tcm
Charlie Wood
Czarcasm
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:53 pm

For the first time yesterday I witnessed a Forza Verde chant / song spread around the Lyndhurst more than once . Good work boys .
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Bored GG?
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:02 pm

greengenes wrote:
For the first time yesterday I witnessed a Forza Verde chant / song spread around the Lyndhurst more than once . Good work boys .

I just heard the same song over and over again and silence myself
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:02 pm

If we were playing well and winning in the pre FV days chants would frequently spread around the ground so I don't see any particular credit deriving from the effect of the FV.

Just happened to be the first time since the formation of this group that the team were actually playing well.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Don't think there's many Salsa Verde types on ATD, gg. you might be better off praising them on pasoti - at least they'll see it there. For what it's worth I thought the Akinfenwa chants were good fun, and he took it in the right spirit, but overall it was another lacklustre display; if you need to be told what and when to sing, then you probably shouldn't be in the Demport - and SV were very quiet from where me and my boy sit (Block 1). And George, aged 4 and three quarters, asked a very perceptive question: 'Why are they waving those silly flags, daddy?'

Smart kid, my boy.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Very Happy

I Expect no more .....

God forbid that someone at the Club comes up with an idea that is inclusive of a new generation of Argyle fans . What a waste of feckin time making young fans have a part . I agree with you lot - pointless . Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:12 pm

If the footy is entertaining you wont need a ultra group to create an atmosphere well thats my view anyway.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Renegade wrote:
If the footy is entertaining you wont need a ultra group to create an atmosphere well thats my view anyway.

Absolutely right . Lets all boycott every game . Lets wait until a sugar daddy comes along and waves a magic multi million pond wand and then we can all go back and support our lovely jubbly successful new team .

great idea . I personally can't wait ( but probably will have too ) . lets just hope enough idiots turn up and keep enough money going through the coffers until that time comes .
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:19 pm

greengenes wrote:
Very Happy

I Expect no more .....

God forbid that someone at the Club comes up with an idea that is inclusive of a new generation of Argyle fans . What a waste of feckin time making young fans have a part . I agree with you lot - pointless . Rolling Eyes

gg - you've been going to Home Park for long enough to remember when the Devonport End didn't need hymn books and flags to make a racket - it just came naturally. The criticisms of Salsa Verde are fully justified, particularly the way that group has ridden roughshod over many long-standing Block 3 & 4 seson ticket holders who haven't been able to take their seats and have been forced to move out as a result. The singing's nothing special, and when I had a ST at the back of block 3, I didn't need a sodding committee to tell me what to sing.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:20 pm

greengenes wrote:
Renegade wrote:

Absolutely right . Lets all boycott every game . Lets wait until a sugar daddy comes along and waves a magic multi million pond wand and then we can all go back and support our lovely jubbly successful new team .

great idea . I personally can't wait ( but probably will have too ) . lets just hope enough idiots turn up and keep enough money going through the coffers until that time comes .

why do you think it will take a sugar daddy to make a team play well? the squad we have now is capable of producing better performances like yesterday.

your sarcasm has failed you
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:24 pm

I first walked onto the Devonport End in the early 60s . Those days are gone . I'm an old fart but I know a new approach is needed . Have a stroll around Plmouth City centre and see all the young kids wearing Premiershit shirts . The only way we will get them back is to make them feel special .
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Renegade wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Renegade wrote:

why do you think it will take a sugar daddy to make a team play well? the squad we have now is capable of producing better performances like yesterday.

your sarcasm has failed you

I think he's just had a drink and is fishing for a reaction, hence this, and the attempted goading of Tring and Freathy on the other thread he started simultaneously - which some have taken seriously.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Were the Akinfenwa chants from the FV or was it just the old school football fan humour coming out again?

I still maintain the ONLY way to consintently create a decent atmosphere is to be playing well or winning. Plenty of clubs have drums to help out but we seem to have gone one step further and I'm not convinced yet that it makes much difference.

I did ask a couple of mates who still go regularly what the FV are like and they didn't even know it existed and still sit in The Lyndhurst End and sing themselves. Not as much as previously because no-one really joins in, but they did say they would try going to the Demport next game and see what it was like.

One did say the Jim wossiname orchestrated song looks good from afar but isn't really loud enough, and that it was pinched from some other club, I think they said Stevenage.

Lets face it though, if we were still in the CCC and holding our own against Wolves or Leeds in front of 17-18,000, the atmosphere is bound to be better than a game with a 6k crowd against Northampton.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:27 pm

greengenes wrote:
I first walked onto the Devonport End in the early 60s . Those days are gone . I'm an old fart but I know a new approach is needed . Have a stroll around Plmouth City centre and see all the young kids wearing Premiershit shirts . The only way we will get them back is to make them feel special .

The way to get young kids interested in watching Argyle is to put a winning team on the pitch.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
greengenes wrote:

The way to get young kids interested in watching Argyle is to put a winning team on the pitch.

History proves otherwise Andy (imho ) . We've lost a generation . I think you and I could get on chatting over a pint >
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:37 pm

its a bit like when i was kidd with the old man screaming at the telly about those long haired barstewards with there crazy music,,,,,fecking beatles get em in the army,,dont get old before your time you lot,there were a lot of flags in the devonport when i was a kidd,along with mullet hair cuts,doc martins,high waist band flairs,scarfs tied round wrists,cockneys punching you in the face,the tiny bloke that stood on the crash bars leading the chanting,a trumpet,and puddles of piss,
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:37 pm

greengenes wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
greengenes wrote:

History proves otherwise Andy (imho ) . We've lost a generation . I think you and I could get on chatting over a pint >

I get on with most people, gg - especially if they're buying the beers.

I disagree with you about the lost generation, or at least the reasons for it. The one period in recent times when I saw more Argyle shirts being worn around town was during Luggy's first spell - the double championship years. After that it went a bit flat and the steady decline of the club and the team has seen interest in Argyle from all age groups - not just youngsters = on the wane. Kids want something to boast about on monday mornings in school - and actually being at a live match where your local team ran out 3-0 winners beats the hell out of saying they saw whichever Prem team on Sky.

The club, through its Football in the Community project, needs to do a hell of a lot of work to get young supporters through the turnstiles , and it's probably the parents that need educating more than the kids, because, as I've found with my lad already,once you get them to a game they love it - even more so if they see a win.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:41 pm

Like your mates Jock I don't think orchestrated singing does much to improve the atmosphere in the ground. But I can't see it does much in the way of harm either. If some young people get off on feeling part of the songsters and it makes their matchday then why not is what I would ask. The singing bit doesn't spread to anywhere else in the ground apart from the odd smattering of people who join in occasionally. I find I largely ignore it and it neither offends me nor makes me thrilled at being there. If we had a consistently winning side and were going for something then the atmosphere would improve on it's own. I do wonder sometimes if it is the organised chanting/singing that offends some or the organiser of it's creation. Either way it isn't much to get excited about.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:02 pm

SG unless of course you were a season ticket holder in blocks 3 and 4 when you might be pissed off completely.The singing bit did,once upon a time, spread to other areas of the ground.Zoo corner was most vociferous and they didn't need silly songsheets,waving flags,committees,conductors or the like to get an atmosphere going.It was natural.Now everything appears to be the opposite,everything seems forced.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Like your mates Jock I don't think orchestrated singing does much to improve the atmosphere in the ground. But I can't see it does much in the way of harm either. If some young people get off on feeling part of the songsters and it makes their matchday then why not is what I would ask. The singing bit doesn't spread to anywhere else in the ground apart from the odd smattering of people who join in occasionally. I find I largely ignore it and it neither offends me nor makes me thrilled at being there. If we had a consistently winning side and were going for something then the atmosphere would improve on it's own. I do wonder sometimes if it is the organised chanting/singing that offends some or the organiser of it's creation. Either way it isn't much to get excited about.

I guess you're right, with the possible exception of the people who used to frequent Block 3 who had not much choice in it being set-up and them having to put up with it or move. If we keep winning 3-2 at home and drawing away I'm sure it will go from strength to strength and more will join in.
Back to top Go down

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:16 pm

I don't sit in and haven't sat in those blocks so I did say I can't see any harm. From where I sit I can't but if those that were forced out or feel they were have a beef then that's up to them.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Looking at the pictures, they appear to be mainly kids.

The Akinfenwa chants were audible and funny, but the singing was patchy at best. The only other chant I heard was the la -la -la -la -la -la. I thought some of the atmosphere's generated last season (by FV) were good. They don't seem to be able to match that this season.

As an aside, have the club invested money in FV as they must need funds for T-shirts, sponsoring Wotton, Mural designs etc? Or has funding come from other sources?

I also think the Family area is a complete waste of time- how much has the club invested in the facilities for it? Against Aldershot there were around 100 people, yesterday around 70. I wonder if there were complaints (by those using it against Aldershot) as the area was moved more into the corner yesterday away from Block 14?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Why didn't the Zoo Corner lot just move to Block 14?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Greenskin

Greenskin

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:30 pm

greengenes wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
greengenes wrote:

In what way does history prove otherwise?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:32 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Don't think there's many Salsa Verde types on ATD, gg. you might be better off praising them on pasoti - at least they'll see it there. For what it's worth I thought the Akinfenwa chants were good fun, and he took it in the right spirit, but overall it was another lacklustre display; if you need to be told what and when to sing, then you probably shouldn't be in the Demport - and SV were very quiet from where me and my boy sit (Block 1). And George, aged 4 and three quarters, asked a very perceptive question: 'Why are they waving those silly flags, daddy?'

Smart kid, my boy.

Andy it sounds like he gets his brains from his mother. Very Happy

My two certainly do! Sad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forza Verde  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  Empty

Back to top Go down

Forza Verde
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next