+2
Charlie Wood
Dougie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Off home tomorrow to take in the FanFest (crosses oneself) and the match.

Very interested to see what the best team in the League looks like. And they have been top more or less all season. Over the years when we've been in the doldrums I've watched teams and been seriously envious of them but only in relation to how far we were off the them. Notably the Brighton team that won promotion at Home Park a goodly number of years ago.

Should be able to see far we are off of being promotion contenders in terms of number of players needed, fitness, tactics etc. Having said that it would be like Argyle to put on their best display of the last couple of years.

Beforehand I'm looking forward to Fanfesters diddling up next to me and in conspiratorial tones whispering into my ears passwords, salacious gossip, rude jokes, mobile phone numbers, Nikkkkkk's bank account number and shoe size and being handed in a brown envelope IjNs holiday snaps from 1983, a list of those being made redundant for under performing, a copy of Carl Fletcher (slim) little black book of football tactics, the most up to date Argyle accounts and James Brent's actual porcelain pension pot.

Last edited by Dougie on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gillingham words. Perhaps its easy when you are top of the league but you got to like Allen's thoughts.

Quote :
There are three more points available and that’s how we view it, nothing else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:17 pm

Dougie - can we make you official ATD fanfest joke monitoring representative?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Dougie wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gillingham words. Perhaps its easy when you are top of the league but you got to like Allen's thoughts.

Quote :
There are three more points available and that’s how we view it, nothing else.

Good picture of the Argyle fan in that review.
If one can imagine an image of an Aviva fanfest dwelling doughball then this would it!!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:46 am

Enjoy yourself Dougie, if that's still possible at HP. I look forward to your match report being as objective as ever and not infected by too much avivaness, although I really don't think it's contagious.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:27 am

I reckon we'll do alright today. The FL wont care we name a strong team, we can always claim we cheated later if all fails

The #pafc starters v Gills: Jake; Reg, Ollie, Ro, Durrell (where's my pet name cnuts), Max, Nelse, Pursey, Richy, Baz, ATDs Willo, Scotty, Macca, Wotts (& his carer), Conor (please don't send me a feather) Youngy, Fletch, Jamie L, Andy G; Feeno, So Madjo, Fireman, Chadders & Nancy

I think Gills will sneak it
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:02 am

Just leaving a wet and windy South East. Weather a bit nasty really. Hope it's better at home and the pitch is OK.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:53 am

I have just leaped from my bed and looked out of the window. There's s slight rainbow over Leigham way and traffic on the roads. I just saw a Magpie.

I am now considering...a) do we go for a walk on the moor and then go to the cinema tonight or, b) have a fried breakfast and prepare for a disappointing afternoon and spend so much cash that we can forget about going to the cinema?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:01 am

BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:40 am

I am hoping for a complacent Gillingham coming down here, it's our only chance, fingers crossed but I can only see a defeat here and if they score early a proper demolition of us.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:54 am

Why do so few, ever see the bigger picture ?

Win, draw or probably lose today, is an irrelevance . Fletcher is hopeless. Brent doesn't want to invest. He is surrounding himself with self promoting, devious janners and will probably 'walk', leaving the club to slide into oblivion under their web of deceit.

Only masochists, Avivas or wannabes, would waste their time and money on Argyle these days.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:53 am

I'm not going to make the same mistake I made on wednesday, so I'm going to ensure that I'm properly shit-faced drunk before falling through the turnstile at 2.59... drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:31 pm

In honour of your Aviva-ness, I have changed my Avatar!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread   Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Forgive Me For I Have Sinned - Gillingham Fan Fest and Match Thread
Page 1 of 1