Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The sky at night.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The sky at night. Empty
PostSubject: The sky at night.   The sky at night. EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 11:14 am

I was watching the persiod meteor shower last night, I read online that the best time was after midnight, in five minutes I saw 3 really nice meteors in the east low down at about 10.45 and thought I'd go inside and come out at 12 for the big show. What a disappointment, although I had a clear sky above and to the east I only saw another 3 small ones in an hour. What I did see was loads of lightening a long way to the south and west, did anybody have a big thunderstorm last night? If so it didn't get to us.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

The sky at night. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The sky at night.   The sky at night. EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:01 pm

All the family camped out last night till about 11.45pm and saw quite a few meteors including half a dozen good ones. We are on holiday in Kent and didn't expect to see any.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

The sky at night. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The sky at night.   The sky at night. EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:21 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
All the family camped out last night till about 11.45pm and saw quite a few meteors including half a dozen good ones. We are on holiday in Kent and didn't expect to see any.

My bit of Kent was wet last night......and bucketing down today.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

The sky at night. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The sky at night.   The sky at night. EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:26 pm

We are in Monkton near Manston Airport. It was a fairly clear night but no rain overnight. Its very grey and dark at the moment but no rain yet.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

The sky at night. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The sky at night.   The sky at night. EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 1:17 pm

Pissing down here all day.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

The sky at night. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The sky at night.   The sky at night. EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 1:17 pm

Not like that in GSG territory I can assure you mouldy.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

The sky at night. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The sky at night.   The sky at night. EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Pissing down now and we have had thunder.

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

The sky at night. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The sky at night.   The sky at night. EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 1:37 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Pissing down now and we have had thunder.

Welcome to the club mouldy......weather obviously coming from the west....lots more thunder and lightening coming your way.....plus the wet stuff of course.

PS........I know a nice little tea room in Broadstairs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The sky at night. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The sky at night.   The sky at night. Empty

Back to top Go down

The sky at night.
Page 1 of 1