Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A call to the Supporters' Trust

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

A call to the Supporters' Trust Empty
PostSubject: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:45 pm

The latest news of staff being forced to live below the poverty level again this month is hardly surprising given the noises from Ridsdale and the administrators. And it looks as if Ridsdale has agreed to literally keep this ball rolling in admin for the preferred bidders for months and months.

So, surely, here is a chance for a discredited Supporters' Trust to regain the initiative, show us that they have learned a hard lesson, and put the staff and fans of the club first.
Purely on the basis of it's ownership concept, the Trust has the ear of the media. So, given the downright unacceptable treatment of the unpaid staff, further pain for these people should be avoided AT ALL COSTS.

I believe the Trust should call for all supporters' to boycott buying new season tickets UNTIL the new owners reveal themselves and promises are made to pay staff in the correct ongoing manner. This is the only way fans can avoid this immoral debacle extending well into next year. The fans will not have another time where their voice means something and pressure can be brought to bear over this club sale and the manner of the transaction.

Ridsdale of course will try to counteract any 'fan power' by stating season ticket sales would go direct to staff pay OR maybe even doom and gloom would surely follow. I wouldn't believe a single word Ridsdale says about any season ticket sales, and he is bound to have the cheek to use the plight of the staff as reverse logic.
Now, wouldn't any comments from Ridsdale at all re STs be interesting given the upcoming court case concerning season ticket sales at Cardiff. Surely he wouldn't be so daft as to pull the same stroke again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:19 pm

I've asked the Trust on their Pasoti forum to get involved and put some pressure on Guilfoyle and get some answers.
It's now time for the Trust to be proactive!

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 17)
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:14 pm

PL2 3DQ wrote:
I've asked the Trust on their Pasoti forum to get involved and put some pressure on Guilfoyle and get some answers.

Some hopes Suspect
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:38 pm

The natives are getting restless.PJ has popped up too,after a long absence.My bet is that Brent will take over as the "last resort",even though all along he was "first resort".Disgraceful that the staff are not being paid,i agree with PP,the time has come for them to withdraw their labour and the ranks of Tuscany will give full support to their actions.Jeez,what a can of worms purchasing that accursed freehold opened up.Spivs and charlatans by the score,reducing Plymouth Argyle to a corpse,being picked at by carrion scum.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:53 pm

Brent will just be another Irish/Ridsdale pact with a hint of Jones and Trust thrown in.

It's time the staff said enough is enough and for the fans to back them by non attendance.

There's only one honourable answer, liquidation!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:59 pm

Lots of toys out of the pram, tizzy fits on that link, but I can't wait to see the mobilisation of the troops! lol!

To passive and to late I'm afraid.

We are getting what we deserve for years of hero worship, the spiral must complete it's turns before it can go up again.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 6:29 am

PL2 3DQ wrote:

Well done mate. It's no good us shouting the odds on here without at least, offering ideas to those in some sort of position to apply pressure/ rabble rouse.
Once the money men realise there will be no money coming in from supporters they will have to act.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:03 am

penzancepirate wrote:
The latest news of staff being forced to live below the poverty level again this month is hardly surprising given the noises from Ridsdale and the administrators. And it looks as if Ridsdale has agreed to literally keep this ball rolling in admin for the preferred bidders for months and months.

So, surely, here is a chance for a discredited Supporters' Trust to regain the initiative, show us that they have learned a hard lesson, and put the staff and fans of the club first.
Purely on the basis of it's ownership concept, the Trust has the ear of the media. So, given the downright unacceptable treatment of the unpaid staff, further pain for these people should be avoided AT ALL COSTS.

I believe the Trust should call for all supporters' to boycott buying new season tickets UNTIL the new owners reveal themselves and promises are made to pay staff in the correct ongoing manner. This is the only way fans can avoid this immoral debacle extending well into next year. The fans will not have another time where their voice means something and pressure can be brought to bear over this club sale and the manner of the transaction.

Ridsdale of course will try to counteract any 'fan power' by stating season ticket sales would go direct to staff pay OR maybe even doom and gloom would surely follow. I wouldn't believe a single word Ridsdale says about any season ticket sales, and he is bound to have the cheek to use the plight of the staff as reverse logic.
Now, wouldn't any comments from Ridsdale at all re STs be interesting given the upcoming court case concerning season ticket sales at Cardiff. Surely he wouldn't be so daft as to pull the same stroke again.
Damn right.

The staff need to pull together as a collective and ask questions of Ridsdale too.

I can't help but feel that threads like this:

Are completely playing into Ridsdale and Guifoyle's plans.

STOP being held to the blackmail and we'll see things pushed along a lot quicker with the proposed buyers. If any of them give a remote toss then they'll step up. If not, so we start again.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:15 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Damn right.

The staff need to pull together as a collective and ask questions of Ridsdale too.

I can't help but feel that threads like this:

Are completely playing into Ridsdale and Guifoyle's plans.

STOP being held to the blackmail and we'll see things pushed along a lot quicker with the proposed buyers. If any of them give a remote toss then they'll step up. If not, so we start again.

I agree. It does look like emotional blackmail by Ridsdale. I wouldn't put it past him to encourage (non-playing) staff to make comments like the one on that thread. If we all cry "but think of the staff!!" and immediately rush out to buy STs that just buys more time for Ridsdale and BG to fleece Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:23 am

PL2 3DQ has an interesting theory on Pasoti....

If you look at the story over the last few months the answer is probably in there somewhere.

Heaney and Cineworld (their nearest cinema is in Yeovil) are reported to be interested in Argyle. The fans kick up a fuss and the proposed takeover is given bad press.
Heaney denies everything but then pulls out citing the rule of not being allowed to have interests in two clubs, as though it came as a complete surprise to him!
But behind the scenes he sets up a new company called PAFC 2011 with his Russian girlfriend named as a director and a company address registered at Paul Stapleton's accountancy practice and it's full steam ahead with the take over bid with an "Irish" accountancy company BCK Wealth Management used as their representatives.
Heaney can't be revealed as the Preferred Bidder due to the public concerns when his name was first announced, so he'd rather wait until the deal was done before being named.

Heaney then hits a delay in getting out of Truro City so hands over the football side of PAFC to Peter Ridsdale.
Once the deal is sorted Ridsdale runs the football club, Cineworld builds a cinema complex in the Home Park car park or even on land owned by the Council with Cineworld paying for improved roads (exits and entrances) around Home Park as a concession to the Council.
One of Heaney's construction companies could even build the complex.
The upshot is that Heaney will oversee the whole project - football club and development with Ridsdale reporting to him.

It's just a theory but it's possible. The snag is where does Paul Stapleton fit into it all?

I can't imagine that the council would want a cinema built at Home Park.....but are they being blackmailed into giving planning permission?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:54 am

What that letter is saying is "turn up without pay or perhaps receive a percentage of it, and you "may" have a job at the end of it, but if the fans don't turn up we'll shut the club".

Imagine the signature of Ridsdale at the bottom of that, it would be described as blackmail! - Of course, Ridsdale, the administrator and "agent" will continue to receive their over inflated pay packets but to an owner with such alarming intentions it's worth the pay out for the three front men and anyway, the staff are indirectly paying their wages.

The more I hear the more convinced I am that our new "football people" owners, the ones that don't want anything to do with "football", are intent to liquidate the club. I doubt we'll ever find out who they really are as Ridsdale is being paid a good whack for being their front man and taking the stick for the destruction of the club, but with Risdale's attitude towards taking the shirts off the backs of football clubs I doubt he'll be losing a second of sleep over it.

Didn't the man that was backed by the Trust and P Jones, Brent, also want Ridsdale as No1? - The outcome would have been the same, only it would have been done "nicer".

Is Lloyd sure that the person that wrote that letter is a member of staff and has the backing of other staff members?

The clock is ticking, prepare for liquidation or a move out to Estover or somewhere in a brand new state of the art stadium with a capacity of about 12,000. It was bad enough with Todd and Gardener but I fear that any new owner will eventually force us from Home Park after the club has been liquidated.

I think the only this can be prevented is with fans not turning up and a massive amount of pressure from PCC by showing intentions of declining all future planning permissions and using the weak argument of covenants being in place. This may just force the hand of the potential new owners and cause them to lose interest. However, there will be another new owner after that with the same intentions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:57 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
PL2 3DQ has an interesting theory on Pasoti....

If you look at the story over the last few months the answer is probably in there somewhere.

Heaney and Cineworld (their nearest cinema is in Yeovil) are reported to be interested in Argyle. The fans kick up a fuss and the proposed takeover is given bad press.
Heaney denies everything but then pulls out citing the rule of not being allowed to have interests in two clubs, as though it came as a complete surprise to him!
But behind the scenes he sets up a new company called PAFC 2011 with his Russian girlfriend named as a director and a company address registered at Paul Stapleton's accountancy practice and it's full steam ahead with the take over bid with an "Irish" accountancy company BCK Wealth Management used as their representatives.
Heaney can't be revealed as the Preferred Bidder due to the public concerns when his name was first announced, so he'd rather wait until the deal was done before being named.

Heaney then hits a delay in getting out of Truro City so hands over the football side of PAFC to Peter Ridsdale.
Once the deal is sorted Ridsdale runs the football club, Cineworld builds a cinema complex in the Home Park car park or even on land owned by the Council with Cineworld paying for improved roads (exits and entrances) around Home Park as a concession to the Council.
One of Heaney's construction companies could even build the complex.
The upshot is that Heaney will oversee the whole project - football club and development with Ridsdale reporting to him.

It's just a theory but it's possible. The snag is where does Paul Stapleton fit into it all?

I can't imagine that the council would want a cinema built at Home Park.....but are they being blackmailed into giving planning permission?

It's a good theory Frank, and remember, who holds the accounts for this company? - "Football people"?

If you're right then he has no intention of any "football" interest. Time will tell, but maybe it won't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Referring to a comment from Posty "Funding by a Preferred Bidder is supposed to go towards paying the wages according to Guilfoyle"...

I assume that Ridsdale, Guilfoyle and Ridsdale's mate, the agent, as well as club running cost are swallowing up the funding in wages and cost, hence why the staff are taking the hit?

Must be a hell of a lot of money being paid out considering this is going to hit the players as well.

Will Ridsdale and his mates also be taking a hit or are we just talking about they guys that keep the club running and have mortgages to pay?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A call to the Supporters' Trust   A call to the Supporters' Trust Empty

Back to top Go down

A call to the Supporters' Trust
Page 1 of 1