Dougie
Tringreen
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? Empty
PostSubject: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:06 am

Stuff and nonsense. Just because they say it doesn't mean it's true. The Argyle football internet world is just like a mad bad funny illuminating post match alcohol laden pub bitch fest. Nothing more nothing less. (especially if you take away the extremeties of the views offered up).

There are those who have a message I take heed of and those who I just gloss over. I make a judgement about who I think is right or wrong. People only answer 'great post' with accompanying emoticons when it chimes in with their own beliefs. At the end of the day we can only be true to ourselves when posting.

In any case the writers may have been more intent on drving traffic to their own decidely moribund website.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:19 am

This is the piece printed in the Herald. It has the Sahib and his jamboys written all over it Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:23 am

its absolute crap who are these fools anyway?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:27 am

Written by an Andrew Eastal...the same fellow as in the bottom of this article?

From London, as an assumption from the blog title...a friend of any directors?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:28 am

More 'desperate' jamboys. It is now getting very obvious what they have to do to earn their silly hats Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Got to be

Last edited by Renegade on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:35 am

I shall treat this 'open letter' with all the contempt it dserves. If it is brent and his goons they can f*** right off! We have one of the highest attendances in the division but easily by far the worst 'team'. In a division as shit as L2 this is totally unnaceptable.

As for this little gem....

Quote :
Now is the time to remember what we have, what we almost lost and to rekindle the positivity which made last season one of the greatest in our history.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:36 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:

The plot thickens. Hotels being the obvious connection. Dear oh dear, what depths will these rich people plumb to con the average janner out of his money and the local [supposed] tribal leaders are their willing jamboys.

Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Sorry guys, I think I can guess the former but..........

a) jamboys?

b) Sahib?

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:33 pm

jamboys, anybody deemed subservient to Harry potter's Dad

Sahib, said Pater, see above.

Last edited by seadog on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:33 pm

X Isle wrote:

a) jamboys?

b) Sahib?

a][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

b][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Ah, the fog of ignorance clears up to reveal a bright and sunny vista.

I'll try harder to keep up, cheers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Newell and webb, your biggest jamboys. No flies on Brent because the shit is covered in flies.

What is funny is that even City fans see the 2 stooges as jamboys, yet the majority of your own fans are oblivious to the stench of shit that surrounds them.

Don't let the self promoting bullies ruin your once proud club
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:03 pm

That isn't quite true Red Star. The majority of Argyle fans probably don't know who Newell is except maybe that he does auctions and only know of Webb because he is President. They do not frequent the internet and have no knowledge of any internet wars past or present. It is only those who have either been involved in the war or currently post on either site and have to listen to the constant war mongering who even have a clue. Pick any name off either site that people post under and do a survey at the next home game and the vast majority of the 6000 wouldn't know who you were talking about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
That isn't quite true Red Star. The majority of Argyle fans probably don't know who Newell is except maybe that he does auctions and only know of Webb because he is President. They do not frequent the internet and have no knowledge of any internet wars past or present. It is only those who have either been involved in the war or currently post on either site and have to listen to the constant war mongering who even have a clue. Pick any name off either site that people post under and do a survey at the next home game and the vast majority of the 6000 wouldn't know who you were talking about.

6000!! Feck me, how far have you fallen. A city the size of yours now gets 6000, how sad.

Your club is failing and the majority of your fans look away. City fans rarely slag off Argyle on Exeweb these days because we were always taught never to kick a puppy, especially when the puppy was lame.

Why have Argyle got an unpaid honary president anyway? How tinpot, next you will be telling me you have wooden spa like benches, do bucket collections, let a fat bully sit in your directors box, paint childlike murals, close down Zoo Corner, sing Pompey Songs, condemn your own trust in favour of a mouthpiece of an owner who has no football background, won't put any money in and still thinks Carl Fletcher will make as good a public speaker....it could be worse though, you could have a president who thinks painting a post box bronze is a good idea. Just imagine if Argyle did any one of the aforementioned things, you would be considered a laughing stock.

Have some backbone for heaven sake, have some pride...your club is better than this.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:23 pm

makes i want to slag your club off, but unfortunately, its all true, so i'll leave your boys be.

maybe you could be our next el presidente
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:25 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

6000!! Feck me, how far have you fallen. A city the size of yours now gets 6000, how sad.

Your club is failing and the majority of your fans look away. City fans rarely slag off Argyle on Exeweb these days because we were always taught never to kick a puppy, especially when the puppy was lame.

Why have Argyle got an unpaid honary president anyway? How tinpot, next you will be telling me you have wooden spa like benches, do bucket collections, let a fat bully sit in your directors box, paint childlike murals, close down Zoo Corner, sing Pompey Songs, condemn your own trust in favour of a mouthpiece of an owner who has no football background, won't put any money in and still thinks Carl Fletcher will make as good a public speaker....it could be worse though, you could have a president who thinks painting a post box bronze is a good idea. Just imagine if Argyle did any one of the aforementioned things, you would be considered a laughing stock.

Have some backbone for heaven sake, have some pride...your club is better than this.

Its a sad day when an exeter city fan shows more passion to save pafc from the the abyss than some fans are,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:24 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I would like to beat you with a stick, a la 70's hoolie Porkus - but, unfortunately, I cannot disagree with anything you say. pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Quite astute for an Exeter fan. Admit it you had some help from Torquay didn't you.

Yes sadly that is Argyle I can't deny it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:54 pm

X Isle wrote:

a) jamboys?

b) Sahib?

Jamboys
People on pasoti that Tring doesn't like - mostly Ian Newell but also Chris Webb. It may come as a surprise but Tring doesn't like them. It's a person who deflects unpleasantness from a rich person. It's a bit weird but Tring likes to think of Ian Newell and Chris Webb covered in jam. No wonder Tring got deported to Cyprus or wherever he is now... it's depraved!

Sahib
James Brent - apparently he's just like one and I think Tring is trying to use it as a derogatory term although it's not actually derogatory.
Although... he might be using irony.
Tring's trying to be polemic and trying to be really clever but his historical reference of Colonial rule in India seems to come from Carry On Up The Khyber.

I read the open letter - it's just an opinion and I don't agree with it. I'm not sure why "THE USUAL SUSPECTS" has been used but if Tring throws enough mud, some will stick.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:58 pm

All very good hj but you forgot to mention the chippy on Grenville street- unfortunately under new management soon (if not already).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
All very good hj but you forgot to mention the chippy on Grenville street- unfortunately under new management soon (if not already).

I'm glad I moved then. I always liked it in there and often had a cheeky savaloy on the way home from the Grenny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:00 pm

hairy j wrote:
X Isle wrote:

a) jamboys?

b) Sahib?

Jamboys
People on pasoti that Tring doesn't like - mostly Ian Newell but also Chris Webb. It may come as a surprise but Tring doesn't like them. It's a person who deflects unpleasantness from a rich person. It's a bit weird but Tring likes to think of Ian Newell and Chris Webb covered in jam. No wonder Tring got deported to Cyprus or wherever he is now... it's depraved!

i thought Tring called them big gay bears?

Sahib
James Brent - apparently he's just like one and I think Tring is trying to use it as a derogatory term although it's not actually derogatory.
Although... he might be using irony.
Tring's trying to be polemic and trying to be really clever but his historical reference of Colonial rule in India seems to come from Carry On Up The Khyber.

I read the open letter - it's just an opinion and I don't agree with it. I'm not sure why "THE USUAL SUSPECTS" has been used but if Tring throws enough mud, some will stick.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Touting the famous "We're just out of Administration" line.

Why does everyone miss the point about Administration?

The point being that it allows a business (in this case PAFC) to write off most, if not all of it's debts and start again with a virtually clean slate!

The current financial position is that PAFC are virtually debt free and have attendances among the best in the division (and the one above), meaning that under the 55% rule, we have spending power among the best in the bottom two leagues.

The League position clearly shows that this money (generated by the fans not the owner) is either not being spent or is being spent very badly.

The owner is in charge of the club and has to accept responsibility for this situation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?   More 'spin' from the usual suspects ? Empty

Back to top Go down

More 'spin' from the usual suspects ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next