shonbo
Highwayman
mouldyoldgoat
Sir Francis Drake
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:50 pm

cornysteve wrote:
No issues with the mods, but didn't think I was sniping. Just calling for the hopeful return of the three.

Sorry Steve, I moved the posts in 2 batches your post (as with Sensibles) was in the second batch but when I moved them they've gone somewhere else and now I can't find them Laughing

If your post has disappeared and isn't in the dump then i've fecked up and moved it somewhere else, don't take it personally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:51 pm

hairy j wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
It's more democratic than Pasoti.

Half of the posts on this forum would've been deleted, edited or moved by now.

I agree.

Yea Man wrote:
As this thread has once again turned into a personal war between a few people all posts which were just plainly sniping at someone else have been moved.

It's getting boring now every thread turning into a war and sniping at any opportunity.

If anyone is sending abuse via the PM system then the mods will take action.

In moving some posts some were accidently deleted instead of moved.

Oh... it was only a bit of fun. afro

We can't all be as awesome as you man.

To be fair though we let threads run on here but when they just turn into personal bitchfests they get boring for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:51 pm

Didn't take it personally. No worries.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:56 pm

i attended a few cherry tree meets. I`am offended no has a go at me.

ps crap beer charlie ive had far worst. A crap pub is when you stick to the floor and the beer is lumpy
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:03 pm

I can see it it now yea man sitting at his computer doing his mod duties. What does this button do oh bugger it deletes posts, what does this button do it makes the site a funny colour. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:07 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
I can see it it now yea man sitting at his computer doing his mod duties. What does this button do oh bugger it deletes posts, what does this button do it makes the site a funny colour. lol!

Laughing

To be fair the colours only went haywire when we changed the picture to poppies lol!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Yea Man wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

Laughing

To be fair the colours only went haywire when we changed the picture to poppies lol!

I know only joking but you do always get the blame when things go wrong on here lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Yep, that's cos its his fault bounce

Only pulling your leg Yeaman sunny

PS I went to the Cherry Tree in 1973, does that make me CTC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:39 pm

I don't mind being the sh#t mod, it saves all the other mods from getting the blame then.

Really it's all them but I take the blame, I take one for the team see.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:43 pm

Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 H3FD9E775
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:55 pm

Yea man used to work as a heating engineer in Chernobyl, got a bit curious and the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:14 am

Yea Man wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

Laughing

Whats with the 'we'! affraid

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:11 am

Before the hue and cry dies down...
My tuppence worth regarding Gob's shitstirring...

GOB wrote:

This is how I see it..

Rickler has a thing for anyone that has met Newell, I know, I have that tee shirt. etc etc ad nauseum!

...and Gob has a thing about everybody...

Oh Gob... You martyr you...

For you Gob - of all people - to criticise my stance regarding Newell is more than the ultimate in hypocrisy - the ranting of a fool who can't see his own actions. You hound him as much as I do, if not more, look at your recent posts - and then you also have your obsession with Tony Cholwell to add to your list... Your 'thing' with him is almst pathological, you’ve had a dedicated moving tagline for weeks. And then there’s also, ‘Chris Webb’ you got a tagline for him too... Between the two... That’s quite a “thing” you got going yourself, all day everyday - 24/7/365 !!!

And if you don’t mind... I won’t be taking any advice to me, Tringy and Punchy on how to make ourselves more popular from you – Get over yourself... You’re the man who (along with Cerbs) after the ATD elections was probably the person most Atd’rs would have wished would feck off and crawl into a corner somewhere. I don’t think you should be advising anyone. You’re not exactly Dale Carnegie.

At least Cerbs did the right thing and quit ATD.. You came slithering back when this utopian site you keep blathering about – but can never quite articulate actually what it would be – fell apart after just a few days. You just ditched Cerbs with the site you co-started failed, but then of course... You didn't have the option of going to Pasoti.

And as for Cerbs banning Punchie.. He might have done the technical deed but it was your threat as the owner and keyholder to pull the plug on ATD if he wasn’t! I saw that threat with my own eyes. And it certainly didn't take much for Cerbs to comply...

And as for your democracy bullshit... How you can sit there and type such self serving lies is beyond me.
You banned me and locked Tringy out of the mod room on ATD on you own personal whim. And you weren’t even meant to be modding. I am sure it would have been permanent but you couldn’t get a third vote You’re a total fraud Gob, and god help ATD the day you ever get back in the mod room.

The Cherry Tree Cabal.

Let’s clear this mess up once and for all. I invented the phrase. Yeah... That’s right. Me. Not Tringy.... I used it chatting with him and he went public with it before I did.. Kudos to him!

But when I coined the phrase I had the following people in mind. Gob, Cerbs, Andy Symons and Peggy.

Nobody else. Anyone else wannna join them, feel free!

The reason being... It was obvious from snide similar comments made by Andy and Gob, that Peggy had given them her account of what I did on Pasoti regarding their mod room antics. Fair enough... I have had no beef with Peggy at all since her joining ATD. I would be surprised if any of my over 1600 hundred posts even mention her – I guess one or two would have ‘crossover’ but let GOB point to one where I have been nasty or had a “thing” for her! I think you only need to look at Newell’s flikr account and the look at the posts Peggy made about me, to see it’s her that has a thing about me if anything.

Anyway this is neither here or there between me and Peggy as far as I am concerned, but Gob is using this, and it’s typical of the snide way he operates. He throws the “thing” out there, but won’t say what the “thing” is?

And my ‘thing’ with Andy Symons is quite simple. It’s the same problem I have with Gob. He has taken to just outright lying and just making shit up. Like me supposedly threatening the ATD mods – when did that happen? And the stuff about me bombarding Brent's office with phone calls. Or bombarding him with questions to ask. He knows they are all lies. It’s despicable. And if you take him to task on it, he claims you are obsessed.
As for him running me off Pasoti... You what? I didn’t even know he existed on Pasoti when I was there.

And as GreenJock puts it... For my “constant goading” in a “tone that is often condescending and often downright nasty”, well let me gladly say... Thanks to you GreenJock, new standards have been breached and it is hard to keep up. But I do try...

You know what is ironic though? Back in the day... Peggy as a Pasoti mod would have banned your skinny arse from Pasoti faster than you could type ‘Nool’. Funny how times and situations change, eh?

Anyway back to Andy Symons...

When you type the sort of crap that follows and then don’t come through at all. You deserve all the shit you get, especially if you aren’t prepared to answer a single question about it:

Andy Symons wrote:

To give a brief response, it was an excellent meeting. James Brent, Peter Jones and Rick Cowdery were in attendance from the club. The questions were wide ranging; I put as many of the written questions as I could, allowing for time restraints and the fact that the people who attended wanted to ask questions too. Rick Cowdery has a copy of all the written questions. Those that weren't answered in the meeting will get a written response in due course.
I'm going to put together a full report of the evening, in collaboration with Rick Cowdery (we both tape-recorded the entire thing) and a full report will appear in due course. Sorry that at this stage I can't go into more detail but I want to listen back to it first so that I can be 100% accurate.
I can assure everyone who asked written questions that your questions were put to James and Peter exactly as they were written on here (Rickler - the answer to your final question was 'Boxers').
Bear with me, people, and a full report will be up asap.

-------------

None of that happened at all. Not one single bit of it. And, that's not the half of it....

For the record.. I hope Penz comes back soon. The other two I don't really care either way but if it pleases others, fair enough. Peggy isn't on my radar - I rarely read mundane, and If Andy comes back he can answer a few questions - or not... as the case usually is.

God help the Trust now he is on the board is all I will say. I wonder how that fanzine is coming?

Sorry Shonbo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:37 am

I might have breached new standards Rickler, but not to people who choose to post on here. Towards Webb, Newell and your friend Hooper then yes I give them both barrels and often.

You don't goad sensible then? You reply to him in a friendly manner? You didn't jump on Andy Symons on countless occasions?

I don't get what you, Tring and punchdrunk want out of this site? You can be intelligent and funny, like the ambassador thing, and you've been an Argyle fan for years that's obvious, buy almost everything you post is negative and aimed at other ATD users.

It's good to have a diverse range of views, I think that's what separates this site from Pasoti or any others, but it's the way that diversity manifests itself that I find ruins ATD as well.

I use ATD for news and views about Argyle, for having a bit of a laugh on and for pointing out what's wrong at the club, like Newell and Webb. What is ATD to you Rickler?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:43 am

I have to say, before it all kicks off again, since the fallout after the first election last year I feel Rickler's conduct on this forum has been exemplary and he's perfectly within his rights to defend himself in the post above. It might only be his view, but he has put his case in a cogent and non abusive way.

It's unfortunate that Peggy and Andy are no longer here to have a right of reply, but that was their choice, I'm sure Gob will add to the debate further.

If there's one thing I'm a bit "Newellish" about is it's that such strong passions can be aroused between folk who have only got to know one another online. Gob's been to the CT and enjoyed a pint, I'm sure Ricks would too if he had the opportunity.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 am

To be fair to Rickler he's not given the mods an ounce of trouble/work since.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:02 am

I see Rickler very much as his own man and not part of any sub group.

For the record I went to the Cherry Tree to meet some Notts County supporters who were friends of my mates. In those days it was the "away" pub Smile
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:43 am

Pretty much, the only thing which ATDers have in common with one another is a mild interest of some sort in PAFC and (more likely) a deep distrust of at least one of the inhabitants of the Director's box.

That's it. Anything else that you can drudge up isn't that significant.

Cabals, mod room knuckle shuffling post election, the ATD Q&A, past bannings on PASOTI...irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 am

We do all like a good mass debate as well.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:00 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
I have to say, before it all kicks off again, since the fallout after the first election last year I feel Rickler's conduct on this forum has been exemplary and he's perfectly within his rights to defend himself in the post above. It might only be his view, but he has put his case in a cogent and non abusive way.

It's unfortunate that Peggy and Andy are no longer here to have a right of reply, but that was their choice, I'm sure Gob will add to the debate further.

If there's one thing I'm a bit "Newellish" about is it's that such strong passions can be aroused between folk who have only got to know one another online. Gob's been to the CT and enjoyed a pint, I'm sure Ricks would too if he had the opportunity.

I have said this before and I'll say it again, the CTC as Ricks points out was a term given to Cerbs, GOB, Symons and Peggy during the modroom troubles in the Spring of last year and running through to post election tantrums.
I am as aware as anyone else that online relationships often change, usually for the better, when people meet up in the flesh. I intend to make this a priority in 2013 and will include a good session with Jock at the cricket hopefully.
The breakdown in online relationships occured when Newell's flickr account was revealed to the mods. The 'deleted' modroom thread [17pages] is still around and those who peruse it will get a better idea of the reasons for the breakdown. What followed, with the locking out of myself and Rickler, only saved by Frank, the battle for Cerbs to be supermod and the fallout after the election results, clearly shows the divisions. Symons and Peggy were quick enough to pile in, supporting GOB and Cerbs and trying to paint me as a bully and a liar.
There is clearly an 'edge' between some of us for those reasons but I defy anyone to prove that I have tried to force anyone to leave this forum. I give as good as I get but I rarely act without provocation. My comment to Peggy, about it all being about her, should hardly be sufficient for her to throw her toys out of the pram, unless she has a motive. This latest thread is a direct result of people being led into taking sides and listening to slurs which automatically seem to become fact .
If the mods want to give everyone a better picture of what 'really' went on in the modroom, they should publish the thread. Cerbs, Peggy and Symons have all refused.
For the sake of harmony, I am willing to offer my apologies to Peggy for winding her up with my comment last week and as long as people leave me alone to continue my attacks on everything I see wrong with the club, I'll leave them alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:38 am

Rickler, HAPPY NEW YEAR

Tring, I don't think that most people care about what you think, I think that few read it and most ridicule you.

Have a nice day lol!

Last edited by GOB on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:23 am

GOB wrote:
Rickler, HAPPY NEW YEAR

Tring, Nobody cares what you think, few read it and most ridicule you.

Have a nice day lol!

As a matter of interest, how do you know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:27 am

pepsipete wrote:
GOB wrote:
Rickler, HAPPY NEW YEAR

Tring, Nobody cares what you think, few read it and most ridicule you.

Have a nice day lol!

As a matter of interest, how do you know?

Fair comment Pete, I'll change it via the edit.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:28 am

Yea Man wrote:
To be fair to Rickler he's not given the mods an ounce of trouble/work since.

But he did Yea Man!

He asked about changing the colour of the little bubble thing at the top of the page on the tag when we first became mods. It was a test.
I spent ages trying to sort that out and had to give up in the end. One of my first fails as a mod and it will live with me forever! Mad

Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:34 am

Gob i for one am always interested what tring has to say, yes the old boys slightly bonkers but he's been proved right about the fvckwits who have dropped the club to the bottom of the fourth division, tring jock rickler punchie freathy czarcs angry they are what seperate this site from the happy clappy nobbers farm, not the self important cerbs peggy and co.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz   Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Andy Symons, Peggy and Penz
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next