seadog
Greenskin
Freathy
Rickler
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:04 pm

Indeed!

Looks like another season of attending the occasional away match for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:16 pm

So the Irish (Heaney?) have provided Ridsdale with money to buy the club,but Ridsdale doesn't own the club the Irish do....? Can someone please explain in layman's terms WTF is actually going on here?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:29 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
So the Irish (Heaney?) have provided Ridsdale with money to buy the club,but Ridsdale doesn't own the club the Irish do....? Can someone please explain in layman's terms WTF is actually going on here?

Smoke n Mirrors Punchie.
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Ridsdale has told supporters club members that he will only run the Club on the basis that none of the old Board are involved.

I believe him, he used Stapleton for his own ends and then ditched him, he's too shrewd to be taken in by any of them lot.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 19)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:31 pm

He must surely also realise that what is left of the fanbase, won't have them back. So what is this Argyle 2011 thingy where Heaney & Stapes are involved ?
Punchie............ think this Heaney fella is the Truro FC owner, who was once touted as a potential owner of Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Tringreen wrote:
He must surely also realise that what is left of the fanbase, won't have them back. So what is this Argyle 2011 thingy where Heaney & Stapes are involved ?
Punchie............ think this Heaney fella is the Truro FC owner, who was once touted as a potential owner of Argyle.
I think that was set up when he was touting for the Club, I'm not worried about it to be honest.

I'm more worried about the preferred bidder having enough money, I expect Brent or Buttivant to eventually own the Club.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 19)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Ponty wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I think that was set up when he was touting for the Club, I'm not worried about it to be honest.

I'm more worried about the preferred bidder having enough money, I expect Brent or Buttivant to eventually own the Club.

Hello Ponty

Why Brent or Buttivant? Because the Irish bid falls through or because they will look to sell the club quickly to make a quick buck?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:30 pm

It seems that nobody mentioned is interested in the potential of the club. Hope I'm wrong but right now it seems a poor selling job has been done. It would appear to be all about property development and what The Riddler and BG can make out of the deal.
Still, we don't know the full story yet but it wqill become obvious one day.
It ain't looking good imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 8:08 pm

If we're really unlucky, these new guys are only interested in getting the Mastpoint debts transferred to the new club before it's too late. They might not have any plans at all for anything. They certainly are not putting one penny into the football club.
The Council deputy planning chief again stated today they had not received any letters of intent from these supposed new boys.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:16 pm

The above two posts sum it up,really.No mention of any plans for the football side of the club,just a vague statement that Ridsdale is in charge of it.I think that the administrator has got away to an extraordinary degree with his statement about the preferred buyers being "genuine football people",when according to Ridders at the Senior greens meeting today,they are anything but.I honestly haven't a clue as to this is going to work out in the end but i'm afraid all trust that used to be placed by myself in the club leadership has long since disappeared.The day that the wretched freehold was purchased was the beginning of the rot setting in-the spivs gathered within and will take some shifting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:23 pm

Everybody is summing up pretty much how I feel about it all as well.

I think the best we can hope for is to simply just exist. I can see the club being kicked out of Home Park and a new leisure complex built with hotel, spa and a sports shop.

I see that Stapes is having the outside of his offices painted, he must be making a few bob!
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:43 pm

The Irish don't have the money to complete the job, take it or leave it guys but I have heard this from several well respected people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:47 pm

I hope you're just on a wind up Ponty!

FFS, I thought this lot were mega rich sugar daddies!
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:59 pm

GOB wrote:
I hope you're just on a wind up Ponty!

FFS, I thought this lot were mega rich sugar daddies!

No mate, wouldn't post that as a wind up.

Won't be posting anymore because of the constant abuse, shame, could have been a good chat forum but you guys need to get Pasoti/Pasoti posters out of your heads.

You'll never grow if you don't interact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:35 pm

Fair enough Ponty there's freedom of choice here but remember, you're welcome back any time, the door is always open for anyone, on this site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:56 pm

Optimistic but cautious about it.
The board need our support though if things are to have a chance of working out well.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:31 am

Ponty wrote:
The Irish don't have the money to complete the job, take it or leave it guys but I have heard this from several well respected people.

Classic Ponty...

What 'respected' people?

Nobody even knows who the buyers are, never mind if they have enough money or not! And that include you!

Brenda seems to think they have the money - he seems happy with his 'proof of funding'.

Let's have the names of these investors if your 'respected' friends know so much - they must know who they are, to know how much money they have?

And, define "complete the job"?

Somehow... I don't think you will be coming through with any of that info.

Last edited by Rickler on Fri May 27, 2011 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:46 am

Proof of the pudding will be when we see who or what has been signed to replace all the players released.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:55 am

Pepsi,

I think Ponty is (and if not, at least several others are) suggesting we won't get as far as buying any new players.

The club through lack of funding will have been folded by then - or will be placed in ICU on life support, as Brent is brought back in, and we suffer 25 point deductions and relegation to part time status etc.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:33 am

Ponty wrote:

And so the plot thickens, PAFC 2011?......Sounds like one of those dodgy companies that were set up by Keith Turd and co
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:11 am

4evaArgyle wrote:
Optimistic but cautious about it.
The board need our support though if things are to have a chance of working out well.

Welcome aboard ATD mate. 'The board', whomsoever they turn out to be, will need to carry with them more than the ever faithful/trusting few. The whole city/region and many sceptical longtime supporters need to be convinced they are here for the right reasons. We've been down the other route before.................... many times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:58 pm

I also believe something smells of 'Irish blarney' here. Maybe, all that matters to these people is the entering into the ledger of the new club the debts owed to the former owners and their cronies. They will then have lost virtually nothing and can sit with the debt for years waiting for something to happen .... better than losing it all under a Brent buy out. The club could be in for a period of stasis and rust as it's primary objective becomes a holding pen for mothballed debts.

And while all the emphasis is on PCC and planning permission, I have always thought that some of the trumpeted ideas enetrtained in the park have never been a profitable goer when a developer seriously looks at the figures and projected returns. It costs MONEY to build these facilities... a lot of it, and on top of that I'm sure the Council would want assurances that the stadium rebuild isn't allowed to be put back to last. Where would be the return for this money ? ... this is Plymouth, and a city entering into a period of big, big recession. Only cheap bland retailing and wall to wall KFC makes any sort of money in this city... Plymouth just isn't a popular destination ... apart from the Theatre Royal, I travel to Truro, Tavistock or Totnes for entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:09 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
I also believe something smells of 'Irish blarney' here. Maybe, all that matters to these people is the entering into the ledger of the new club the debts owed to the former owners and their cronies. They will then have lost virtually nothing and can sit with the debt for years waiting for something to happen .... better than losing it all under a Brent buy out. The club could be in for a period of stasis and rust as it's primary objective becomes a holding pen for mothballed debts.

And while all the emphasis is on PCC and planning permission, I have always thought that some of the trumpeted ideas enetrtained in the park have never been a profitable goer when a developer seriously looks at the figures and projected returns. It costs MONEY to build these facilities... a lot of it, and on top of that I'm sure the Council would want assurances that the stadium rebuild isn't allowed to be put back to last. Where would be the return for this money ? ... this is Plymouth, and a city entering into a period of big, big recession. Only cheap bland retailing and wall to wall KFC makes any sort of money in this city... Plymouth just isn't a popular destination ... apart from the Theatre Royal, I travel to Truro, Tavistock or Totnes for entertainment.

You mean you're not going to get behind the board whoever they are and whatever they do ? No

Just support and stop moaning....................... nay, thinking ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:12 pm

GOB wrote:
Glad you mention that Cobi, I've just noticed it!

Absolute cracker Ricks! lol!

Many thanks GOB (and Cobi, since you're watching)!

Your Admin avatar is great too.

I got mine from Google images -

L pig L. The irony.. I just typed in "Rickler' and up came the Jannerbanners!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:13 am

Had another look at the club statement. It sounds to me like the 'Irish/Kagami/NWO/Alphamales*' have decided on this Ridsdale nonsense to enable them to string out the real meat of the process as long as they can... maybe another 12 months, as after all, 2012 is the last deadline to actually complete other matters. This allows them to dream up all sorts of games with the City Council.
Also, would this mean they could fend off the need to settle the football creditors for some time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale is buying Argyle   Ridsdale is buying Argyle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ridsdale is buying Argyle
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next