Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)

Go down 
+19
PlymptonPilgrim
Coxside_Green
pepsipete
VillageGreen
Freathy
tcm
Tringreen
Highwayman
Greenskin
Warny
Chemical Ali
cornysteve
Flat_Track_Bully
Dane
Han Solos Other Ship
Czarcasm
Pony Ride
nzgreen
Lord Tisdale
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Just got home.

City were f*cking shite. One chance on goal and that was right at our goalie. How the hell you're pushing for promo based on that performance is beyond me.

City fans were quiet as a mouse. I expected them to be far more vociferous and numerous - they were neither. Poor show.

One moment of hilarity will stick with me for a long time though. There was this big fat knacker of a city fan giving it absolute big beans outside the Lindy for a good 5 minutes solid - until he was knocked flat on his fat arse by a scrawny chavvy little Argyle shyster. Not condoning it, but it was funny as f*ck.

Ah feck, missed that. Sad

I'll actually disagree with you and fully condone it.

If you are stupid enough to stand outside of the home end (of any ground, actually) and give it the big one, then unless you are a complete fucktard, you should expect to get knocked out at some point.

Only shock for me is that it took 5 minutes. Sixty seconds and the cnut would have been doing well, I'd have thought...
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:02 pm

And an increase in sponsorship from FES, new deal to be announced soon.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Exeter looked good for the first 10 minutes- very composed on the ball whilst Argyle looked nervous and hoofing the ball a lot. As the game progressed the play seemed to be mainly in Exeter's half. Argyle's goal was Typical Banton drop the shoulder and hit it from the edge of the box and was deserved on the balance of play.

I expected City to come out in the second half and start playing, but if anything they were worse and their defence was hopeless. I thought Argyle would be punished for not taking advantage but City remained poor. Good win for Argyle and that's our third in a row affraid
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:18 pm

The welcome onto the pitch was good fun too
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Awful game, but that was no surprise. No one else was going to score other then Banton. We rely on him to score too much, but he also seems to think this exempts him from passing. If he could get his head up he'd be even more dangerous. Exeter offered nothing after ten minutes which was surprising.

As always our defence were too freaking deep. Wotton and Branston may offer old school centre half endeavour but their passing is appalling and they drag us into our own box. There was also a San Marinoeqsue gap between Reid and the rest of the team.

We deserved to win and I can't get my head around three consecutive wins.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:36 pm

Quote :
but he also seems to think this exempts him from passing.

He is a typical striker. Doubt he would score as many if he passed.

Quote :
As always our defence were too freaking deep. Wotton and Branston may offer old school centre half endeavour but their passing is appalling and they drag us into our own box. There was also a San Marinoeqsue gap between Reid and the rest of the team.

They have to play deep because neither of them have any pace. Teams would just turn them around else.

Very negative post, Argyle are a wounded animal these days, If you were looking for the finished Article you were at the wrong game.

Just enjoy the win and save the finer details for the re-build this summer
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:41 pm

I am aware of all that Dane, but thanks for the patronising tone. You ever thought that I may enjoy the win but also look a the finer detail? If I'd wanted to be told what to think, I'd go back to Pasoti.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:43 pm

Just thought your post was quite negative. Very few positive things to shout about in recent years and today is a rare occasion
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:49 pm

This will have to be an agree to disagree. Just pointing out the reality as I see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:49 pm

York giving it a right good go at Brizzle by the looks of it, still 0 0, come on Rovers!
FT 0 0 four points clear.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Solid performance from Argyle today,good job Cureton missed that chance early on though.Not really a game of many clear cut chances but a bit of flair from Banton won the game,Exeter never really looked that threatening,any fan of theirs must have been very disappointed at their performance today.Sheridan has made Argyle visibly hard to break down and the stupid goals that were being leaked early in the season [think Burton,Gillingham etc] are no longer evident.Branston and Hourihane were excellent today,Reid worked very hard as target man,i was concerned when Cox went off at HT but Young filled in to some effect.Good crowd but the Exeter following were quiet for the most part,didn't even fill their end.

Had some bad news when i got home-my poor old mum is unlikely to make it through the weekend and i'm devastated,so i may not be posting much over the next few weeks.Puts any poxy game of football into true perspective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 7:18 pm

What can I say GS? Thoughts are with you and yours.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Solid performance from Argyle today,good job Cureton missed that chance early on though.Not really a game of many clear cut chances but a bit of flair from Banton won the game,Exeter never really looked that threatening,any fan of theirs must have been very disappointed at their performance today.Sheridan has made Argyle visibly hard to break down and the stupid goals that were being leaked early in the season [think Burton,Gillingham etc] are no longer evident.Branston and Hourihane were excellent today,Reid worked very hard as target man,i was concerned when Cox went off at HT but Young filled in to some effect.Good crowd but the Exeter following were quiet for the most part,didn't even fill their end.

Had some bad news when i got home-my poor old mum is unlikely to make it through the weekend and i'm devastated,so i may not be posting much over the next few weeks.Puts any poxy game of football into true perspective.

Sorry to hear that GS, just take care of you and yours at a sad time.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Dane. wrote:
And an increase in sponsorship from FES, new deal to be announced soon.

FES is the future.I saw it in his eyes.........and his solicitor's letter Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 7:45 pm

thoughts with you green skin,,,
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Really sorry to hear that. Thoughts with you and yours at this difficult time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Sorry to hear that Greenskin. Does put everything else into perspective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Greenskin wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear that GS my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Sorry to hear that GS. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Pretty feckin disappointing if not at all unexpected, I have been saying all season that it is a minor miracle that we are where we are, we are decent enough when the opposition can play a bit as well but when it comes to playing the real dross like you and the Turks we just don't cut it.

But never mind cos I had an epiphany while freezing me tits off down Gravesned and Northfleet way this aft, now just suppose this win lulls your boys into a state of false security and you go to York, get dicked, then don't pick up another point getting relegated just the same. I would trade a shot at the play offs for that.

But that is enough bitterness, well done Greenies, the job ain't finished but that was a big three, now if only our board would front up and sack that boring cnut Tisdale we might actually win a game that really matters.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:41 pm

your team let you down ,your fans let you down,,,no play offs for you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:12 pm

tcm wrote:
your team let you down ,your fans let you down,,,no play offs for you Very Happy

Certainly not something you've needed to worry about in some time.

46 games in a league season, 49 if you make the play offs, not something you mugs can even dream about, come five o'clock Monday we could easily be 7 points clear of the pack with just 5 games to go, I guess the math needed to work that out would be beyond you though.

Just think back and try to work out how many times your shower of shiite have let you down over the last four seasons of total misery for you sad fecks.

Bitch innit ?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:36 pm

no I ment today you dopey cnut Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:11 pm

Embarrassing and cringeworthy
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:29 pm

We are staying up,say we are staying up.......[i hope]

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)   COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

COYG ROOAAARRRRRR!!!!!!! (exeter city thread)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next