Chemical Ali
Rickler
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

"Trust" capitulation! Empty
PostSubject: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Note the following:

"Interaction with other supporters groups

All of the relevant Argyle supporters groups (For ease of reference these groups will be the various Supporters Branches, The Green Taverners, the PASOTI message board, 50/50 club, the VPs and the Senior Greens) including the Trust have a wide-ranging set of views, objectives and reasons for existence.

There are however, certain issues and matters that should be able to unite all groups. The future of our great football club is at stake and surely it is right for us all to come together, establish areas of common interest and try to encourage the idea of some form of alliance. The ISC should give some thought to what this means to the Trust and what the aims and objectives of the Trust would be in any such alliance.

The proposal is that the Trust Chair is given authority to approach the relevant supporters groups in a bid to get this off the ground."

As predicted... It will soon turn out to be --

Pasoti will be "the voice" - The Taverners will be "The Fans" - The Trust will be the 'puppet' "political wing".

I wonder who the leaders will be?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:40 pm

Considering recent events on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it could be interesting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:37 am

Spot on Rickler.
Whoever wins gets to sit next to Ridsdale and clean his shoes.
The proponents of the new boy Taverners and the Trust can barely disguise their dislike for eachother with the usual suspects stirring the pot. I feel sorry for the Supporters' association in the middle of it. If I were to advise them, I would tell them to keep well away.

Nothing's changed from the old days ... the Trust Regiment of [Michael] Foot scrabbling to reorganise, this time on top of a crumbling Brent Tor, while the fanfest lizards are howling below for another dictatorship through their new found 'fanfest' intoxicaton. When administration lengthens out into next season and Ridsdale tries to hide everything under a hail of bullshit, it's all going to get nasty. So much for a unified club. I wonder if Fletcher will get involved again.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:34 am

I see there's an attempted petty squabble over whose idea the "alliance" is. Makes a particular pasoti mod look quite childish (again).
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:57 am

Very disappointed with the way the Trust has turned out, gone from a great hope to a laughing stock, bit like Argyle really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:55 am

I agree Pete, there's been a massive opportunity missed once again.

We'll get what we deserve, there's not enough "fans" prepared to object to a polluted and watered down Trust agenda. As Pirate and Ricks both say, it's all about cosying up.

All this and not a single vote has been cast yet!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:29 am

I see Grovehill is putting forward some forthright views on the subject. Laughing Good poster is Grovehill,don't always agree with him,but he gives value for keyboard.I've never really been pro trust,except if the club had folded and needed to start anew.The politicking is entirely predictable and frankly,some of the members of the ISC have views which i would not want to be forward as representing my own opinions about the direction the club should take.Big danger too,of the trust being used by someone as crafty as Ridsdale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:18 am

pepsipete wrote:
Very disappointed with the way the Trust has turned out, gone from a great hope to a laughing stock, bit like Argyle really.
I agree. I cancelled my Trust membership a few weeks ago, I found the Trust didn't speak for me and the cosying up to Brent was the last straw for me.
The Trust should have kept an open mind about each bidder and work with the eventual winner. The way the Trust treated Paul Buttivant and to a lesser extent the Irish was abysmal.

A great opportunity missed.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 20)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:57 am

PL2 3DQ wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

I agree. I cancelled my Trust membership a few weeks ago, I found the Trust didn't speak for me and the cosying up to Brent was the last straw for me.
The Trust should have kept an open mind about each bidder and work with the eventual winner. The way the Trust treated Paul Buttivant and to a lesser extent the Irish was abysmal.

A great opportunity missed.

Glad i waited to see what they were all about before making any decision to join. Just the same old tripe re-visited as it turns out, on the other hand we have the Green Taverners who seem to be infested by Pasoti from top to bottom.
Decisions decisions Mad
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:17 pm

Greenskin wrote:
I see Grovehill is putting forward some forthright views on the subject. Laughing Good poster is Grovehill,don't always agree with him,but he gives value for keyboard.I've never really been pro trust,except if the club had folded and needed to start anew.The politicking is entirely predictable and frankly,some of the members of the ISC have views which i would not want to be forward as representing my own opinions about the direction the club should take.Big danger too,of the trust being used by someone as crafty as Ridsdale.
God he's so negative! If I wasn't already (unfairly) banned from PASOTI I'd follow him around and post "zzzzz" after every post.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:26 pm

The Trust - poorly led, rash in it's decisions, terrible constitution and utterly pointless. The worst thing is, this should be the organisation drumming up key pressure and preparing for the worst. They should be at the forefront of Argyle based protest and asking questions of Ridsdale and his mate Guilfoyle. Why isn't anything happening?

GT's - Is there any need for them now we've reached the end of the season? Would it not make sense for them to cease activities? It is surely up to the new owners to step up to the plate, are the GT's not just prolonging the process by continuing to fund the club? Same with the staff, why don't they just stop working? That'd force some movement from any potential buyers!

PASOTI - full of utter crap as always. Probably disappointed that they won't have the chance to sponser Karl Duguid next season, but hoping to get a youth player or two before Larry Speare does. Bickering about how many we'll take to Aldershot.

TFI don't support a proper club.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:31 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
The Trust - poorly led, rash in it's decisions, terrible constitution and utterly pointless. The worst thing is, this should be the organisation drumming up key pressure and preparing for the worst. They should be at the forefront of Argyle based protest and asking questions of Ridsdale and his mate Guilfoyle. Why isn't anything happening?

GT's - Is there any need for them now we've reached the end of the season? Would it not make sense for them to cease activities? It is surely up to the new owners to step up to the plate, are the GT's not just prolonging the process by continuing to fund the club? Same with the staff, why don't they just stop working? That'd force some movement from any potential buyers!

PASOTI - full of utter crap as always. Probably disappointed that they won't have the chance to sponser Karl Duguid next season, but hoping to get a youth player or two before Larry Speare does. Bickering about how many we'll take to Aldershot.

Tis all true ! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:35 pm

I think it would be far better if it was xxxxx on the end of each post and prior to banned members. That way it would provide a sense of karma flowing into the cycle of moksha and in turn promoting peace and tranquillity throughout the Argyle Internet world. Sleep study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:03 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Really really good post that MC.
Trusts are supposed to offer an alternative vision to the boardroom divas.
The new PASOTI darlings, the Taverners ... they're just a bunch of salesmen and marketing guys, and affiliate marketing to boot.
They aren't going to let their new found position go easily. My main gripe is their 'Charity' impression they give .. it's a bit dodgy, THEY ARE NOT A CHARITY, they were formed to help Ridsdale and the administrators with travel costs and soap but just got caught up with the staff thing. I see it as no more than a commercial department of the club, nothing wrong with that, but let's have it plain, simple, unambiguous and above board. I'm considering writing to the Lords' Taverners if this 'charity' ruse continues into the Summer.

Now we are told the new owners want to negotiate the 'football creditors' debt, and so it looks like my fears are going to be realised... ie ..whatever has been collected for the staff will be appropriated against the overall remaining staff debt. Thus in one fell swoop, all these collections will in effect end up in the pockets of the money men..... something I believe that has always been the aim of Peter Ridsdale, yet the shirts haven't the wit to see.. While I believe each should do as their conscience dictates, I believe the staff should have withdrawn their labour and been pushing these money men to get on with it ... they would have found the money from somewhere. As it is, I'm sure some of the staff will be delighted to receive their P45 in a couple of months time after all this, as there's no way the club will have 50 back room staff in L2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:13 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Really really good post that MC.
Trusts are supposed to offer an alternative vision to the boardroom divas.
The new PASOTI darlings, the Taverners ... they're just a bunch of salesmen and marketing guys, and affiliate marketing to boot.
They aren't going to let their new found position go easily. My main gripe is their 'Charity' impression they give .. it's a bit dodgy, THEY ARE NOT A CHARITY, they were formed to help Ridsdale and the administrators with travel costs and soap but just got caught up with the staff thing. I see it as no more than a commercial department of the club, nothing wrong with that, but let's have it plain, simple, unambiguous and above board. I'm considering writing to the Lords' Taverners if this 'charity' ruse continues into the Summer.

Now we are told the new owners want to negotiate the 'football creditors' debt, and so it looks like my fears are going to be realised... ie ..whatever has been collected for the staff will be appropriated against the overall remaining staff debt. Thus in one fell swoop, all these collections will in effect end up in the pockets of the money men..... something I believe that has always been the aim of Peter Ridsdale, yet the shirts haven't the wit to see.. While I believe each should do as their conscience dictates, I believe the staff should have withdrawn their labour and been pushing these money men to get on with it ... they would have found the money from somewhere. As it is, I'm sure some of the staff will be delighted to receive their P45 in a couple of months time after all this, as there's no way the club will have 50 back room staff in L2.

Exactly!

I think I said more-or-less the same on Vital a while ago. All this rattling of buckets may have seemed like a well intended gesture but those rattling those buckets must have been aware of this possible outcome!

The whole shenanigans from day one has been a massive set up and the Trust, Taveners, pasoti etc. owners have jumped head first into the self promoting suicidal cooking pot.

The staff I feel for, the others have been a bit silly!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:12 pm

I see that Grovehill isn't pulling his punches on the PASOTI Trust forum and good for him, I agree with his every word.

The sad thing is that nobody on the pasoti trust forum will really care.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:12 am

Bless Grovehill for persisting with his views. He is wasting his time though.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Bless Grovehill for persisting with his views. He is wasting his time though.

The plebs are rounding on him, but this was an excellent post-

Ten percent of the gate are in our gang so we are the legitimate voice of all supporters?

Some fans might not know about the Trust or not have internet access? Well, yeah, if they happen to be a hermit holed up in the middle of Bodmin Moor.

Time some people had a reality check.

If you struggle to get more than a thousand people behind you at the worst time in the Club's history, when you've had blanket coverage in all the local media, when you wander round Home Park on matchdays touting for members, well doesn't that sum it up? How many "active" members do you actually have? Less than half a dozen I suspect. How many of you did it take to decide that Brent was God, Bullivant the Devil, and Heaney not even worth thinking about. And what was you decision based on? A reasoned examination of their proposals, an in-depth investigation of their respective business plans, a review of their past financial performance in both sporting and leisure based ventures? Or did one of them buy a round of drinks at the Brit?

There are a number of supporters groups already allied to PAFC: various regional supporters clubs, VP Club, internet based supporters forums etc. what can the self styled Trust achieve that the others can't? You certainly can't do any worse that the Development Trust that managed to take the only serious sum of money ever raised by supporters and lose it all in the financial equivalent of pissing on the fire that was Plymouth Argyle - "£10 million in debt? Lets chuck in another £300,000, that'll make all the difference!" You'd have been better off going to Ladbrooks and betting on the club avoiding relegation.

I've got lot of time for Milehouse Man, who was a rare type of poster on Pasoti, well informed, intelligent and subject to long bouts of realism. I think he will achieve more on his own than working with other, less able, people.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:24 am

Assimilation is well under way.

3 out of the 4 stickies at the top of Pasoti's main message board are 'ads' for the Taverners!
2 of those 3 were started by IJN, who I don't believe is a Taverner (yet), but is obviously comfortable enough to be a spokesperson for them. The Taverners appear to like this 'cosy' relationship.

It does beg the question that with all this activity, since the 'Trust' have their own forum on Pasoti, why don't the Taverners?

I also notice that a certain mrrapson seems more 'confident' these days taking to task anyone who doesn't seem to want to tow the Pasoti and GT 'party doctrine'. Something tells me he is a Taverner... How long before he is a Pasoti mod - if he's not already?

Talking of which....

Penzance Pirate warned the 'supporters branches' to stay well out of it...
It seems they won't be allowed to if the pasoti heirachy have their way--

Daz's rude and obnoxious behaviour reaches a new low at the bottom of this thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Guess who's along for the ride..

Who on earth do they think they are making statements and asking questions like that?

Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:20 pm

will they ever understand? wheres the emoticon for 'blinkered'
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Keyholder

Keyholder

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:06 pm

First it was the Trust that teamed up with the pasoti mafia and is only prepared to allow pasoti members a voice on the Trust forum and, now we have the Taverners teaming up with the same mafia that also blitzed a fellow fans forum with foul language, abusive comments, stalking and disruption until we were forced to leave that site.

All I can say is that the Trust and the Taverners must be made up with a few fine and upstanding gentlemen!

GOB
Back to top Go down
http://argyletalkdemocratic.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:18 pm

I see David Fisher has joined us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Interesting because so far not a single Trust member has had the courtesy of explaining why all Argyle fans other then pasoti members, have been excluded from having a view on their forum. Maybe a supporters club will have a different agenda but all seem to be following the Mafia route so far.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:12 pm

GOB wrote:
Interesting because so far not a single Trust member has had the courtesy of explaining why all Argyle fans other then pasoti members, have been excluded from having a view on their forum. Maybe a supporters club will have a different agenda but all seem to be following the Mafia route so far.

I had contacted various trust members about the situation.

They discussed the idea of a forum at their meeting before the Saints game but felt they lacked the resources to administer and moderate one of their own. And of course... They are beholden to Pasoti's whims under the current situation.

I don't think they care too much, personally.

I have tried to tell them they will get absolutely nowhere until the do get their own forum and get themselves into the 21st century. Whatever you think of the membership enrollment figures.... They got a thousand people to pay a tenner. Pasoti despite its fine charity collection, would never be able to do that. The Farm may claim a membership of thousands but only a few hundred post at any time in its history.

You have to think that at least 80% of the membership has the internet. The Trust will never be the voice of the fans when they are made to look like fools by the pasotiban. The 'trust' should be 'framing' the way ahead and debating the pros and cons on its own website and forum - not cowering to a few self elected individuals with the loudest mouths who are controlling the microphone on Pasoti.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Wonderful boot sale thread stickied over on the Farm. That rapson chap thinks people with a Taverners sticker in their window should get a £1 discount when turning up at the great bucket rattling Taverner boot sale. Not sure if Trust members qualify. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Trust" capitulation!   "Trust" capitulation! Empty

Back to top Go down

"Trust" capitulation!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next