SwimWithTheTide
Cornish Chris
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Gillingham match thread Empty
PostSubject: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 8:58 am

Going up to buy my tickets this morning (Grandson has been ban )

Gillingham has been allotted 200 tickets for this game.

After heavy rain this morning tomorrow will be a fine day

Attendance: 3.500
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:12 am

I'd forgotten all about that. I think I'll give this one a miss - save my pennies for Pompey and Carlisle.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 11:43 am

Hoping the weather clears up by tomorrow as I'm spending the afternoon in Plymouth and then heading to the game in the evening. I quite like these types of cup games, last season against Orient was an exciting affair.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few different players play, like Harvey, Tanner, Purrington, etc. But I'd also like us to take it seriously. So a strong starting 11 I hope.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 12:14 pm

Tanner & Purrington got reasonable playing time Saturday....but I agree a strong starting line up on Tuesday please.......so that they are ready for Portsmouth who did well on Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 1:24 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Hoping the weather clears up by tomorrow as I'm spending the afternoon in Plymouth and then heading to the game in the evening. I quite like these types of cup games, last season against Orient was an exciting affair.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few different players play, like Harvey, Tanner, Purrington, etc. But I'd also like us to take it seriously. So a strong starting 11 I hope.
Last years encounter with Orient was an exciting game indeed.
I just hope we start brightly tomorrow and not like on Saturday or I think it could be a tough old evening.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 1:43 pm

And let's hope Gillingham don't play like they did on Saturday. If they can beat Sheffield United 4-0 they probably won't struggle against little ol' Argo.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 8:05 pm

RADIO KENT AND GILLS FAIL TO REACH AGREEMENT

Breaking news today with an announcement from BBC Radio Kent commentator Matt Cole during Friday evening’s Dominic King Radio Show explaining why Radio Kent will no longer be providing a live commentary service at Gills matches this season.

Matt Cole explained, “It’s disappointing for us and football fans in Kent that we’ve been unable to reach a new commentary deal with Gillingham Football Club. We have enjoyed working with the Club for more than a decade and thank them for their support.”

He continued, “We will still be bringing you the build-up and regular updates on match days during the Sportshub. We will also be there at Tuesday’s game in the League Cup (versus Plymouth Argyle) with reports, rather than commentary, at this stage.”

There was no further information regarding if there were on-going talks with the Football Club to resolve the difficulties betwen the two organisations
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 8:10 pm

I'm firmly in the play your best side camp in both this and the JPT.

Frankly Argyle are in overdraft mode if you measure who has contributed most in our relationship and therefore the least they can do is give me a few good evenings out. A couple of wins in this competition and you can be off to Old Trafford, Anfield etc.

We play 46 games against turgid opposition and tend to get knocked out of the cups early. We do not need to rest players.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 8:19 pm

Tickets were selling well for this game 5 tickets windows were open this afternoon
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 8:22 pm

I would definitely play a strong team in the League Cup but for the paint pot I'd send the youth.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 8:40 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:

Frankly Argyle are in overdraft mode if you measure who has contributed most in our relationship and therefore the least they can do is give me a few good evenings out. A couple of wins in this competition and you can be off to Old Trafford, Anfield etc.

We play 46 games against turgid opposition and tend to get knocked out of the cups early. We do not need to rest players.

The counter argument is that you could also be drawn away to Charlton and lose 6-0 while knackering out half your players. I agree with you, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:17 pm

Interesting that Radio Kent are also scaling back their Gillingham commentaries. There are a lot of undercurrents at the moment at the BBC, due to this present government being at odds with the corporation, and maybe the football commentary reining in is part of that.
To be honest, the way this country's private companies dominate with their charming profit at all costs culture, I am surprised "free at the point of delivery" BBC commentaries" have lasted so long, given that all clubs run their own media player and commentary in direct competition. Why give it free when fans can be made to cough up more.

As sport after sport leaves the freeview terrestial media and hops off to sky/internet/PPV, most end up ghettoising themselves with the wrinkly set. I don't know any youngster who is remotely interested in test cricket. The Sky thing must have had a big effect. I certainly don't watch test cricket anymore.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 2:01 pm

John Hawkins wrote:
As sport after sport leaves the freeview terrestial media and hops off to sky/internet/PPV, most end up ghettoising themselves with the wrinkly set. I don't know any youngster who is remotely interested in test cricket. The Sky thing must have had a big effect. I certainly don't watch test cricket anymore.

The most frustrating thing about losing Test cricket to Murdoch is that it came immediately after the incredible 2005 Ashes. I heard Graeme Swann say on TMS that 13 million people watched the 2005 Ashes live, and less than 1 million watched the 2009 series.

Now the only way to watch live Test cricket is to pay £90 for a ticket, £40+ a month for a Sky subscription or one of those one-off packages from Now TV. It's not conducive to building an audience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 3:00 pm

If only the BBC would spend its mandatory tv licence money on valuable services rather than continuously wasting it on huge salaries and managerial positions it might not have to keep making these drastic cuts. Its sad that fans around the country will dip out on listening to their teams games on the local radio yet the station boss will still get their yearly bonus cutbacks or not.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 3:19 pm

Be listerning on Radio Devon first app of the season not till pompey..brent phinick normally does the com..with another twat proberly..the great pusshay magnet..that is the great O bearded one...Comrades
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 5:59 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:

Now the only way to watch live Test cricket is to pay £90 for a ticket, £40+ a month for a Sky subscription or one of those one-off packages from Now TV. It's not conducive to building an audience.

On my infrequent visits back to the UK I find the NOW TV streaming service (from Sky) quite a useful tool as long as you master cancelling any automatically recurring charges.

I still chuckle at the increasing desperate (and valuable) efforts Sky made when I cancelled my full TV subscription. They still couldn't understand why I didn't want the full package for sixpence a month when I would be several thousand miles away from my television for most of the year.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 6:20 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I would definitely play a strong team in the League Cup but for the paint pot I'd send the youth.
That'll do me.
One of the Premier top knobs in this trophy is worth some dosh - and we need dosh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Strong team for no other reason than momentum is everything, this team has hardly played together, they hardly need resting after one game, go for the jugular.
Pie face, pie face give us a song!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 6:51 pm

Did I read somewhere that Sparsky have been taken off the football for few months after this weekend game
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 7:21 pm

He's not on tonight foreshore.

Good strong team, come on Argyle! Need another midweek game away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 7:37 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

The counter argument is that you could also be drawn away to Charlton and lose 6-0 while knackering out half your players. I agree with you, though.

I'd give my right ball for a night out away at Charlton.

Come on Argo
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 7:38 pm

is there an option to listen to the match without having to listen to some loud mouth z list lard arse ?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 7:45 pm

Doing my head in already someone shove a pie in his mouth..jeez
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Don't listen to it. The only sure way to get rid of what you don't want in your life is to BAN IT in your household.
Listening to Sparks, or whoever, isn't like registering to vote, it's actually voting.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 8:21 pm

Same starting line up as Wimbledon but Jervis off injured after 11 minutes. Tanner has come on and is looking lively.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gillingham match thread   Gillingham match thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Gillingham match thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next