Chemical Ali
tcm
Charlie Wood
Czarcasm
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Forza Verde  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Zoo corner used to chuck it out for 90 minutes as I recollect and our home record for the last five years has meant we haven't been winning a lot,so your "only singing when your winning" doesn't wash with me.However thats all in the past,zoo corner has been closed down now,its forze verde or bust.Not that I'm bothered I'm one of the missing 10000.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:34 pm

You missed my point Oddball or maybe I didn't explain it well. The "only singing" bit I was referring to was the ground as a whole rather than a section. If the team is winning then the noise becomes more widespread. If not then the bit that does the sound affects is mostly ignored rather than unheard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:37 pm

SG...Fair enough,if you're referring to the whole ground,then you are correct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Al you probably remember the Devonport End in the 60s . All standing and even away fans in there as well . What a place that was . This compulsory all seater stadium nonsense has put paid to that . a sad loss .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:02 pm

The standing thing is another point altogether. I hate sitting and watching football in a ground. I hate the fact that I'm more or less forced to and the reasoning behind the sitting rule has largely been thrown out of football grounds now.

The all sitting in a row thing kills a lot of the atmosphere for me. The run up the terrace after a goal and jump up and down is a bit lost. The 5 steps forward to give the lino the benefit of your wisdom and all of that is gone. If somebody gets a bit excited and jumps to their feet now it is often met with a corus of "Sit down" from behind where nobody gave a toss when everyone was already on their feet. I can see absolutely no argument for not bringing back a standing area. I would even pay the same to stand as I have to to sit if they would.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:09 pm

greengenes wrote:
Al you probably remember the Devonport End in the 60s . All standing and even away fans in there as well . What a place that was . This compulsory all seater stadium nonsense has put paid to that . a sad loss .

Just to think - you and I may have stood next to each other in the 60s!

Nowadays I'd like the choice whether to sit or stand. It's the removal of choice I object to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:49 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
I don't actually think that the atmosphere is that poor.Holdsworth and Boothroyd have both commented in their post match interviews how well the Argyle crowd get behind the team-i would agree with them,especially considering the dross that has been served up for a few years now.Like others have said,the best way to generate a good atmos is to put a team on the pitch that looks like it may score a goal or two and have a decent chance of winning matches.Must say i enjoyed the baiting of Boothroyd on Saturday,though.

But again Greenskin, isn't that just the usual football crowd banter and nothing to do with FV? The same goes for the banter with Akinfenwa, just regular fans having a laugh?

Yes it's normal football banter is it a surprise that people who are sitting in this section are able to do it?

Just regualar fans that are part of FV is this not alowed is it just regular fan or FV?

The point is OG, that I don't think regular fans would want to be part of the FV group. Regular fans go with their mates and sit/stand together, have a laugh, cheer the team on, have banter with opposing managers, players and fans, have a few beers before and afterwards and have enough of a sense of humour/intelligence to sing songs that are relevant to the situation.

When things are as bad as they are now, then you have to be able to take the piss out of yourselves too. How could you sing "You're so shit it's unbelievable" to Exeter or Torquay right now?

I don't know, maybe it's me but I think I see a situation and react to it, humorously if possible, but I certainly don't spend time trying to think up witty songs or chants before I go to the game.

For me if Forza Verde was going to work it has to be totally professional and a spectacle. Right now it's nothing like this. You can say it's early days but in my opinion it will never be something visiting fans go home talking about in awe or admiration. That's why I find it a waste of time and effort, but each to their own.

What would really set me off is if the pre-pubescent flag wavers were allowed to pretty much do as they wanted at Home Park and I did a similar thing in the Lyndhurst End and was told to sit down or behave myself. Oh wait that's already happened and I got banned for 3 years but that's not the FV's fault, it's thew fuckin hypocritical way that it has been rolled out and thrust upon people.

Nothing against anyone in FV, I just don't really think much of it and I would rather funds were used towards a decent team who would generate a noisy intimidating Home Park again, and yes I know the FV equipment has been paid for with donations or Nikkk dipping his hands into his pocket again, but again I would rather this money was handed over to James Brent with a note " Buy some decent fuckin players, pay off your debts quickly or Fu ck Off", but that's just me Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:19 pm

knecht wrote:

Nowadays I'd like the choice whether to sit or stand. It's the removal of choice I object to.

The Trust is planning to bring the Safe Standing roadshow to HP in the next couple of months. We have a date pencilled in to be confirmed.

The snag for Argyle is that the new grandstand is coming too soon to fit such dual-purpose seats there, so the only likely avenue at HP is a retrofit in the existing seating areas.

Many clubs have come out in support so far. We should at least get Argyle added to the list, to help the campaign, whether we install it in the near future or not.

Tim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:07 am

Has technology moved on in such a way that standing areas can be safer nowadays ?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:10 am

Yes they will leave the seat frames where they are but remove the bit you park your arse on!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:24 am

safe standing roadshow ? sounds like a waste of time to me.

we are not going to be able to have standing at HP as new stand not built to that specification & 'safe standing' not permitted at FL grounds.

Whether argyle are added to the list is irrelevant its a waste of time, money & effort.

who would be paying for the road show to attend HP ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:10 am

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:

we are not going to be able to have standing at HP as new stand not built to that specification & 'safe standing' not permitted at FL grounds.

Whether argyle are added to the list is irrelevant its a waste of time, money & effort.

If enough clubs and enough fans get behind the campaign, the League may reverse its policy and allow some standing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:00 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Oddball if truth be known the same applied to zoo corner for me regarding the chanting etc. I heard it but it was largely ignored by most of the ground. The chant "You only sing when you're winning" applies to most sets of fans and grounds. People are more tollerant of a singing/chanting section when the football is good or the team is at least winning. I agree with ZYPH that anything canned or forced doesn't cut it for most people. My mood inside the ground is dictated by what I see rather than hear and I suspect that is the same for most people. If you are winning and it's noisy and boisterous on top of that then it is easier to join in the mood.

sensible.......They think that they have invented something new and that it will help to make our very poor home record improve.

So sad that they cannot see the obvious...home records improve on the pitch not in the stands.

I can remember when I was a teenager and Millwall had gone over fifty games at home unbeaten.....was it just their ferocious threatening fans who achieved that record....no it started because they were damn good players at home, but more defensive away.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:39 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Oddball if truth be known the same applied to zoo corner for me regarding the chanting etc. I heard it but it was largely ignored by most of the ground. The chant "You only sing when you're winning" applies to most sets of fans and grounds. People are more tollerant of a singing/chanting section when the football is good or the team is at least winning. I agree with ZYPH that anything canned or forced doesn't cut it for most people. My mood inside the ground is dictated by what I see rather than hear and I suspect that is the same for most people. If you are winning and it's noisy and boisterous on top of that then it is easier to join in the mood.

sensible.......They think that they have invented something new and that it will help to make our very poor home record improve.

So sad that they cannot see the obvious...home records improve on the pitch not in the stands.

I can remember when I was a teenager and Millwall had gone over fifty games at home unbeaten.....was it just their ferocious threatening fans who achieved that record....no it started because they were damn good players at home, but more defensive away.

I was there when it ended! I was only 7 years old, haven't bricked my load as much since though! Bickle and Banks scored for Argyle,there was a crowd invasion at the end,quite a few Argyle players were kicked and punched and directors attacked.Team bus was rendered windowless and lots of gear was pinched,just a typical day at the old Den!.I remember seeing the team carrying John Newman on their shoulders at Plymouth station on return,the result and aftermath made quite an impact even on a national level.Happy days,that was what you call an atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:05 pm

I always remember watching Grandstand that afternoon and they normally had reports from 3 or 4 1st Division matches but that day one was from the Den, not because it was a big match but because they were home to Spurs the following week in the Cup and because of the long unbeaten home record an upset was fully expected. Argo put a spanner in that theory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:19 pm

I was there as well Greenskin.

2-0 up and then they score....no way could we hold out......no time to wear green.

1967 and we had only two away draws all season so far, and it was January I think.

I remember at the end Millwall teenagers looking for anything green to duff up.

This big docker grabbed one of these lads by the throat and told him to forget it ok... we lost so F-off......this kid slinked off very sheepishly having been dropped to the floor.

I tried to look downcast as I walked back to my car down Cold Blow Lane (not a place to meet the opposition) got in the car and drove towards Greenwich and then felt safe enough to let out a hearty roar of YES YES YES you gorgeous greens,.....so so unexpected,one match I would have bet my house on to have been well beaten.

59 home games unbeaten.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 pm

knecht wrote:

If enough clubs and enough fans get behind the campaign, the League may reverse its policy and allow some standing.

Exactly. A number of clubs have already put out statements of support. The current plan is to have five pilot sites for the 2013/14 season. The more support, the better

As I said, it's too late for the new grandstand, but it *may* be possible to retrofit elsewhere. It's about choice.

It costs the Trust nothing to bring the roadshow to Home Park. It will allow any fan to see what it's like. It's already in wide use in other countries, including Germany.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:53 pm

ZYPH wrote:
I was there as well Greenskin.

2-0 up and then they score....no way could we hold out......no time to wear green.

1967 and we had only two away draws all season so far, and it was January I think.

I remember at the end Millwall teenagers looking for anything green to duff up.

This big docker grabbed one of these lads by the throat and told him to forget it ok... we lost so F-off......this kid slinked off very sheepishly having been dropped to the floor.

I tried to look downcast as I walked back to my car down Cold Blow Lane (not a place to meet the opposition) got in the car and drove towards Greenwich and then felt safe enough to let out a hearty roar of YES YES YES you gorgeous greens,.....so so unexpected,one match I would have bet my house on to have been well beaten.

59 home games unbeaten.

I remember Cold Blow Lane-railway bridges,cobbles and dark alleys aplenty.Some other bits and pieces which seem to ring very distant,long ago bells;

Mitten volleying over from about 5 yards in front of a completely open goal

Millwall scoring from a free kick before Argyle could get a wall up

The noise and crescendo chants of MIIILLLLLWWWWWAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL when they were searching for the equaliser

My late father ripping off an Argyle rosette which i was wearing before we left the ground-i was upset at the time but seems a wise move looking back.Actually,i wonder why the old man chose that game in particular to go to-he must have had a feeling something special was going to happen,there would have been much safer ones to go to.Character building,though.
Back to top Go down
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:26 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Forza verde is bollox, it excludes large parts of the ground, and it's not that impressive at all. Simples

You really do talk some shit3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:37 pm

VIP wrote:
Pitbull wrote:
Forza verde is bollox, it excludes large parts of the ground, and it's not that impressive at all. Simples

Are you a VIP because you have an AAA pass and a parking space?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:51 pm

Yea Man wrote:
VIP wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

It's his way with words...so diplomatic.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:54 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
VIP wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

It's his way with words...so diplomatic.

JB must be so proud of him!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Tim Chown wrote:
knecht wrote:

Exactly. A number of clubs have already put out statements of support. The current plan is to have five pilot sites for the 2013/14 season. The more support, the better

As I said, it's too late for the new grandstand, but it *may* be possible to retrofit elsewhere. It's about choice.

It costs the Trust nothing to bring the roadshow to Home Park. It will allow any fan to see what it's like. It's already in wide use in other countries, including Germany.

Tim

Safe standing areas really could happen with enough fan support so I don't understand any opposition to them scratch

Even sensible would rather have room to run up and down the terraces cheering Feeney's hat-trick Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:07 pm

I just dont see standing returning myself. Not with health and Safety laws in this country getting tighter and tighter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 10:48 am

How atmosphere should be at a match.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forza Verde
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next