pepsipete
Flat_Track_Bully
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Luke McCormick Signs..... Empty
PostSubject: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 pm

...for Oxford according to the BBCs transfer feed!

Official confirmation on the Truro FC site. Nothing from Oxford though?!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:36 pm

We play Oxford at HP on 16th Feb..........reception?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:15 pm

I will clap. Great championship keeper and a superb guy all round. The work he did for charity was immense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:26 pm

Pitbull wrote:
I will clap. Great championship keeper and a superb guy all round. The work he did for charity was immense.

I'm in the he's served his time camp and should be able to get on with his life. I also happen to know from someone close to him that there isn't a day that goes by when he doesn't regret that day. I am also lucky that it wasn't me. I've been a tad stupid when I was young etc

Having said all that I wouldn't clap him and call him a superb guy all around. I would be more than aware that it is an emotive subject and let it lie for fear that I offend the people around me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 pm

i await yet another exclusive from the parents from them scum bags at the sun.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:45 am

I very much doubt that he will play at Home Park, if he plays at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:57 am

Pokesdown wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

I'm in the he's served his time camp and should be able to get on with his life. I also happen to know from someone close to him that there isn't a day that goes by when he doesn't regret that day. I am also lucky that it wasn't me. I've been a tad stupid when I was young etc

Having said all that I wouldn't clap him and call him a superb guy all around. I would be more than aware that it is an emotive subject and let it lie for fear that I offend the people around me.

He say what I say.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:16 am

i cant see it upsetting anyone that he plays at home park, he was a respected player that always had time for the supporters. seems to be a thing with keepers
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:31 am

Pitbull wrote:

The work Jimmy Savile did for charity was immense.

He drove his car whilst he was drunk on the motorway and killed two young boys and ruined a family's life.

You really are a plank. I can see arguments as to why he could rejoin the professional game but labelling him an 'allround superb guy' is ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:39 am

Sleep

i think this has done the rounds before

served his time, made a massive error, parents still distraught etc etc etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:11 am

What's the betting the mother will be wheeled out by the Sun again for an emotive interview?

Wouldn't want a kid killer at my club, mind, mistake or not.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:20 am

I've always thought his best option by far, would be to continue his career abroad somewhere. A keeper of his quality is always going to get a club, and it's naive to think that he'd just turn his back on potential earnings of a few grand a week, and go and become a plumber.

I know Lee Hughes played on in England, but it's the 'child killer' tag that Luke will always carry, that makes his circumstances a lot more emotive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:22 am

It's going to be hell for that family to see his name pop up on the telly every-so-often.

I still believe it would have been better for all if he just vanished into society.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:25 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I've always thought his best option by far, would be to continue his career abroad somewhere. A keeper of his quality is always going to get a club, and it's naive to think that he'd just turn his back on potential earnings of a few grand a week, and go and become a plumber.

I know Lee Hughes played on in England, but it's the 'child killer' tag that Luke will always carry, that makes his circumstances a lot more emotive.

This........................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:38 am

He didn't set out to murder anyone. He made a mistake. If I have understood the story correctly, he actually didn't set off after he'd downed several pints - it was the following morning after a late night. Many people will have done similar & 'got away with it'. A stupid mistake. He has paid for that mistake. Both he and the parents will also be paying for that mistake for the rest of their lives.

Am I also right in saying that the children weren't seat-belted?
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:07 am

Tough one but according to our laws he has served his punishment. TBF I wont clap him but I wont be booing or shouting out at him either. HE should have gone to Spain or USA and got on with it there.

I had inside information on this incident which basically wasn't as clear cut as the press made out. If anyone wants to know (It's just what I was told by someone who knew a lot of the players back then) PM me.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 pm

knecht wrote:
If I have understood the story correctly, he actually didn't set off after he'd downed several pints - it was the following morning after a late night. ?

No you haven't, he was still drinking at 2-30 and set off at 4-30 after resting in a room but not being able to sleep, the accident also happened at 5-30 ish at Keele, he was described as "driving like an idiot" at 90 mph, not 90 miles from Bolton to Keele, he was described as drunk yet was only twice the limit, the equivalent of maybe four pints, anybody on here get pissed on four pints ?

I have heard that both the kids were not belted in and the driver also gave a positive breath test, could be urban myths, what I do know for a fact is what a good mate of mine told me after he was banged up with Luke for six months. He said Luke was lovely a fellah who was prepared to help anybody out as far as he could despite still being deeply disturbed and remorseful at what he had done.

I am not happy he is going to one of our rivals, I would have taken him like a shot, I would hate to have signed the 'murderer' Lee Hughes, he is a total tw@, but McCormick is a smashing guy as well as being a gifted footballer, he forked up true, which of us hasn't but fell lucky, he's done his time, leave him the feck alone.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Football people and the press don't tend to leave people alone, particularly if the person is in the public eye on a regular basis.
I can understand him returning to football but it should be away from the UK for everyone's sake.
I have always agreed with , 'There but for good fortune have gone many of us'. I have sympathy for everyone involved. He will polarise opinion on the terraces and it won't be pleasant or forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

I have heard that both the kids were not belted in and the driver also gave a positive breath test

This is correct as far as I know (from a close mate of Friio's) and that Luke was given a more leniant sentence if they agreed to keep that out the press.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
knecht wrote:
If I have understood the story correctly, he actually didn't set off after he'd downed several pints - it was the following morning after a late night. ?

No you haven't, he was still drinking at 2-30 and set off at 4-30 after resting in a room but not being able to sleep, the accident also happened at 5-30 ish at Keele, he was described as "driving like an idiot" at 90 mph, not 90 miles from Bolton to Keele, he was described as drunk yet was only twice the limit, the equivalent of maybe four pints, anybody on here get pissed on four pints ?

Thanks for the correction. I thought before posting what I did. Perhaps I should have thought for longer! That's the way that myths are born and internet "facts" become established.

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:59 pm

This piece gives a perspective:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 pm

knecht wrote:
Thanks for the correction.

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Was gonna happen eventually.
well done to Oxford for facing the backlash it won't last too long.
there was a few days of it at Truro, but once he starts playing and if he plays well they're forget about it, when he plays and hes shite the child killer chants will start.
He's gotta live with it everyday, i don't agree with what he did, But it takes guts to get back in front of thousands to play when you know all eyes are on you and they're gonna remind you of your mistake, for every second of those 90 mins.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Thing is he'll remember himself every second for the rest of his life too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:26 pm

If he had any self respect at all he should have either quit football or went abroad to play.
If it was up to me id have chopped his bollocks off..but that's another thing, just thank feck he never signed for us
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick Signs.....   Luke McCormick Signs..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Signs.....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next