pepsipete
Flat_Track_Bully
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
At what point does a breath test become "positive"? I was under the impression that a test was either positive or negative, depending on whether you are over or under the legal driving limit?

Feck me this is hard work.

For those of you not fully acquainted with the procedure a suspect is given a BT at the roadside, they then have the legal right to request a second test, if the second test is also positive this is followed by a blood test which confirms both the presence and the level of alcohol in the blood. Hardly rocket science is it boys ?

We also need to steer clear of this "he was driving like a loony" or whatever has been said issue, the same source said the impression that the police got was that he was driving "erratically" in a similar manner to many drivers who are over tired, I myself have had a few brushes with Polish lorry drivers who tend to 'wander'. The way it has been reported and spun is that he was doing a Louis Hamilton, this is based on witness reports that they estimated his speed to be around 90mph, I don't know about you but I regularly drive at that speed on the motorway just like I used to perfectly legally drive old rat boxes with drum brakes and cross ply tyres quite legally at 70mph, LMc's Range Rover would pull up to a stop far quicker or steer far more safely then any of my old cars.

I am the father of two daughters and one grand daughter, I have no conception as to how it would feel to lose any one of them, I sincerely hope to shuffle off this mortal without ever having to experience that feeling, of course I am hoping to hang around for a while yet, at least long enough for you boys to fight your way back out of the Conference and rejoin us in League 1. What I am able to do is look past the over emotive nonsense in the Sun, which is easy because I would never look at the rag, to see that this was a tragic accident where two innocent young children lost their lives caused by a young man who made a huge mistake for which he will pay for rest of his life. Society dictates that he serve time for that mistake, whether or not I think that sentence was the right one don't enter into things, but as it happens, all things considered particularly the level of contrition, I do think it was about right.

I feel sorry for the family but it isn't Luke's fault that the red top media intends to make a story of everything he does from now until some bigger villain crosses their bows, he is a pro footballer, that's what he does, I not sure whether my willingness to watch him get on with the rest of his life without rancour makes me a conformist or a non conformist, that's just how I see it subjectively, had one of mine been involved then I may well have taken a differing view but the fact is they weren't, many of the views expressed on this and a multitude of other forums that have discussed this issue are full of the self indulgent offerings of those who have no skin in the game but want to get the the pitchforks and flaming torches out, I suppose they have a right just like the guy at the game who wants to yell obscenities at the ref when in fact his team is just carp, I'm just glad I don't feel the need to join in.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 pm

All i say to this is the guys has served his prison sentance but will always remember what he did that tragic day for his entire life. I believe he should be allowed to continue his career, and carry on with his life.

No matter what he does that family will always despise him, but hey it was a tragedy, The Sun's healine of "killer" is pathetic, and to be honest i dont know, and hope to god i never experiance what that family has been through, but the more i see her spouting in the papers at every opportunity the more i despise the woman. Cant she just say no comment and get on with her life.

It was good reading though the comments section with the majority of people supporting his and oxfords decision.

Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:09 pm

125+1 wrote:
All i say to this is the guys has served his prison sentance but will always remember what he did that tragic day for his entire life. I believe he should be allowed to continue his career, and carry on with his life.

No matter what he does that family will always despise him, but hey it was a tragedy, The Sun's healine of "killer" is pathetic, and to be honest i dont know, and hope to god i never experiance what that family has been through, but the more i see her spouting in the papers at every opportunity the more i despise the woman. Cant she just say no comment and get on with her life.

It was good reading though the comments section with the majority of people supporting his and oxfords decision.

Good luck to him.

As above for me.

A friend of mine knows Luke personally, he does very much regret his actions and thinks about what he has done everyday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:32 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
125+1 wrote:

Good luck to him.

As above for me.

A friend of mine knows Luke personally, he does very much regret his actions and thinks about what he has done everyday.

Luke was a top guy at Home Park and there's no way he changed into a cold blooded killer overnight as the sun would like you to believe.

I imagine every morning when he wakes up, everytime he looks at his own child and every night before bed he thinks about what happened.

I for one hope he gets a good reception at Home Park when he comes back and is remembered for his football career with us and not the terrible mistake he made.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:43 pm

To all those saying Luke should have continued his career abroad - he can't. He is out of prison on licence and therefore is not allowed to leave the country.

Like most people and speaking as a Dad I couldn't imagine life after the tragic loss of a child. Having said that Luke is a good man who made a terrible mistake. I keep remembering the time in the HP car park when Luke was wrestling with Paul Connelly, taking Paul's car keys away from him as Paul had had a drink or two after the game and Luke wouldn't let him drive home.

Luke is as remorseful as it is possible to be. He has served his time - the length of time served is a matter for our Criminal Justice System - and should be allowed to live his life and ply his trade. He served this football club very well and my applause for him if he plays again at HP will be in recognition of his efforts for this football club.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:16 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
To all those saying Luke should have continued his career abroad - he can't. He is out of prison on licence and therefore is not allowed to leave the country.

Like most people and speaking as a Dad I couldn't imagine life after the tragic loss of a child. Having said that Luke is a good man who made a terrible mistake. I keep remembering the time in the HP car park when Luke was wrestling with Paul Connelly, taking Paul's car keys away from him as Paul had had a drink or two after the game and Luke wouldn't let him drive home.

Luke is as remorseful as it is possible to be. He has served his time - the length of time served is a matter for our Criminal Justice System - and should be allowed to live his life and ply his trade. He served this football club very well and my applause for him if he plays again at HP will be in recognition of his efforts for this football club.

About time someone stuck up for him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:20 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Nothing like the cold blooded killer the sun would lead you to believe he is.

There seem to be more people in the "he's served his time" group now than the lynch mob though, even on the sun comments page when they run yet another of their ridiculous stories.

I hope he gets a good reception when he comes back.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:58 pm

The Sun and its building should be torched. Without the Luke shit there's Justice for the 96 that should never be forgotten. If ever there's a valid reason Luke shouldn't play again, the Sun is not the place to read it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Signs.....
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3