Elias
Han Solos Other Ship
Czarcasm
coathypafc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
coathypafc

Exeter City having money problems  Empty
PostSubject: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tisdale says he may also be unable to afford to re-sign top scorer Jamie Cureton, fellow striker John O'Flynn and experienced midfielder Matt Oakley.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Sign on Cureton, great player.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Isn't Cureton about 48 now? scratch
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:21 pm

His glorious misses against us shows that he always wanted to come here of course
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Born 1975. He'll be 38 in August.

He's had 12 different clubs. 702 appearances, 245 goals.

Wikipedia.

We have money problems too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:23 pm

John O'Flynn would be a good signing as would Oakley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:25 pm

Oakley is a good player, certainly better than what we have. I would imagine Sheridan knows of him.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:41 am

not the only ones - sheff utd may be in trouble if they dont go up.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:54 pm

Feck me, that's serious breaking news, somebody alert the hold the front page cat.

We have been skint since the old king was on the throne, Cureton has been wrecked by Tisdale's inability to sign players than can supply him properly, O'Flynn was a quality striker when we signed him but is too similar to Curo and has been buggered by the Tisdale strikers graveyard regime, Oakley is yet another injury prone geriatric, Tw@sdale just loves 'em, they are all well past their sell bys, feel free to poach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Here's your chance Tis, go find a buyer and bingo, President Tis! clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:09 pm

They could afford Chadwick and not much chance of him being wrecked in Tisdale's striker graveyard either.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:52 am

ridsdale and tisdale, rather like our very own chuckle brothers
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:02 am

GOB wrote:
Here's your chance Tis, go find a buyer and bingo, President Tis! clown

Please Gobby, a little respect here, unlike ol' Webbed Foot I support the Trust ideal, we could of course do with some people who have actually grown a pair at some point in their lives being involved on the Trust Board rather than a bunch of Suit wannabes, but as always beggars can't be choosers.

Enjoyed reading the related thread down on the Farm, so funny the way all you Greenies feign a complete lack of interest in your lil cuzzes up the road yet can glean so much pleasure from a tiny little 'nothing' story stating the bleeding obvious.

The real point is that a two bob team with no support and half a ground have been pithing all over the mighty sleeping giants for three whole years and even with our financial travails might well make it a fourth.

Tisdale is the crutch of the problem, don't bother it's a play on words designed to imply that he is both the issue and a bit of a knob at the same time, his contract, dolled out by his mate Taggy, is a joke for a club of our size, £150k on a two year roller, 'they' thought it was a great idea because somebody was bound to come in and snap him up allowing us to bank the compo, yeah right. Would you want him over Sherry Baby?

In addition to the Fop we seem to have enormous numbers of Suits and coaches drawing wedge, five commercial managers at a club that does nowt but put on 30 at most matches a year, we have no ongoing commercial activity beyond matchday operations, Directors for this, that and the other drawing down for what? Taggy is a nice enough lad but in the real world, a CEO?

The club does not release proper accounts, they do supply the full set to certain 'selected' members of the Trust Board who have a pain of death NDA, but the weak arse wankers are just too scared to allow the owners of the Club, we the great unwashed, to see the true financial position because they know that the few siren voices would then have a bit of ammo to maybe stir the brain dead (silent) majority into doing something about it now, before it is too late. The latest release of accounts is restricted to the balance sheet as at season 2011-12 end, no P&L, no notes, no nothing. As owners of the club we get less info than is readily available for 90% of other League clubs.

The major relevant point, as can be seen from the voting at the last Trust AGM, 95% of those who bother to turn up support this policy of total disengagment and secrecy, the other slightly less important fact is that of 3500 members some 60 odd turned up, way under 2%, we get what we deserve.

Tisdale, Edwards, Tilson, Perriwinkle, Gwinnett and a rack of fetchers and carriers on wages for coaching a team that managed one point from the last twenty one available and two ponts from the eighteen available from 'local derbies', hardly what you would describe as VFM.

I watch MUFC on a regular basis, no, not them, Maidstone United, there were 2200 there on Tuesday for the Ryman South semi play off, they have averaged 1800 all season, the club is owned by local business men, engagement with the fans is total, the players are all local, many drawn from the twenty or so junior sides run in conjunction with the club itself, they may not be world beaters but every game I have seen has involved the total commitment of the players, who incidentally have to get up the next day and go to work. To say I have fallen out of love with City would be taking it a bit far, I still feel deeply for the Club I have supported for the last fifty years, but the lazy ass 'pro' footballers who couldn't give a shiite, the rack of overpaid, under acheiving coaches and the grasping, money grubbing Suits are certainly doing their best to feck me orf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:24 am

"We'll meet again" etc etc etc.

lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:29 am

I think you will find it's called league football Lord Tisdale, what you say about ECFC probably applies to the majority of league clubs right now.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:36 am

Yea Man wrote:

lol!

Yep, fixtures are out June 18th I think, you get to find out when your next Cup Final is, hope we can supply enough points to keep you up again.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:40 am

akagreengull wrote:
I think you will find it's called league football Lord Tisdale, what you say about ECFC probably applies to the majority of league clubs right now.

Think you may have once again missed the point Gully, our last CEO sold us a bill of goods that we were "No ordinary Football Club", we are one of just two clubs in the FL which are majority owned by a fan's trust, we need to be different from the other 44, I exclude Prem and Chump teams as we are never going there so what they do has no relevance, bit like for you boys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:49 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

lol!

Yep, fixtures are out June 18th I think, you get to find out when your next Cup Final is, hope we can supply enough points to keep you up again.

The plane is already on standby mate.

Laughing

My my my don't we look a complete bunch of cnuts.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Yea Man wrote:

My my my don't we look a complete bunch of cnuts.

Nah, only the tw@s who haven't grasped the fundamentals.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:21 pm

akagreengull wrote:

True...

Aldershot Town went in to administration today,only 5 days after losing at Rotherham United in the Football League. A firm has been hired to look at the finances of Aldershot Town.

It just goes to show how important staying in the Football League was for Argyle and also those other teams who fought hard to not go down..

Bury could also soon vanish from the league due to problems up that way..Don't forget the likes of Coventry City/Sheffield United and to a lesser extent,Stockport County/Darlington.

Grim reading here :-

And here :-

Football has certainly changed from the same sport i grew up with.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Terrible if Aldershot Town go the same way as Aldershot FC did. Their club crest is a Phoenix from the flames too.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Jelly & Icecream time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Freathy wrote:
Terrible if Aldershot Town go the same way as Aldershot FC did. Their club crest is a Phoenix from the flames too.

True, but like Crawley you wondr how hey we're financed through the leagues in the first place. Like Crawley who xisle of the farm supports.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter City having money problems    Exeter City having money problems  Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter City having money problems
Page 1 of 1