Elias
Lord Tisdale
Dougie
Sir Francis Drake
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Luke McCormick plays first match  Empty
PostSubject: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 3:44 pm

I hear Luke McCormick played superbly for truro yesterday in his first game since being released from prison, they have themselves a quality goalkeeper, hope he does well. Can't help but think we are in need of a goalkeeper too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Don't even think about it Cobi.

If Hooper the snooper doesn't like paedophile jokes he sure as hell wouldn't stand for a child killer playing for us. Can you imagine how many letters he would have to write to the relevant authorities in that scenario?

I wouldn't be able to forgive and forget if it was my kids he killed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:28 pm

He won't come back here.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Greenjock wrote:

If Hooper the snooper doesn't like paedophile jokes he sure as hell wouldn't stand for a child killer playing for us. Can you imagine how many letters he would have to write to the relevant authorities in that scenario?

Maybe not but you are not judge, jury or executioner. He did a terrbile thing that I'm sure he deeply regrets and has been dealt with by the law of the land. It's time to move on and let him move on. Any other approach leads to witch hunt, vendetta, vigilantes, lawlessness and mayhem that will only deepen the harm already done.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:38 pm

He's done his time as was set by the laws of the land and should be given the chance to rebuild his life as every other released prisoner gets to do.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Why can't he just sweep streets, work in a shop, work on a building site, cut grass, cook food...anything that doesn't bring him into the public eye!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:20 pm

GOB wrote:
Why can't he just sweep streets, work in a shop, work on a building site, cut grass, cook food...anything that doesn't bring him into the public eye!

If he did any of those jobs you mentioned the scum will still keep him in the public eye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Maybe not but you are not judge, jury or executioner. He did a terrbile thing that I'm sure he deeply regrets and has been dealt with by the law of the land. It's time to move on and let him move on. Any other approach leads to witch hunt, vendetta, vigilantes, lawlessness and mayhem that will only deepen the harm already done.

I said I wouldn't be able to forgive and forget if it was my kids he killed, and I wouldn't.

I expect most other parents feel the same.

Cobi was hinting at a return to Argyle, I don't think that's even worth considering do you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I said I wouldn't be able to forgive and forget if it was my kids he killed, and I wouldn't.

I expect most other parents feel the same

Cobi was hinting at a return to Argyle, I don't think that's even worth considering do you?

Agreed.

Where I disagree is that the bloke has served his time (whether that time was long enough is another debate - and Luke isn't to blame for the current rules governing parole) and he deserves the same opportunity as all other ex-cons - the opportunity for rehabilitation, to go straight, get a job and make a worthwhile contribution to society. And Luke's job, prior to prison, was as a professional footballer. I wouldn't moan if a convicted plumber or electrician went back to being a plumber or electrician upon release, so I'm not going to condemn Luke for going back to doing what he does best. He'll get shedloads of abuse for it, he will be made to feel like crap, and many will say rightly so. He's served his time, and deserves the same opportunity to move on with his life as any other ex con.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:32 pm

I just think it would be decent and respectful to the family if he at least kept out of the headlines.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:35 pm

It doesn't help when the sun print a headline at even the slightest thing he does.

If the sun stopped contacting the parents everytime he so much as took a dump then it wouldn't be half as bad.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Of course he's entitled to get on with doing what he does best and hopefully his remorse extends to his alcohol consumption and how he spends his hard earned and his spare time.

However as far as his ever playing for Argyle again I wouldn't want to expend a nano second of adulation on him when his name was read out or he made a great save. So I probably wouldn't go and watch him play or at least not without considering him in the light of my first paragraph.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:59 am

Yea Man wrote:
It doesn't help when the sun print a headline at even the slightest thing he does.

If the sun stopped contacting the parents everytime he so much as took a dump then it wouldn't be half as bad.

that was the point i made too, they are determined to hound him to death and play on the victims emotions just so they can sell another lie infested paper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 am

Luke Mc becomes a plumber: "Would you allow this man into your house" screams the Sun.
Luke Mc becomes a coach: "Would you allow this man to train your kids" screams the Sun.

Luke Mc becomes a post-man: "Would you want this man to put his hand into your letter-box" screams the Sun.

Luke Mc has to move into a council flat: "Would you want this man living next door to you" screams the Sun.

Luke Mc becomes homeless: "Would you want this man making your streets untidy" screams the Sun.

"It woz the Sun wot dun it" screams the Sun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:44 am

Yes Knecht, the sun may well scream those things but I don't think the Sun would scream it quite so loud if McCormick was a warehouse man rather than a (maybe!) professional footballer, do you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:49 am

No they wouldn't. The Sun also buys into the celebrity culture so he wouldn't count. At that point, the issue is whether, having served his sentence, he should be allowed to get on with his life however he can and not be forced to hide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:52 am

Yes I agree but I'm not sure he will ever serve his sentence. Imprisonment is the state sentence, in this case the social sentence is Life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:12 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I expect most other parents feel the same

Agreed.

Where I disagree is that the bloke has served his time (whether that time was long enough is another debate - and Luke isn't to blame for the current rules governing parole) and he deserves the same opportunity as all other ex-cons - the opportunity for rehabilitation, to go straight, get a job and make a worthwhile contribution to society. And Luke's job, prior to prison, was as a professional footballer. I wouldn't moan if a convicted plumber or electrician went back to being a plumber or electrician upon release, so I'm not going to condemn Luke for going back to doing what he does best. He'll get shedloads of abuse for it, he will be made to feel like crap, and many will say rightly so. He's served his time, and deserves the same opportunity to move on with his life as any other ex con.

This for me.

For what its worth I've seen the video when Luke is being charged and I've spoken with a couple of people who know him reasonably well and by all accounts if prison is there to punish AND to rehabilitate so as to ensure that the criminal does not offend again then I think it has done its job. Luke has lost the best years of his career and will forever be known as a child killer. The accounts I've had relayed to me have all spoken of Luke's guilt and remorse and that actually no length of prison sentence would remove that.

There are times in the past, hopefully now distant past when I've been a bit of an idiot. There but for the grace of God...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:20 am

Exactly Nick, none of us are angels, we've just been lucky.

I see another heart breaking moral issue has started today, the case of the guy that was tragically involved in the M5 fireworks disaster.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:31 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:

Spot on.

I hate the "Murderer", Lee Hughes, because he still flaunts his basic horribleness, McCormick did something stupid and has paid the price society dictates, the media whores aren't his fault, I would be happy to give the lad a break while he gets on with the rest of his life, shit happens.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:24 pm

i disagree, the sun hound any ex con who has killed.

take tracy andrews she served 14 years for murder yet her details and photo have been published.

conversely maxin carr (the most hated woman in britain who incidentally didnt hurt anyone directly) has her details supressed. rumour has it she lives in the peak district.

karen matthews had her cover blown but i havent seen anything on her lately maybe thats been censured........
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:00 pm

As for the firework thing, would you drive at 70+ into thick smoke/ fog?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:54 pm

seadog wrote:
As for the firework thing, would you drive at 70+ into thick smoke/ fog?

Not just that, to pin this on someone when the issue is (literally) a case of what way the wind was blowing, is harsh.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Where there's blame there's a claim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:13 pm

GOB wrote:
Yes Knecht, the sun may well scream those things but I don't think the Sun would scream it quite so loud if McCormick was a warehouse man rather than a (maybe!) professional footballer, do you?

Of course they would GOB they where all over his wedding the other month like flies on shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick plays first match    Luke McCormick plays first match  Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick plays first match
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next