Tgwu
SirCumfrance
Czarcasm
Freathy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:47 pm

You need to bear in mind this is the English league 2 not the Champions League we are playing in when making comparisons. I thought Argyle did well today against one of the better sides I've seen at Home Park in recent times. They played some decent stuff as did Gillingham and at no time did we look second best apart from the same old defending.

Nelson's goal was not a scramble it was actually well taken by him. The Argyle second was also worth seeing and a bit of a cracking move and finish. Their goals were the scrappy ones and the first had more than a bit of luck about it although that's what happens when you are on top and down the other end respectively. Irrespective of Freathy's opinion, one which he didn't presumably witness, Argyle did well today and it seems like a couple of points dropped rather than one gained. People, including me if I'm honest, expected a spanking today and what I got was a good 50/50 game by both sides and for once something worth watching.

Fletcher still needs to go though whatever the outcome of today. He does not inspire the players to any sort of confidence and the sight of Blanchard warming up for the last 15 minutes was not what I wanted to see. This said defend defend defend and not go for another goal. The players looked nervous towards the end and sure enough conceeded. This attitude is down to the manager and his inability to inspire confidence in them. I fear performances like today will only prolong the agony though.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:51 pm

While the performances aren't top of the league stuff, the attendances are.

Argyle had the top attendance in the Division today, and only three teams in the division above got any more.

Am I the only one mystified as to why one of the best supported clubs in the bottom two divisions, run by a widely acknowledge astute businessman, is allegedly losing money and needs to lay off staff?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:11 pm

No you aren't the only one Grovehill and it all just seems to be smoke and mirrors to me. There is absolutely no way on this earth we should be stuggling financially when compared to other clubs with half the attendance. Just more of the Brent bullshit in my book.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:18 pm

In fairness... Brent told everyone shortly after he bought the club, that the club would run at a small loss this season. Next season I believe we are meant to be' self sufficiant'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:11 am

It is bleddy infuriating that we get dumped out of the cup then we score two goals against top of the table opposition and grab a point? What is that all about?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:17 am

for twenty minutes in the second half we actually looked like a football team ! i thought id gone into a time warp.
still not seen us win at home since 2007 !
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:24 am

The club needs investment or it will die. 'Self sufficiency' is condeming the club to death. Brent is happy with this and therefore MUST be driven from the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:34 am

It wasn't bad and I wore my silly green hat just for you Freathy. The pasty was OK and I had a kit-kat chunky in the second half. The bloke who usually shouts abuse at the lino didn't even open his mouth yesterday - that was a bit of a shame. It was OK. I thought Gillingham weren't bad but we were OK. Young scored quite a good goal and Paris Cowan-Hall played well - he's got a bit of an attitude. On reflection, we should have won but we didn't.

We've got Fleetwood next.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:59 am

Argyle should have won,but did not. They simply have problems holding onto the lead.

It was much better than Wednesday night,but fair play to Gillingham for making a game of it. Terrible away following [numbers wise] for them seeing as they are top of the league,but they were very vocal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Better late than never Gillingham match thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3