Chemical Ali
pepsipete
Mapperley, darling
Mock Cuncher
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Ain't never known a night like it, Empty
PostSubject: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:34 am

Well I have actually but we did have a hell of a lot of rain last night. The river meadow is completely flooded and I have only seen it like that two or three times in the twenty odd years I have lived here. You have to drive through about two feet of water to get through the lanes to Tavistock and the main Gunnislkae to Tavvy road is down to one lane as that is flooded at Lumburn bends. Funnily enough although the river Tavy in Tavistock is high, I have seen it much higher.
I will try to post some photo's later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:37 am

I am hoping to get down to Lopwell this afternoon I expect the Tavy to be belting over the top of the dam
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:44 am

I stood in a puddle earlier.

It was deeper than I had anticipated in the half light of the Solent sunrise, and now my feet are damp in work.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:55 pm

my doctor (foster's his name), was in gloucester last night. he said that he stepped in a puddle, right up to his middle. my bets that he doesnt go there again.

just stopped raining here in nottm, my pond is topped up nicely now
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:07 pm

just had men round to fix a leak (I hope) in the roof.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:25 pm

I saw a builder mate of mine earlier, "alright John" says I, "do you want to buy a boat?"
"No point" he say's, "I can't swim".
scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Just come in. There is a stream still flowing down the village hill where there isn't usually one. I didn't step in it.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Bloody lean to roof of the bathroom was leaking today- water was coming in via the light switch (as I found out when I got a slight shock). Supposed to be more bad weather to come.

Large pool of water at the bottom of Grenville Rd this morning and Gdynia way was closed. I see lots of the rural places around Exeter are still flooded (pictures below from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ).

And I'm sure ATD-ers will be gutted (well the Plymouth based ones) that tomorrow night's BIG christmas light switch on has been cancelled due to HIGH WINDS (someone suggested Christopher Biggins was doing it?)

Hill Common (never heard of it)-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Cowley Bridge-

Stoke Canon Bridge-

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:05 pm

We're all doomed!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:16 pm

What's rain?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:42 pm

As far as floods go that was definitely one of the worst I have seen Plymouth suffer. I had to help a guy that got stuck driving his car through a stretch about 2 feet deep and a hundred yards long, his car conked out.

The say the worst is yet to come!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:13 pm

GOB wrote:
As far as floods go that was definitely one of the worst I have seen Plymouth suffer. I had to help a guy that got stuck driving his car through a stretch about 2 feet deep and a hundred yards long, his car conked out.

The Mayans reckoned the world will end on December 21st 2012.

Dooommmeedd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Thanks, Punchie. I won't bother to get my car MOT'd then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:59 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
GOB wrote:

Dooommmeedd

No need to do any Xmas shopping then. Bloke heaven.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:00 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
GOB wrote:

Dooommmeedd

OMFG!!!!

A good friend has been saying for some weeks that December 21st will be a turning point in the world. She says that the planets on that day are in such a conjunction that is 'never' seen ever! She's not into the Mayan calendar. Mind you, she is an inveterate positive thinker - so her message has been everything will be put right on that day. It was also my dad's birthday. Spooky!!!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:56 pm

It ain't getting any better....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Bloody hell! Does this mean the match might be called off?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Depends weather( Razz ) we can find volunteers to put the covers on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:55 pm

I'll do it. What do they pay volunteers?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Its been a tad damp in Berkshire and Buckinghamshire today. Just my luck that most of my jobs were outside! Evil or Very Mad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:24 am

knecht wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
GOB wrote:

Dooommmeedd

OMFG!!!!

A good friend has been saying for some weeks that December 21st will be a turning point in the world. She says that the planets on that day are in such a conjunction that is 'never' seen ever! She's not into the Mayan calendar. Mind you, she is an inveterate positive thinker - so her message has been everything will be put right on that day. It was also my dad's birthday. Spooky!!!

TCM will be along in a minute to confirm it, did you know that Calstock and Totnes were connected not only by a lay line but a train line as well? If ever you wanted proof that higher powers are at work then surely this is it. flower
Windy as hell at the Manor this morning, my butlers comb over is hanging limply down the wrong side of his face and he is looking quite dejected, anyway must crack on these Pheasants won't shoot themselves.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:37 am

Roof Repair Swag

I can highly recommend this.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:38 am

knecht wrote:
Bloody hell! Does this mean the match might be called off?
Hopefully the rematch will be scheduled for after the world has ended.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:41 am

Will Fletch still be in charge?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Well if the world ends then it is FACT that 100% of ATD posters will end up in Hell, and obviously Hell is the place where everything is torturous and painful to it's ever doomed inhabitants...so yeah, it looks like we'll be stuck in a never-ending, spirit sapping nightmare watching Argyle under Captain Clueless.

At least the Forza Nerds won't be there I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, Empty

Back to top Go down

Ain't never known a night like it,
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next