Freathy
Mock Cuncher
Dougie
Tringreen
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Gay bears? That's really homophobic - Jameson will be on later dressed in a rainbow flag calling for him to be stoned to death.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:52 pm

hairy j wrote:
Gay bears? That's really homophobic - Jameson will be on later dressed in a rainbow flag calling for him to be stoned to death.

throwing a cup of piping hot lavender tea in his face no doubt Wink

Back to top Go down
Harry the Dog

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Renegade wrote:
hairy j wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Sorry guys, I think I can guess the former but..........

a) jamboys?

b) Sahib?

Jamboys
People on pasoti that Tring doesn't like - mostly Ian Newell but also Chris Webb. It may come as a surprise but Tring doesn't like them. It's a person who deflects unpleasantness from a rich person. It's a bit weird but Tring likes to think of Ian Newell and Chris Webb covered in jam. No wonder Tring got deported to Cyprus or wherever he is now... it's depraved!

i thought Tring called them big gay bears?

Sahib
James Brent - apparently he's just like one and I think Tring is trying to use it as a derogatory term although it's not actually derogatory.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Although... he might be using irony.
Tring's trying to be polemic and trying to be really clever but his historical reference of Colonial rule in India seems to come from Carry On Up The Khyber.

I read the open letter - it's just an opinion and I don't agree with it. I'm not sure why "THE USUAL SUSPECTS" has been used but if Tring throws enough mud, some will stick.

I've got to be honest and say its not what's in the letter that as worrying as to why it was written in the first place. And by whom? This is just another self serving piece of crap being fed to the media by interested parties. Mind you I could be totally wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:28 pm

It's a blog written by someone who wants a career in journalism that was published in the Herald. Looks more like an exercise in getting their name in print for a journalist. Blaming the 'jamboys' for it is wide of the mark but then don't let reality in the way of an agenda.
Back to top Go down
Harry the Dog

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:33 pm

hairy j wrote:
It's a blog written by someone who wants a career in journalism that was published in the Herald. Looks more like an exercise in getting their name in print for a journalist. Blaming the 'jamboys' for it is wide of the mark but then don't let reality in the way of an agenda.

Well Hairy, there's some sort of agenda and the writing is very, very corporate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:43 pm

It might be that the person writing the blog is looking for a job somewhere - maybe with the club, maybe with the Herald. That's hardly a bad thing to do is it and the OP here is suggesting it's the 'usual suspects' and I can only think Tring means the 'jamboys' Newell and Webb when it's blatantly not.
Back to top Go down
Harry the Dog

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:48 pm

hairy j wrote:
It might be that the person writing the blog is looking for a job somewhere - maybe with the club, maybe with the Herald. That's hardly a bad thing to do is it and the OP here is suggesting it's the 'usual suspects' and I can only think Tring means the 'jamboys' Newell and Webb when it's blatantly not.

I follow your drift.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 4:54 am

hairy j wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Sorry guys, I think I can guess the former but..........

a) jamboys?

b) Sahib?

Jamboys
People on pasoti that Tring doesn't like - mostly Ian Newell but also Chris Webb. It may come as a surprise but Tring doesn't like them. It's a person who deflects unpleasantness from a rich person. It's a bit weird but Tring likes to think of Ian Newell and Chris Webb covered in jam. No wonder Tring got deported to Cyprus or wherever he is now... it's depraved!

Sahib
James Brent - apparently he's just like one and I think Tring is trying to use it as a derogatory term although it's not actually derogatory.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Although... he might be using irony.
Tring's trying to be polemic and trying to be really clever but his historical reference of Colonial rule in India seems to come from Carry On Up The Khyber.

I read the open letter - it's just an opinion and I don't agree with it. I'm not sure why "THE USUAL SUSPECTS" has been used but if Tring throws enough mud, some will stick.

I think you and your Dad are obsessed with my good self. You can't seem to post anything without singing my praises.

Reminds me of Nool n Ponty in the good old days Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am

Renegade wrote:
hairy j wrote:

At least you two have had your kick for yesterday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:04 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Renegade wrote:
hairy j wrote:

At least you two have had your kick for yesterday.

kick was this i remember no kick :O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 2:03 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Newell and webb, your biggest jamboys. No flies on Brent because the shit is covered in flies.

What is funny is that even City fans see the 2 stooges as jamboys, yet the majority of your own fans are oblivious to the stench of shit that surrounds them.

Don't let the self promoting bullies ruin your once proud club

Quote :
That isn't quite true Red Star. The majority of Argyle fans probably don't know who Newell is except maybe that he does auctions and only know of Webb because he is President. They do not frequent the internet and have no knowledge of any internet wars past or present. It is only those who have either been involved in the war or currently post on either site and have to listen to the constant war mongering who even have a clue. Pick any name off either site that people post under and do a survey at the next home game and the vast majority of the 6000 wouldn't know who you were talking about.

Oblivious = lacking conscious awareness, unmindful. Given this definition, sensiblegreeny, The Red Star and yourself said exactly the same thing, that the majority of fans aren't aware of what Newell and Webb have been up to. But you couldn't resist wading in with one of your idées fixes, ie that the row over N & W is only a concern shared by a relatively small amount of Argyle fans. After all the shit you give to Tringreen (broken record etc), you are doing exactly the same thing that you accuse him of, jumping in to contradict a poster who was in fact saying the same thing as you. Honestly, you couldn't make it up.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Going back to the letter, I know one of the authors (his brother and my brother are best mates). I think the other author is also ex-DHS (he might have been in my brother's class). I only just realised that I knew him when i saw him on upthelines' twitter account.

I've been to a couple of Argyle games with him (admittedly when we were in the Championship) and he never struck me as very green tinted. When we went to Forest for the 3-0 win he was more interested in chatting up the female Forest fans than the game Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2