seen people saying we should boycott games. Even if you get 100 fans to subscribe to that view then that is still an influence and the power of forums should not be underestimated.
People have written about internet fans getting out into the "real world", but let's not forget James Brent mentioned that Pasoti was a massive influence in "saving" the club. It certainly wasn't set up to influence proceedings at the club, but times have and are continually moving on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:26 pm

Womble wrote:
This site has no influence at all. And nor should it have any or seek it - it is a football fans forum no more no less. Influence is not why it exists.

Oh but it does Womble. Jon B just reported that during his Directors' Box Experience on Saturday, his involvement on ATD was mentioned.

ATD's main reason for existing is that several of us were no longer allowed to post on Napoleon's Farm [It's now Official] and have been determined to expose the self promoting, bullying tactics used by said farm controllers.

I think we've done quite a good job to date in that respect , as everyone now knows the Deepthroating Windsor Boys etc etc etc for what they really are. Some however, still choose to respect them, so our work is not yet done.

Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 10:30 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
'Bogans'.

I hope you sleep uncomfortably under yer dooner and regularly wear thongs.

Kin ay.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 1:45 am

nzgreen wrote:
Chingers wrote:

Happy Monday!

No more pasoti for me. Its just shit. Full of rimming bogans and makes me angry.

Sorry to see you leave over there NZG. I don't post over there but was warming to your spat with Nool. He just cannot hack it can he.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:35 am

gasser9 wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Chingers wrote:

Happy Monday!

Sorry to see you leave over there NZG. I don't post over there but was warming to your spat with Nool. He just cannot hack it can he.

Thanks. Nice to see ejh and Herb pissing on his chips too!
With him, xisle, bg20 and "Helen" I was finding the time I spent on there growing. So enough was enough.
You're right he can't hack it and he's a liar along with a fair few of the mods. Also i don't believe for one second they're not using multis.

They MUST be on a promise to support Akerron regardless. Any other reasoning don't make sense do it.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:09 pm

'helen' is that Mrs PL2???????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:41 am

Both fictional characters IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 2:58 pm

PASOTI & ATD are just football forums....already stated by others.....the other 90% (approx ?) of Argyle fans take no notice and have no idea who the so called big hitters are....and couldn't care two hoots either.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:29 am

ZYPH wrote:
PASOTI & ATD are just football forums....already stated by others.....the other 90% (approx ?) of Argyle fans take no notice and have no idea who the so called big hitters are....and couldn't care two hoots either.

Pasoti has been used by some to self promote, marginalise others etc

It has been very effective because the self promoters ensure there is always a holier than thou charity angle, to make them look whiter than white, or greener than green !

If only 20% of the potential fanbase even just look at these forums, that makes them very influential for information and the forming of opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:34 am

Tringreen wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

Pasoti has been used by some to self promote, marginalise others etc

It has been very effective because the self promoters ensure there is always a holier than thou charity angle, to make them look whiter than white, or greener than green !

If only 20% of the potential fanbase even just look at these forums, that makes them very influential for information and the forming of opinion.

Tring....as you say pasoti has been used to self promote etc.....and will be noticed in website circles.....but there are many keen supporters who have no knowledge of the shenanigans that are going on......when I meet some in the London area I am amazed how little they know....although they come in contact on their Argyle travels with some of those types that are despised on here.....their influence at times can be over estimated amongst the fanbase, many fans are not internet involved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much impact does this site have   How much impact does this site have - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How much impact does this site have
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next