Chemical Ali
pepsipete
Mapperley, darling
Mock Cuncher
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:36 am

I'm going to wear jeans that are too short just in case anyone asks if I'm expecting floods, so for a change I can say yes I am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:09 pm

Exeter and honiton are really flooded, Exe valley looks like the Amazon, not the shopping place.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Drove back from my weekend adventures and part of the M5 (near Stroud) had two lanes closed due to a large puddle. Drove down to Launceston and the journey wasn't too bad.

My parents rang earlier to say a tree had fallen on the A38 near Notter Bridge. It apparently hit a moving car but thankfully no-one was injured.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:26 pm

My youngest rang from Bristol earlier on route from Brighton by train. She was hoping to get back to Falmouth tonight!!!! They were being coached down to Exeter & then either onwards to Plymouth or train. No trains onto Falmouth. Giving up at Plymouth & kipping down with a mate there tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:19 am

Had to pick my missus up from Castle Cary yesterday as the train was cancelled. The line has been washed out at Tiverton and Exeter and there is a big landslip at Dawlish, I wouldn't be surprised if it were shut for a week or more and that's after the river drops down. My old man said he hasn't seen the Exe like that since 1961.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Today's journey back to London is by some distance worse than the journey back last week.

The South West train line is blocked for the foreseeable future because of a large landslide - you need to get on at Yeovil of you need that specific line.

The FGW / Cross country main line is now blocked or damaged in numerous places - their website is saying that buses are running from Exeter to Taunton, but a) they're not very often & b) trains at Taunton to London have been cancelled.

Now on a train in the opposite direction to somewhere..... Should have stayed at home.

Oh, & the M5 is blocked around Cullompton (ish), a couple of small lorries have fallen over - one of which has shed it's load of screws across all lanes.

If I was less grumpy, I'm sure there's puns-a-plenty around screws & driving to be made...

I should've stayed home & watched Homes Under the Hammer whilst pretending to work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:29 pm

There are three or four cars on the rd that runs adjacent to the railway line at Powderham Castle, that are still almost completely submerged due to flooding from the estuary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ain't never known a night like it,
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3