pilgrim_pete
Mapperley, darling
pepsipete
Flat_Track_Bully
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:32 pm

Like someone else said he should play abroad, the parents dont want to here McCormicks name, shame on oxford united.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
knecht wrote:
If I have understood the story correctly, he actually didn't set off after he'd downed several pints - it was the following morning after a late night. ?

No you haven't, he was still drinking at 2-30 and set off at 4-30 after resting in a room but not being able to sleep, the accident also happened at 5-30 ish at Keele, he was described as "driving like an idiot" at 90 mph, not 90 miles from Bolton to Keele, he was described as drunk yet was only twice the limit, the equivalent of maybe four pints, anybody on here get pissed on four pints ?

I have heard that both the kids were not belted in and the driver also gave a positive breath test, could be urban myths, what I do know for a fact is what a good mate of mine told me after he was banged up with Luke for six months. He said Luke was lovely a fellah who was prepared to help anybody out as far as he could despite still being deeply disturbed and remorseful at what he had done.

I am not happy he is going to one of our rivals, I would have taken him like a shot, I would hate to have signed the 'murderer' Lee Hughes, he is a total tw@, but McCormick is a smashing guy as well as being a gifted footballer, he forked up true, which of us hasn't but fell lucky, he's done his time, leave him the feck alone.

Also I did read somewhere that the highways agency tracked him for several miles on there cameras noting his dangerous driving but did not call the police.

If i was luke move to aus plenty of football over there and far enough away to keep out of the papers.
Back to top Go down
Lost_In_France

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Luke has done his time I feel. He will live with that mistake for the rest of his life.
He should be left alone. If he was a plumber nobody would care one but cus he's a footballer people think that gives a right to slate him.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:30 pm

If he was a plumber who'd killed two kids, I think people down the local would probably have something to say.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:33 pm

This will all blow over after a few games. untill he comes back to play against us.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:25 am

Oh what a surprise I wondered how long it would take the sun to write a story about luke.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:39 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
Oh what a surprise I wondered how long it would take the sun to write a story about luke.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cynical manipulation of sad & damaged people by a thoroughly discredited hypocritical sheet of offensive & second-rate toilet paper.
Back to top Go down
Sparkk

Sparkk

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:12 am

A few people have said that McCormick should go abroad to continue his career there...I would echo this as it was my initial thought. Thinking about it though...how easy is it for someone convicted of a serious crime to just move abroad and ply his trade elsewhere? I'm pretty certain the US wouldn't even let him in!

I think we should just let him get on with his life as best he can. I won't be booing or abusing him or cheering him either. One thing you can guarantee is that the stigma of what he's done will stay with him throughout his playing days and he will take a hell of a lot of abuse from some. Hope he's thick-skinned enough to deal with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:54 pm

Apparently all that was chanted at southend today was 'murderer'
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Apparently all that was chanted at southend today was 'murderer'

i expect he's used to hearing that.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
knecht wrote:
If I have understood the story correctly, he actually didn't set off after he'd downed several pints - it was the following morning after a late night. ?

No you haven't, he was still drinking at 2-30 and set off at 4-30 after resting in a room but not being able to sleep, the accident also happened at 5-30 ish at Keele, he was described as "driving like an idiot" at 90 mph, not 90 miles from Bolton to Keele, he was described as drunk yet was only twice the limit, the equivalent of maybe four pints, anybody on here get pissed on four pints ?

I have heard that both the kids were not belted in and the driver also gave a positive breath test
, could be urban myths, what I do know for a fact is what a good mate of mine told me after he was banged up with Luke for six months. He said Luke was lovely a fellah who was prepared to help anybody out as far as he could despite still being deeply disturbed and remorseful at what he had done.

I am not happy he is going to one of our rivals, I would have taken him like a shot, I would hate to have signed the 'murderer' Lee Hughes, he is a total tw@, but McCormick is a smashing guy as well as being a gifted footballer, he forked up true, which of us hasn't but fell lucky, he's done his time, leave him the feck alone.
Yeah, I heard that too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:31 pm

Are you seriously saying that the police have evidence that he was over the limit and chose to not prosecute?

I'm a big believer in conspiracy theories (including Big Foots Jock Very Happy ) but this would require many people simply burying evidence and not talking.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:08 pm

sam - i heard the kids didnt have belts on but nothing about the driver of 'their car' where did you learn this ????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:23 pm

The no seatbelt story seems to be widely reported, although not officially but haven't read anything about the other driver being over the limit to.

It'd explain to low sentence if there were other factors in play though.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:56 pm

surely the old bill would have prosecuted though?

for green sam to pass his comment in support ? of lord tisdale is 'of note'
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Lord Aviva wrote:
surely the old bill would have prosecuted though?

Point of order, the word is that he returned a positive result ie. he had been drinking, not that he was over the limit, this did not come from my mate that did time with Luke, he said that he was reticent to talk about the incident beyond showing remorse for his own actions.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:27 pm

I won't say that Mr X from Y street told me this information as I was told in confidence, but it's what I heard yes. Did not hear specifics but like LT I heard the driver had also been drinking.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:32 pm

GreenSam wrote:
I won't say that Mr X from Y street told me this information as I was told in confidence, but it's what I heard yes. Did not hear specifics but like LT I heard the driver had also been drinking.

so your saying theres been some form of cover up here ? ? ? ? Shocked
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:44 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

so your saying theres been some form of cover up here ? ? ? ? Shocked
Not saying that, there may not have been enough to go on to prosecute.

No-one's saying the guy was pissed just that he returned a positive test, as Lord Tisdale says. Also to be prosecuted for death by dangerous driving there has to be significant evidence that the dangerous driving was the CAUSE of the boys deaths. There's no way they'd get a conviction on that with Luke driving like a maniac. They could easily have decided not to prosecute without it being a cover up.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:49 pm

this seems like dark heavy stuff which should be left well alone.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:08 am

Davidfriio4 wrote:
this seems like dark heavy stuff which should be left well alone.
Perhaps but what LT said is exactly what I had heard so I thought I'd point out that what he said most probably has some credence to it and isn't just idle gossip. I've said my bit now. The one thing we can all be sure of is that as you say, it's a very dark and tragic situation.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:19 am

thanks for the comments Lord Tis & Green Sam.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:34 am

At what point does a breath test become "positive"? I was under the impression that a test was either positive or negative, depending on whether you are over or under the legal driving limit?

If a "positive" test is signified by purely having some level of alcohol in your blood, then my kids could go out, buy a can of shandy, drink it, and give a positive test.

It's a bit naughty to insinuate something by stating someone gave a positive breath test, because 99% of people will reach the same conclusion about a statement like that.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:39 am

mouth wash used to give a 'positive' test
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:43 am

So the police knew he had had a drink but he wasn't over the limit and, it's the kids faults for not having their seat belts on......"so I heard".

There's a few potential Sun reporters using this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Signs.....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next