SirCumfrance
coathypafc
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tcm

tcm

Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 10:52 pm

lets face it unless it old red nose himself,hes gona get a rough ride here,,,,,wrong trousers,wrong interveiw style,,has been,,,not enough badges,,has one tit biger than the other,has speeding tickets,northener,smells,got a beard,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cant spell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:02 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:
blackwell is the one the club wants according to chris errington....

If he comes here i will cease to have anything to do with this club as he is an awful manager

Another ex player/manager who didn't exactly set the world alight last time he was here.

Nor has he as a manager anywhere else.. i may change my name to extremely pissed off mayfair if he is appointed i warn you lol
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:30 pm

This... this could end up going very badly again couldn't it? I have a feeling of dread. We're the ones expressing an interest in Kevin Blackwell? Oh shi... the other worry is that the law of average's suggest, at some point, Colin Lee might actually be listened too down here. It's starting to depress me the more I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The list is in

Blackwell
Sheridan
Hill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 8:40 am

Completely under whealmed, only to be expected. Never really thought we were in danger of relegation but now a disticnt possibility. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:53 am

I'm sure Blackwell was caretaker for a while when Jones or Warnock were sacked and we were shite.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:00 am

Blackwell's teams get results, but play awful, nasty football. Usually masters of the dark arts of time wasting, diving, feigning injury etc. I think his appointment would put more fans off.

Sheridan did ok at Chesterfield and Oldham, but I wouldn't want him after his attack on Friio.

Hill is the only one of the three I'd like.

This short list is ok, but nothing mouth watering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:13 am

But all of them vastly more experienced than Fletch. What do we need right now? Someone to save us from relegation again, it ain't going to be Mourhinio is it? Blackwell does have some history of persuading decent players to come to clubs, is all we need is a lower league goal scorer and the rest of the team organising and thinning out a bit, main thing, don't feck about, get one of them in quick, the one that really wants to be here.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:18 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Blackwell's teams get results,.
That'll do me.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:25 am

It's a critical appointment.

We need someone capable of staving off relegation, being ruthless enough to cut the squad size down, wheel and deal to get new players in, while at the same being a big enough "name" to restore some faith in Brent and excite the punters enough to get them back through the turnstyles.

Someone who is experienced with lower league football, but who has also had success. All this needs to be done quickly to maximise the use of the registration window.

It's a big ask.

With Argyle's recent track record with the search for a CEO (is that STILL ongoing?), and the Director of Football debacle, you'll forgive me if I'm a little cynical.

I fully expect an appointment that will neither inspire, nor save us, and will be none of the names mentioned thus far as favourites.

My transition to Freathyesque levels of optimism is almost complete.

(I don't mean it Freathy - I actually wish people would listen to you)

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 am

By the time he's appointed we could be in the bottom two, unlikely but possible, without our captain and having missed a goodly portion of the transfer window (oh yes Brent should have sacked Carl earlier).

What a job to come into.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:57 am

i will cease to support this club if they hire either blackwell or sheridan.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:02 am

My levels of expectation are reflected in those kind of names. They could turn out to be the next Paul Sturrock, who knows.

I'm just so pissed off that the Sean O'Driscoll ship sailed last season when we had the chance and so many could see the future under Carl Fletcher.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:05 am

Keeping us up this season shouldn't be too difficult for an experienced manager, it's what happens next I'm more interested in.

We're pretty much in the same boat we were when Sturrock first came to the club, but what he did was miraculous and I can't see it happening again so quickly. So realistically with our gates the new guy, provided he does keep us up that is, should be clearing out the dead wood and getting in his own players next season.

He should be able to challenge next season, which when compared to Fletcher would be such a relief. The play offs would be brilliant, but maybe a year too soon. As long as there is a noticeable change in the players attitude, i.e. not playing for a draw and possibly pinching a win, and we are at least in with a shout of the play offs, then most fans would welcome this after the last five years.

The gates would increase as soon as we start to win a few games and then the following season we should be capable of waving goodbye to this shitpit of a league.

That's my take on it anyway. Oh and we'll have a shiny new grandstand with a decent bar as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:21 am

kevin blackwell has achieved nothing as a manager apart from having fans rejoyce at his sackings. Bury are in financial trouble and he cant get them playing at all so what makes brent feel he can do a better job here with alot less!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:19 pm

im including this as evidence of my managerial credentials. as you can see, no defeats all season, hardly any goals conceded, a shit squad of players and no cash to back up m[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]y ambitions, im perfect fpr the job; oi, brenty-me for manager!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Blackwell's teams get results,.
That'll do me.

The problem is that we could do with a Blackwell-type manager inthe short-term to turn results around and get us safe this season.

Would I want Blackwell or a Blackwell-type manager here next season?

No, would I fook. When he was at Leeds and things were going ok, his arrogance was breathtakingly off the scale. I've been quite pleased to see his managerial career decay to the point it has.

Sheridan has almost appeared as a bit if a wild card. Always liked him as a player. If his teams play like he used to, it'd be easy on the eye. But is he the right person to drag us clear this year? Questionable.

Of the three I'd take Hill. Not cutting it in the c'ship with Barnsley when you're mostly certainly one of the three smallest clubs in the league, isn't the worst slight he could have on his CV. A lot if managers could struggle, I recks. He got Rochdale promoted with a budget and attendances that were probably inferior to even Exeters, so a big tick in the box there. Playing for us for four years and knowing the area would help to ease him in comfortably too. The fans would be generally enthusiastic I would think.

Yep. Come on down Keef.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 1:05 pm

Blackwell was quite shitty towards us when we played Leeds (I think) when he was a pundit on sky so he can feck off. Gotta be Keith for me.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 4:57 pm

John Sheridan seems to be the clear favourite with the bookies?

2/1 on, 5/1 on (x2) and 7/1 on!

Maybe they've seen him queuing for a ticket for port vale tomorrow?

Odds checker LINK
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:38 pm

Brent favours Brown as he thinks it means there won't need to be a home Dressing room in the new stand, Brown does his halftime teamtalk on the pitch.

It could well come down to who is willing to work with the current coaching staff ( I use the term advisedly) as Brent won't want the added cost of firing them and getting someone capable in.

As an outside bet, how about a return to Home Park for Kevin Summerfield?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:46 pm

If argyle really want to avoid relegation, give the job to a arse kicker like cotterill.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:48 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
If argyle really want to avoid relegation, give the job to a arse kicker like cotterill.

How's Newll & Webb getting a kicking going to kee Argyle up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 5:51 pm

john sheridan has the job according to a source.im not allowed to post the link due to being new sadly but uf you type in southwestsportsnews.com im sure you can find it.

I guess Brent really isnt that interested in the football club and there for i am still refusing to put any of my money into the club till he sells up and fucks off.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

So long farewell Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 pm

125+1 wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

So long farewell Very Happy
#

ill miss you too aviva fan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short list being drawn up    Short list being drawn up  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Short list being drawn up
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next