Tgwu
SirCumfrance
Czarcasm
Freathy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:01 pm

How much would you have won this season if every time we score you bet a tenner on the oppo scoring next? A. Feckin millions.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:02 pm

The next noise I want to hear out of the non-investing hotel building banker t**t is that clueless has been sacked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Much better performance. Glad of a point against Gillingham.

Still want Fletcher gone, and Warnock might be available again soon, Leeds 1-6 down at home lol!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Did any body hear Brent on radio Devon before the kick off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Bitter sweet result for me. I'm chuffed we got a point against the Div 2 high-flyers, but on the flip-side, I was hopeing for a drubbing only to aid Mr.Fletchers demise.

Can't have it all I suppose. pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Tgwu wrote:

No what did he have to say?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

No what did he have to say?
He said jock, "carl is saving me a fortune in win bonuses with the money i'm saving i'm going to add another ten rooms to my hotel" geek
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Sorry for the delay watching the cheeky girls

He was asked what he told Fletcher at the start of the season.

In reverse order

1 bring on the youth

2 Play good football

3 get success with out buying it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Strange game. If that's top of the league, they won't stay there long. When we went 1-0 up ( a goalmouth scramble poked in by Nelson, at least that's what it looked like from my lofty vantage point 100 yards away in the Family enclosure) I would have put money on Gillingham equalising quickly. I wish I had.

Young's goal was an absolute beauty - some really quick, incisive passing and moving and a superb finish. At that point we were looking good for the win - Gillingham were second best all over the park and couldn't get any sort of grip on the game. The trouble is, Argyle always seem to manufacture a way of throwing away a lead, and duly did so. Again, the Gills equaliser was at the other end from where I sit so I'll rely on others who had a better view for their opinion. Was the draw a fair result? My guess is that Martin Allen will say so. I thought we were just about the better side, but as long as we defend like the English at Bannockburn, no oppostion team should ever give up hope of getting some sort of result.

We had chances to bury the game - after we went 2-1 up, we had a corner which I expected us to attack and try for a third goal. Instead I saw PCH and Young in the box with Purse on the halfway line, alongside Nelson. Too f***ing negative by half, and as long as Fletcher isn't prepared to really try and kill a game off when we're in the ascendancy, we'll see more results like this.

Make no mistake, we should have won. And if we had, my complaint would have been that, yet again we've taken two steps back and one step forward. I think that's going to be the story of Fletcher's reign as manager - bad results and performances partially compensated for with reasonable performances. And that's nowhere near good enough - I want to see consistency and at the very least the return of Fortress Home Park. It's more of a bouncy castle than a Fortress right now.

Gilmartin didn't have much to do, but had a decent game. Berry and Bhasera were a class apart at full-back. Purse was robbed by quicker players (which these days is virtually all of them) and it's only good covering that saved us. Nelson had a decent game and weighed in with a goal.

In midfield, Young shone for me, and it'd worth staying up to see the FL Show tonight, just to see his goal - a beauty. Lowry was better today, much more like the player we've been told he is. PCH worried the Gillingham defence all game. Hourihane was quiet

Up front, Griffiths was largely anonymous, Feeney grafted hard and had a decent game, but he's never going to be a goalscoring centre forward, not as long as my arse points south.

Chadwick made a difference when he came on - he was pivotal to Young's goal.

Overall a decent performance, albeit against a team that weren't terribly good themselves. We should have won, but a failure to kill the game off cost us - again.

Better than Wednesday, but then again, spending saturday afternoon inserting red hot fishing hooks up my jap's eye would have been better than watching wednesday's performance again. No consistency, no guile, and no ruthlessness. Gillingham were there for the taking. We failed to win because we failed to gamble when well on top.

Last edited by Andy_Symons on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Can't really say it was a bad performance by any means-Gillingham didn't really trouble Gilmartin that much and Argyle probably merited a win overall.But good performances are useless without the professionalism to keep a few clean sheets-leaking 2 goals per game simply isn't good enough at pro football level [or any other decent level,come to think of it].It has to be said that their first goal was a real jammy barstewards affair-a miscued shot that fell perfectly for the scorer but no excuse for the second-high ball to the back post,header across goal,bang,a carbon copy of one or two other ones conceded this season.5 points thrown away this week through the inability to get the basics correct and alarm bells will start to ring soon if other teams at the bottom start to pick up.Good performance from Luke Young today,his best for a week or two and enhanced by a cracking strike,thought Lowry was quite steady and Bhas his usual self.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Tgwu wrote:

In reverse order

1 bring on the youth

2 Play good football

Are you sure it was Brent and not Jimmy Savile being interviewed?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

In reverse order

1 bring on the youth

2 Play good football

Are you sure it was Brent and not Jimmy Savile being interviewed?

number 3 confirm he has no plans too put any money into the club. ( I only heard him because I had to go home and retrieve my ticket)

MORE ABOUT IT ON THE FARM

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Tgwu on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:36 pm

great day at the match cnuts,,,theres a team in there somewhere,, Very Happy periods where we looked very very good,slowly slowly,(oh you dont do slowly sorry i forgot Razz ),,,,,why oh why arnt we man united,,,,,,freathy tring punchy,,,its coming togeather boys,,,,,,i know thats hard to hear,but it is,,,,,BRENT IN,,FLETCH IN,,WEBBY IN,,
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:42 pm

tcm wrote:
great day at the match cnuts,,,theres a team in there somewhere,, Very Happy periods where we looked very very good,slowly slowly,(oh you dont do slowly sorry i forgot Razz ),,,,,why oh why arnt we man united,,,,,,freathy tring punchy,,,its coming togeather boys,,,,,,i know thats hard to hear,but it is,,,,,BRENT IN,,FLETCH IN,,WEBBY IN,,

Tis indeed slow.One point from four games and FA cup exit to a non league team.Very slow indeed.Just like our defenders thinking when trying to defend high balls into the box,it could be said.Or were you too pissed to notice? drunken jocolor
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:59 pm

2 each againt the league leaders you retard Very Happy very very drunk,,,,sue me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:04 pm

You have the team you fully deserve
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:10 pm

how the fook would you know freathy Very Happy ,,,,,,,how did you come to that conclusion?,,,,sparksy?,,the football results? enlighten me lol!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
but as long as we defend like the English at Bannockburn.
queen
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:12 pm

tcm wrote:
the football results
I reckon that.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:22 pm

tcm wrote:
how the fook would you know freathy Very Happy ,,,,,,,how did you come to that conclusion?,,,,sparksy?,,the football results? enlighten me lol!

Maybe the league table? Not to mention our absence from the second round FA cup draw.Anyway,you have a few more drinkies,always makes the world seem a better place.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:25 pm

tcm wrote:
2 each againt the league leaders you retard Very Happy very very drunk,,,,sue me Very Happy

Yes,i guess a draw against Gillingham should be lauded,one of the giants of the game.

Wouldn't dream of suing you,old sport.As someone said the other day with reference to the highlighted bit,irony can be a delight at times.

Don't panic Mr Totnes,don't panic. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Good to hear the minutes silence was impeccably observed, there's usually a few fucktards who think it's funny to shout out.

I know it may have seemed like a great idea with the poppy display by Forza Verde, but if it looks half-assed then it really does cheapen it.

I see from Motherwell Green how the poppy display looked at Ibrox, and yes I know there's about 45,000 more people there, but this is what a display should look like:

Click on the photo to enlarge it.

Then we have this :

Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:43 pm

I was sitting in the Devonport and so didn't see the poppy display. Good effort though. The silence was so well supported that the only sound heard was the traffic on Outland Road. For me, the one downside was the music playing while the band was still on the pitch - if music was going to be played over the tannoy, pity they couldn't have chosen something a bit more in keeping with the occasion. The actual band were brilliant and I for one would love to see them returning for another display.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Good to hear the minutes silence was impeccably observed, there's usually a few fucktards who think it's funny to shout out.

I know it may have seemed like a great idea with the poppy display by Forza Verde, but if it looks half-assed then it really does cheapen it.

I see from Motherwell Green how the poppy display looked at Ibrox, and yes I know there's about 45,000 more people there, but this is what a display should look like:

Click on the photo to enlarge it.

Then we have this :

I agree....if its got to be done then only do it if it will look a spectacle (See the Rangers Photo) the minute silence was immaculately observed and to be fair the nerds in the demport holding up the cards that was supposed to resemble a poppy just didn't add value to the moment imho.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Was the Minute's Silence immediately after the team was announced?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better late than never Gillingham match thread   Better late than never Gillingham match thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Better late than never Gillingham match thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next