Pete1886
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete1886

Pete1886

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:51 am

Vermin, vile creatures and scum, correct me if I'm wrong but that seemed like a concerted effort to close this site down.

Now I'm an occasional poster on here but I was astounded by what happened last night, the strength of feeling directed at this site was quite astonishing and I found it very disturbing. Whatever your stand point on the post that started it all or even your thoughts on the original poster the reaction was well over the top.

If this is a site that is marginal and full of freaks then why does it promote such a strong reaction?

It seemed to me that the only abuse came from 1 direction and was quite frightening in its ferocity. If this site gets people so angry that surely for their own good these people should turn the other cheek, it can't be healthy for them. Do not read this site!

It seems to me that there was some sort of effort to start a 'war' between these 2 sites, which is just crazy. The reaction here was mild considering the provocation and that cements my choice in using this site and not pasoti.

Can we move on? I'm sure ATD already has, the real question is, will those obsessed with this site on pasoti be able to move on?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:45 am

Pete1886 wrote:
Vermin, vile creatures and scum, correct me if I'm wrong but that seemed like a concerted effort to close this site down.

Now I'm an occasional poster on here but I was astounded by what happened last night, the strength of feeling directed at this site was quite astonishing and I found it very disturbing. Whatever your stand point on the post that started it all or even your thoughts on the original poster the reaction was well over the top.

If this is a site that is marginal and full of freaks then why does it promote such a strong reaction?

It seemed to me that the only abuse came from 1 direction and was quite frightening in its ferocity. If this site gets people so angry that surely for their own good these people should turn the other cheek, it can't be healthy for them. Do not read this site!

It seems to me that there was some sort of effort to start a 'war' between these 2 sites, which is just crazy. The reaction here was mild considering the provocation and that cements my choice in using this site and not pasoti.

Can we move on? I'm sure ATD already has, the real question is, will those obsessed with this site on pasoti be able to move on?

Pete

It's an oft used tactic by those who control Pasoti and will not tolerate questioning. A few 'sleepers' or new newish members suddenly arise at a given signal and they go into attack mode. We know exactly who is always behind it all. Childlike and desperate. pig
Back to top Go down

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:48 am

Pete1886 wrote:

Pete

You know Pete, we once had a different site called Argyle Talk, here’s the story…..

It was a good but very small site where those of us that had fallen foul of Ian and been banned from using Pasoti chatted about the club. There weren’t many of us, just a dozen or so regular posters that were quite happy in our small Argyle world and we left Pasoti alone to do what Pasoti does. We all used to pay for the site, I think it was about 10 quid a year for its operation.

But Ian wasn’t happy with just banning us from Pasoti, he wanted to continue this strange cyber stalking and bullying and he created dozens of users names and posted continual foul language of the worst kind on our old Argyle Talk site. Meanwhile on Pasoti, he continued to slur us in any way he could, he just wouldn’t leave us alone.

What we didn’t know was that during this time Ian had offered the guy that owned the site his position back on Pasoti, we assume as a pay off for a secret deal that gave Ian access the Administration of our forum, Argyle Talk. However, the owner also gave a couple of us Admin access so Ian wasn’t alone.

To cut a very long story short and after quietly learning how these forums operate, we realised what Ian was up to and we monitored the IP addresses that he used and the dozens of pseudonyms that he had created and had provided the passwords to one or two other Pasoti moderators that also posted very personal and abusive comments. To be fair to those other Pasoti moderators and as far as we know, they eventually decided that Ian was way OTT and stopped joining him in his quest.

There wasn’t a lot we could do to prevent Ian from destroying the site as we had only limited Admin access, so we allowed him to continue his strange psychotic cyber campaign whilst we quietly created this site ADT and, here we are today.

Between that lot there have been phone calls, text messages, pm’s and God knows how many comments from Ian to slur this site and its users as he did on our old site.

Eventually Ian closed down the site that we had all paid hard cash to operate and it no longer exist.

We don’t know what private, personal and financial information Ian has about us, but I assume he has it all as we donated to the site and it seems he also gained access to our personal pm’s.

In a very brief nutshell that’s it but believe me, I could write pages and pages of what our friend has been up to, maybe it’s time we did, but we would sooner let sleeping dogs sleep then create issue after issue…..if only Ian could do the same. Of course Ian will be mentioned as he is a centre point regarding our club, but why he insists on creating such own goals for himself is beyond me!

ATD was created so we had somewhere to have a natter after Ian had abused and closed our last forum. It was never intended to rival Pasoti or for Trust issues and club politics, it was just created to give us dozen or so a place to talk about such things.

Now this site is evolving and hundreds more have joined the site. To be honest it’s good to have a few varying opinions then what we had before but even so, we were happy with “our lot”.

However, owing to Ian’s actions of the past we are very critical and we distrust him with his dealings involving the club, as well as his motives. The only person to blame for that is Ian himself.

I would ask any neutral that reads this, why would someone want to prevent questions being asked, prevent comments being made, close fans forums and slur characters, why?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:06 pm

To be fair, I do enjoy taking the pi$$ out of Napoleon.

He hates it when I remind him how I saw the club's demise under Stapes coming and was banned for being a one trick pony. I will continue to take the pi$$ as I see fit. I did offer to stop the personal stuff but he and his fellow mods weren't interested.

THEY DEMAND COMPLIANCE. OPEN AND FREE DEBATE IS NOT WELCOME. THE ADMIN ON PASOTI IS UNDEMOCRATIC AND A LAW UNTO THEMSELVES. THEY HATE THE FACT WE ARE FREE TO QUESTION THEM AND THE CLUB.

It would appear to be a type of anti intellectualism. Not that I'm claiming we are intellectuals but we do encourage free and open debate. They by comparison, appear to try to stifle and discredit alternative viewpoints.
Back to top Go down

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:09 pm

Speak for yourself mate, I'm an intellectual farao

GOB
Engelbert Humperdinck
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Tried to read through "that" thread, gave up, to long, repetative and boring.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: I'm famous :)   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 1:17 pm

It was really quite bizarre, in that instead of picking penzance's post apart he just launched on a huge bluster of offensive slurs, one after another. He completely avoided the scrutiny of the topic (convenient?) and instead obscurely decided to attack the concept of the internet pseudonym - something which is frankly more than commonplace across any forum across the web. A very weird target to choose.

Then, instead of being shipped to Terraces like most of his embarrassing outbursts, it has been left there for all to see. Not sure why.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Don't knock it Mock, yesterday we were unheard of, today the world seems to be showing an interest, all thanks to Ian Newell. If ever there was an own goal scored, Ian has just scored it!

It is strange though, I can't believe that him and Webb are so daft to highlight something that they obviously fear so greatly to encourage such a campaign.

Pasoti has become a sort of unofficial official site and a mouth piece for the club, maybe they just want to weed out any dissenters and encourage them onto this site rather then Pasoti, who knows, I do know that pm's are flying about all over the place on Pasoti though, it seems the paranoia is kicking in on there big time.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:03 pm

I don't look on Pasoti any more. It may be large in numbers but it is low on freedom of speech and integrity.

The only place to openly discuss the club for ALL Argyle fans is here, where the ever present superfan is no more important than the casual sceptic.

Having an understanding of what the club needs to progress is not a matter of how many games you attend or how much you have donated.
History would suggest that the self styled superfans invariably love to court favour with whoever holds the key to the executive toilet.
This time they think they've hit the jackpot and are desperate to impress Jimmy Brent with their power to bring in a crowd .

Places like ATD are scum because they dare to question and more importantly, can't be controlled.

If Webb truly wants to unite supporters of all' levels', he needs to tolerate and welcome debate, not attempt to discredit views not approved by the Pasoti mafia.
It really is that simple and if he can't get Argyle addicted dissenters on board, he sure as hell isn't going to attract the wider public to Home Park.

The omnipotence of these people is only accepted by the sheep down on the farm. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

Last edited by Tringreen on Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vincent_vega

vincent_vega

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:10 pm

PASOTI has lost the plot - no longer a forum with posters having to tiptoe through internal PASOTI politics.

We have the rather unpleasant Ian Newell on some sort of crusade and the chavvy Stone Island wearing President using the site for their own gain. Sad
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:24 pm

vincent_vega wrote:
PASOTI has lost the plot - no longer a forum with posters having to tiptoe through internal PASOTI politics.

We have the rather unpleasant Ian Newell on some sort of crusade and the chavvy Stone Island wearing President using the site for their own gain. Sad

In a nutshell ! Great first post Vincent.
Back to top Go down

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Welcome Vincent, no matter what you're opinion it will have respect on here mate.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 3:03 pm

GOB wrote:
Welcome Vincent, no matter what you're opinion it will have respect on here mate.

More importantly, it will neither be edited, removed, ridiculed by the mob, or warnings given and eventual expulsion.

As night follows day, there will be repeated attempts to discredit this free and open forum.

The continued hypocrisy of those who purport to represent the whole fanbase is truly astounding and there for all to see.

Back to top Go down

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Keep bumping that thread on Pasoti up fellas, it's working a treat! lol!
Back to top Go down

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:52 pm

How funny
Back to top Go down

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Ding ding, round 2 has started! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Where is Vincent ? I miss him.
Back to top Go down

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Awwww, happy days lol!
Back to top Go down

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:05 pm

I just read through this and thought i'd missed something that happened last night. Haha.

GOB - Do you prefer ATD or the original Argyle Talk?
Back to top Go down

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:16 pm

Why do you ask Monti?

Argyle Talk (the old site) was a good laugh until Newell got hold of it and ruined it. The numbers were small and that meant it stagnated a bit with one or two post every couple of days sometimes, but when it got hot it was hot!

A forum is only as good as its users and the users on here are a great bunch and even the ones that we don't see eye to eye with, so I'm not sure there's a comparison really, they're just different forums with different and more characters. I think ATD is evolving with the humor and the self ridicule is starting to shine through and Christ knows, you need that if you're an Argyle fan. Then there's our Exeter "friends" that add to the flavor and even a Torquay fan. The way it seems to be going I think I have to say I prefer ATD, it's the oldies from the old site as well as many new faces, that has to be good.
Back to top Go down

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Just wondering because you said you were quite happy with the 10 or so that posted on Argyle Talk, and just wanted to know whether you preffered seeing a few more peoples opinions or just the ones of pals.

I dont know what i prefer, all i know is that ATD is going from strength to strength and it's really becoming a very enjoyable forum to read and post on Smile
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:42 pm

GOB wrote:
Why do you ask Monti?

Argyle Talk (the old site) was a good laugh until Newell got hold of it and ruined it. The numbers were small and that meant it stagnated a bit with one or two post every couple of days sometimes, but when it got hot it was hot!

A forum is only as good as its users and the users on here are a great bunch and even the ones that we don't see eye to eye with, so I'm not sure there's a comparison really, they're just different forums with different and more characters. I think ATD is evolving with the humor and the self ridicule is starting to shine through and Christ knows, you need that if you're an Argyle fan. Then there's our Exeter "friends" that add to the flavor and even a Torquay fan. The way it seems to be going I think I have to say I prefer ATD, it's the oldies from the old site as well as many new faces, that has to be good.

Just trying to think who the regulars were on the old AT.Gob,Tringy,Rickler,Mock,Freathy,Pepsi,Punchy,Seadog,Sneinton,Phenom and myself were among those who made the transition,we seemed to lose Wiltshire Green,McLondonG and Prodigal Green.Of course IJN,Cobi and Ponty posted under various UN's,including Sandman and Napoleon.I think GibGreen used to post as well come to think of it.There's probably one or two i've missed but as you say GOB,the rate of posting was pretty slow on the old site,although the exchanges could get heated,especially when IJN was a regular.They could also be amusing and hadn't descended to the levels of vitriol seen in recent times.The site has come on in leaps and bounds though and is much preferable to the old one IMHO,enjoyable though it was.One thing which is essential to the site in future is that it retains its independent flavour,wouldn't like it to be a clone of any other site.

BTW,whatever happened to Nape?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Chemical Ali[ who was he on the old AT?] and of course Angry [Phenom]. He seems to have disappeared again. Funny that. He used to try to stop me even mentioning the farm when he was a mod.
I reckon he's a spy. Suspect a double agent Suspect
Back to top Go down

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:19 pm

You're right GS, it would be nice if ATD could resist the temptation to align itself to anything, whether it's the club, the Trust the GTs or any other organisation, it should always remain totally independent. Although I see no harm in allowing non profit making and charitable organisations from promoting themselves providing they are prepared to accept the consequence of a free voice and a free opinion.

Monti, I much prefer to see a few more peoples opinions then what was a dozen or so of us, it's far better but I'll be honest, I wasn't so sure at first. The night that Newell came out with his outburst it was a little unnerving to watch the figures go up as though someone had pressed the start button on some sort of time clock, I wasn't sure we could handle the consequence of so many users as well as the attacks that we knew would come and had already discussed a few implications. The mods on here handled it without a problem, they co-opted a couple more of us and then it was a doddle to sort to be honest. The attacks are ongoing but dramatically slowing in number, it seems the penny has finally dropped that the damage they thought they were doing has only caused the site to grow stronger.

It'll be interesting to see how things evolve and discussions are ongoing regarding changes to the site as well as the knowledge to carry out those changes that will I believe make this an even stronger, more free and independent voice for fans.
Back to top Go down

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Chemical Ali is on ATD Tring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oh what a night! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what a night!   Oh what a night! Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh what a night!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next