Chemical Ali
tcm
Charlie Wood
Czarcasm
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Forza Verde  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:59 pm

Forza verde is bollox, it excludes large parts of the ground, and it's not that impressive at all. Simples
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:35 am

Forza merde - here today gone tomorrow idea. There was chanting before and there will be chanting after. Webb and brent didn't invent atmosphere at HP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:41 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Don't think there's many Salsa Verde types on ATD, gg. you might be better off praising them on pasoti - at least they'll see it there. For what it's worth I thought the Akinfenwa chants were good fun, and he took it in the right spirit, but overall it was another lacklustre display; if you need to be told what and when to sing, then you probably shouldn't be in the Demport - and SV were very quiet from where me and my boy sit (Block 1). And George, aged 4 and three quarters, asked a very perceptive question: 'Why are they waving those silly flags, daddy?'

Smart kid, my boy.

Andy it sounds like he gets his brains from his mother. Very Happy

My two certainly do! Sad

Oi! Haven't you been told? I'm an educated wanker, always have been! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:44 am

Freathy wrote:
Forza merde - here today gone tomorrow idea. There was chanting before and there will be chanting after. Webb and brent didn't invent atmosphere at HP.

Agree with that, how long before people get bored of being in this organised shite and decide to get a group of mates together in a different block, or even block 3 and go against them and do their own chants. You know how things used to be, spontaneous chanting not being told when and what to sing.

So is block 3 now exclusive to members of forza shitta? How insulting to the many people who used to go every week and have the same seat for seasons on end, who has been turfed out of the same seat they've had since the stands opened by some silly little kid who has only supported the club for a few years.

Zeezan and the rest of forza verde can kiss my arse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:19 am

greengenes wrote:
For the first time yesterday I witnessed a Forza Verde chant / song spread around the Lyndhurst more than once . Good work boys .

I know this seems like a crazy idea GG, but do you think a fine win and a decent performance may have had something to do with a decent atmosphere, or do you still believe that a decent atmosphere is generated by a conductor and a dozen geeks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:50 am

GOB wrote:
greengenes wrote:
For the first time yesterday I witnessed a Forza Verde chant / song spread around the Lyndhurst more than once . Good work boys .

I know this seems like a crazy idea GG, but do you think a fine win and a decent performance may have had something to do with a decent atmosphere, or do you still believe that a decent atmosphere is generated by a conductor and a dozen geeks?

The performance started the good atmosphere no doubt about it .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 11:41 am

As it has always GG, who needs a choir!
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 11:52 am

Yea Man wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Agree with that, how long before people get bored of being in this organised shite and decide to get a group of mates together in a different block, or even block 3 and go against them and do their own chants. You know how things used to be, spontaneous chanting not being told when and what to sing.

So is block 3 now exclusive to members of forza shitta? How insulting to the many people who used to go every week and have the same seat for seasons on end, who has been turfed out of the same seat they've had since the stands opened by some silly little kid who has only supported the club for a few years.

Zeezan and the rest of forza verde can kiss my arse.

Yep you have no idea do you. Just going on about what you have read.

I was in block 3 on saturday like i have been for the last 5 years, Are we told what to sing and when NO its all spontaneous if we are doing well on the pitch we will be louder. The only diffrence now compared to a few years ago is that there are more people in the blocks who want to sing and chant and the flags. How many people have actually had to move seats do you have a number? i would only expect a few would have moved due to not being able to stand for the whole 90 mins.

The guy walking around people just ignore him he dosen't tell people what to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Well if you look on the Pasoti FV section, it's practically all posts about coming up with new chants like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now apart from being possibly the most camp football chant ever, it is an attempt to orchestrate the atmosphere and there was definitely talk of songsheets being handed out a while ago.

If it were any good I wouldn't mind so much, but it isn't. They are barely able to be heard outside of Block 3 and need someone to tell them how to sing their main chant.

I concede that the atmosphere at HP is shit right now, but that would change with a bit of a decent run. And it wouldn't have to come from Block 3, it would be spontaneous and widespread, not confined to a small section of pre-pubescent flag wearers.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Oxford, what you don't consider is it's those very same people that have been pushed out are the long standing supporters that made the demport and gave it it's rep, it is also not a patch to what it use to be and this forza thing in my opinion will never get close to what it was but good luck with it anyway. Forza should have been placed in zoo corner and more respect shown to some of our older and long standing devonport enders.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Highwayman wrote:
Oxford, what you don't consider is it's those very same people that have been pushed out are the long standing supporters that made the demport and gave it it's rep, it is also not a patch to what it use to be and this forza thing in my opinion will never get close to what it was but good luck with it anyway. Forza should have been placed in zoo corner and more respect shown to some of our older and long standing devonport enders.

This for me too. They should've been set up in Block 17 because anyone who sits near there who doesn't like the singing, chanting and flag waving will have been accustomed to it over the years.

Years ago we beat dirty Leeds 6-3 in a cracking match, but the dirty Leeds fans although spontaneous, showed how support should be. Original songs, chants and no-one had to tell them how to do it. In the Lyndhurst End we countered with our own songs and even the Mexican Wave which worked brilliantly and looked awesome.

Next it will be FV are allowed to stand up and sing and wave flags, but the away fans will have to remain seated so the FV will look as though they are good.

The trouble is, it has been decreed now so it will be. Just like the playstation zone has already been decided. The current regime want a rugby type supporter who need no policing, will pay through the nose for the shit fayre on offer, and might want to stay overnight in JB's hotel after the game. The game has moved on from the 80's hooligan problems, but working class people are wanting to let off steam with the odd swear word, cheeky banter and a few beers and not all of them are wanting to scrap with the opposition fans in Central Park after the game. This isn't recognised by bankers and accountants unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:44 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Well if you look on the Pasoti FV section, it's practically all posts about coming up with new chants like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now apart from being possibly the most camp football chant ever, it is an attempt to orchestrate the atmosphere and there was definitely talk of songsheets being handed out a while ago.

If it were any good I wouldn't mind so much, but it isn't. They are barely able to be heard outside of Block 3 and need someone to tell them how to sing their main chant.

I concede that the atmosphere at HP is shit right now, but that would change with a bit of a decent run. And it wouldn't have to come from Block 3, it would be spontaneous and widespread, not confined to a small section of pre-pubescent flag wearers.

Yea there have been some dreadful suggestions which im glad no one has tryed to start. People complain when they sing songs that other clubs use and say they are not original and then when people try to come up with songs you call it orchestrated so they can't win.

On saturday i expect most of the ground could here, Like i said most people ignore that guy.

Like you say the better the team play the better the atmosphe will be thats always been the case.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:40 pm

FV even highjacked Jim who rose out of his own spontineity. Fortunately they haven't invaded away days yet. If they did that would really cheese me off (and before they or the President claim they've improved the atmosphere in the away end in grounds around the country you haven't you shouldn't and you don't need to)
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Oh and they did a display. A display I ask you.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Highwayman wrote:
thats a load of tosh ,its the seats that have changed the atmos in the demport,it cant be the same as the 70s,,let it go,,i for one think its great the kidds are makeing some noise,i mean if we relied on this lot on here,fecking hell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:01 pm

The chanting/singing is heard around the ground. I sit around block 10 and can hear it perfectly well. The point is that it is largely ignored rather than not heard. Occasionally there is a joining in by some on the sidelines but generally it is only one section that makes a lot of noise. No football ground now is comparable to 40 years ago. Seats make a huge difference for one thing and numbers of course. I still think it does no harm however but I guess it's all down to personal taste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:24 pm

The loss of standing areas is the single biggest reason that atmosphere is poor nowadays.

I guess the FV have been given special permission to stand up, as the stewards usually electrocute anyone daring to stand at a match!

Seriously though if you go to away games at this level there isn't a great atmosphere from the home fans at most grounds, and we take as many away fans as any other team, and in most cases more, and create a good atmosphere, while half of the sides in League 2 will only bring 200 fans and not generate much noise.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:35 pm

I don't actually think that the atmosphere is that poor.Holdsworth and Boothroyd have both commented in their post match interviews how well the Argyle crowd get behind the team-i would agree with them,especially considering the dross that has been served up for a few years now.Like others have said,the best way to generate a good atmos is to put a team on the pitch that looks like it may score a goal or two and have a decent chance of winning matches.Must say i enjoyed the baiting of Boothroyd on Saturday,though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Greenskin wrote:
I don't actually think that the atmosphere is that poor.Holdsworth and Boothroyd have both commented in their post match interviews how well the Argyle crowd get behind the team-i would agree with them,especially considering the dross that has been served up for a few years now.Like others have said,the best way to generate a good atmos is to put a team on the pitch that looks like it may score a goal or two and have a decent chance of winning matches.Must say i enjoyed the baiting of Boothroyd on Saturday,though.

But again Greenskin, isn't that just the usual football crowd banter and nothing to do with FV? The same goes for the banter with Akinfenwa, just regular fans having a laugh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Forza Verde is the equivalent of canned laughter in a TV studio......forced laughter just doesn't sound right.

Good football and a winning team will bring a natural response and that will roar the players on.
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:50 pm

I suppose its the new way, its all X factor manufactured bs these days. Sad
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

But again Greenskin, isn't that just the usual football crowd banter and nothing to do with FV? The same goes for the banter with Akinfenwa, just regular fans having a laugh?

Couldn't agree more,Jock.I'm no particular fan of the Forza Verde concept,completely indifferent to it in all truth.I thnk the Boothroyd baiting was the residue of an incident at HP a few years ago,when he was manager at Watford and water was squirted at Halmosi, when he was lying on the deck injured, by their trainer.It was certainly long before the formation of FV,thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:01 pm

And let's not forget it's also part of JB community programme (in lieu of the Green Taverners raising funds to pay off the football debt)
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:10 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Yes it's normal football banter is it a surprise that people who are sitting in this section are able to do it?

Just regualar fans that are part of FV is this not alowed is it just regular fan or FV?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Oddball if truth be known the same applied to zoo corner for me regarding the chanting etc. I heard it but it was largely ignored by most of the ground. The chant "You only sing when you're winning" applies to most sets of fans and grounds. People are more tollerant of a singing/chanting section when the football is good or the team is at least winning. I agree with ZYPH that anything canned or forced doesn't cut it for most people. My mood inside the ground is dictated by what I see rather than hear and I suspect that is the same for most people. If you are winning and it's noisy and boisterous on top of that then it is easier to join in the mood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza Verde    Forza Verde  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forza Verde
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next