21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:11 pm

How many times in recent months have we had threads like this? I think I started one a while ago, as have others. There are now so many people who appear to be totally disenfranchised from the club.

Something the club need to be aware of I think.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:13 pm

Does the club want to listen?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:14 pm

and the tring way for sucsess is?,,,,,,as 92 chairmen wait with baited breath,,,,,you realy are a cock dear boy lol! go on then enlighten the thick people?
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:15 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

why when they are surrounded by yes men?
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 4 Empty

I think we're approaching the time when enough is enough.

I don't think the club does want to listen SFD, the club is after all the owners and those invited by the owner to have influence. Maybe it is time that the club was forced to listen?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Statement - Page 4 Empty

tcm wrote:
Freathy wrote:
tcm wrote:
hay ho,all very heart felt and that,i think its very bottem of the leauge syndrome myself,i understand andys piont of view,fair enough,but these are the facts weather you like it or not,6 and half 1000 for the norhamton gate because of leauge position,if we were top then 8/8500 through the gate,all you experts out there at running a football club,where were you when stapes(dr evil according to you lot lol! )was running the club,?ile remind you,,you were stood/sat on the terraces,supporting it,,,,for the shite that tring spouts, but a winning team out there and bang go the morals,,

A winning team? There's been no winning team for 5 years. And there's absolutely no sign of a winning team on the distant horizon!! That's the whole point FFS!!! All I've seen over past 5 years is asset stripping, greedy and outclassed 'directors' and property developers with no interest in football, and jumped up janners with absolutely nothing useful add gaining positions of influence which has gone hand in hand with very rapid decline on the pitch to a point where now we have 'team' that is so shit it's almost unwatchable. As for your 6,500 against the cobblers you may be right as it's early days but as the season drags on this will become less and less. People are not stupid.
and my whole point is that with a winning team the morals go out the window,,people that try to take the moral high ground were all there supporting stapes team,i expect you were too?,evry one new what we were paying for players every one new it couldnt go on BUT we all left are morals at home and skipped off to HP,

Morals? What are you talking about? Seriously! Staplewallet, by pure luck in that he inherited Sturrock #1 from Mad Dan, oversaw a moderately successful period which saw us back where a city of this size should be at the very least i.e. in the second tier. Yes we could have pushed on from there with one of staplewallet's only two good moves i.e. the appointment of Ian Holloway (the other was Tony Pulis) but then the outclassed staplewallet got greedy and sold off Ollie's best players and the rest is history. What has morals got to do with Argyle having a successful team? I have no idea what you're on about.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:17 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Tcm, morals may not be important to you but there are too many of your support and are to me and other City fans. We don't care if you are top of the league or bottom, we just want your non entities, Newell and Webb to visit SJP and sit in the directors box and come face to face with real fans he has tried to bully and tried to slur, who want to do more than talk. We have nothing much against Webb, although his close links with Newell makes him guilty by association. I am sure as friends they will help reach other out when the talking stops.

You can also add Torquay fans to that list Red Star, they have also had to put up with one or two "characters"!

There's quite a file building!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:19 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
How many times in recent months have we had threads like this? I think I started one a while ago, as have others. There are now so many people who appear to be totally disenfranchised from the club.

Something the club need to be aware of I think.

They will be but as SFD points out they are acting like some sort of extreme masonic sect.

They won't change until there is a mass boycott of matches and the only ones keeping them company are completely unaware of what is going on and go to Argyle because that's what they've always done, plus a few wannabe sect members, just dying for a piss in the executive toilets.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:20 pm

tcm wrote:
and the tring way for sucsess is?,,,,,,as 92 chairmen wait with baited breath,,,,,you realy are a cock dear boy lol! go on then enlighten the thick people?

Read my missive dimwit. Rolling Eyes

Not correct. I was warning where it would all end up if the greedy Stapleton regime didn't either promote the club and sell it to someone with an eye for potential, who did have enough cash to invest and probably reap the rewards of increased attendances and possibly top flight football at HP. Or at the very least welcome offers of investment for places on the board, which we had from the London Consortium.. They did neither til the horse had bolted, then they brought in the greedy, big time Charlies and kept on trying to feather their own nests, all of them !
I got so fed up being told to enjoy the ride that I only ventured to a few away games, saw the masses staring at planes at the Madejski , the Hawthorns and the Ricoh etc and just felt totally depressed at the inevitable decline just over the horizon.
To add insult to injury, it was at this time that the Nool led Politburo was springing into action, attempting to silence dissenting voices.' We'll never hear a bad word against Stapes and his lovely family'.

Footballing reality when it comes to England's 13 th largest city club is still recognised by very few. Greenskin is one who has tried factually and eloquently for years but it never seems to sink in. Peter Jones knows the score but clearly has now placed personal position over head and heart.

I was saying the same things and even wrote to the club and had letters published in the Herald as far back as post the Wembley play off with Warnock, pleading with the owner to seize the moment. This IS a big club in waiting , it just needs to be marketed correctly and have owners with just enough wealth to make a difference and send out the clear message that the club really means business, as has happened at many other clubs, previously going nowhere. The city and region will support the right product but after 100 years of non investment they are rightly sceptical.

Argyle has always suffered from the 'same old Argo' syndrome, now its image is far, far worse. People will not buy in just because of Salsa Verde, local pasties, new bars or glossy membership packages.

People like Nool n Webb think everyone should be as committed as them. It doesn't work like that and even they will tire of trawling up and down the country to godforsaken little clubs, watching the team lose.We are a big city. We do have a decent hardcore support considering our lack of success and we could support top flight football.

It's all so parochial, so visionless, so Argyle........................................ but it doesn't have to be that way.

Last edited by Tringreen on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:31 pm

There needs to be a new campaign fought that brings the exploits, factual and legit, to the attention of the fans in general and there needs to be focused media attention.

James Brent's associations and lack of will to act should be recognised and his actions of promoting one or two should be considered as an encouragement to inflame the situation. Questions should be asked of James Brent as to why he is content to allow such a situation considering the direct effect that it is having on his clubs customers!

The same questions should be asked of Peter Jones and also Plymouth City Council considering their support for James Brent's developments and the effect that his actions, by way of promoting individuals and association, is having on Plymouth City Council Tax payers!

Time for a new Fanzine?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:

that was then this is now,enlighten us, Razz
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:36 pm

tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:

Look back three posts before this one.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Saltash green wrote:
You don't know my connections to Manchester.

My guess would be Strangeways Prison?

Saltash green wrote:
Nor do you get to judge if Im an argyle fan or not.

No judgement required. You're a Man Utd fan. You've told me.

No but judging from the way your mind works, I'd say your closer to that than I ever will be.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:

that dosnt tell us how? thats just a moan,,,,,,trust me ,if you have a way of getting us to the prem ile vote tring for chairman,so you want brent webb and newel out? ,then what happens?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:55 pm

tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:

that dosnt tell us how? thats just a moan,,,,,,trust me ,if you have a way of getting us to the prem ile vote tring for chairman,so you want brent webb and newel out? ,then what happens?

Oh Buddha No
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:56 pm

tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:

It'll be a very long list but how about we start by saying that PAFC would have a more united, stronger, happier and content fan base with a Fans Trust grabbing the limelight and providing help and advice to the club rather than one or two individuals that seem only to seek personal recognition and seem to be less and less concerned for the club for the sake of control?
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:07 pm

This should be bumped!

Chemical Ali wrote:
Just going back to Newell's statement and the comments ref his daughter.

Her activity on ATD has been-

-Three user accounts since April, although She didn't have two at any one time
- The second account was used to attack this site and the posters on it. When this account was accused of being held by Newell's daughter it was denied. Her father also visited the home of a former AtD mod and spoke to her on the phone and she denied it was her (at the former mod's home). The mods asked the account holder to explain who they were and a name was given (a work colleague of Miss Newell). Her father has since admitted the account was hers.
- her latest account is used to view the site and rarely posts.

On the subject of family,
- the spoof ADT website which described users of this website in such endearing terms such as drug addicts, paedos and whores which Newell denied repeatedly on pasoti as him, featured an animal and it was described as a poster on this site's wife. Newell admitted on Cerbs' site that he was one of the people behind that site and paid £250 for its creation

You keep some interesting friends, James!

Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:12 pm

Freathy wrote:
tcm wrote:
Freathy wrote:
tcm wrote:
hay ho,all very heart felt and that,i think its very bottem of the leauge syndrome myself,i understand andys piont of view,fair enough,but these are the facts weather you like it or not,6 and half 1000 for the norhamton gate because of leauge position,if we were top then 8/8500 through the gate,all you experts out there at running a football club,where were you when stapes(dr evil according to you lot lol! )was running the club,?ile remind you,,you were stood/sat on the terraces,supporting it,,,,for the shite that tring spouts, but a winning team out there and bang go the morals,,

A winning team? There's been no winning team for 5 years. And there's absolutely no sign of a winning team on the distant horizon!! That's the whole point FFS!!! All I've seen over past 5 years is asset stripping, greedy and outclassed 'directors' and property developers with no interest in football, and jumped up janners with absolutely nothing useful add gaining positions of influence which has gone hand in hand with very rapid decline on the pitch to a point where now we have 'team' that is so shit it's almost unwatchable. As for your 6,500 against the cobblers you may be right as it's early days but as the season drags on this will become less and less. People are not stupid.
and my whole point is that with a winning team the morals go out the window,,people that try to take the moral high ground were all there supporting stapes team,i expect you were too?,evry one new what we were paying for players every one new it couldnt go on BUT we all left are morals at home and skipped off to HP,

Morals? What are you talking about? Seriously! Staplewallet, by pure luck in that he inherited Sturrock #1 from Mad Dan, oversaw a moderately successful period which saw us back where a city of this size should be at the very least i.e. in the second tier. Yes we could have pushed on from there with one of staplewallet's only two good moves i.e. the appointment of Ian Holloway (the other was Tony Pulis) but then the outclassed staplewallet got greedy and sold off Ollie's best players and the rest is history. What has morals got to do with Argyle having a successful team? I have no idea what you're on about.
the morals,,iam talking about the people that went through the turnstyles knowing what they new but hay its ok were playing leeds,and the same people that choose not to go when were playing aldershot,its bottem of the league syndrome,you know it i know it everyone knows it,,regardless of who is running the club if we were playing leeds on saturday how many people would say fck it iam off to argo,?so if mr brent takes us back to the championship and west ham are up at HP,do you say feck that iam not going because some one may have a parking place,or someones waveing a flag in the demport or do you go,what would your avarage janner do?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
tcm wrote:

Oh Buddha No
cop out answer No
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:19 pm

GOB wrote:
The Red Star wrote:
Tcm, morals may not be important to you but there are too many of your support and are to me and other City fans. We don't care if you are top of the league or bottom, we just want your non entities, Newell and Webb to visit SJP and sit in the directors box and come face to face with real fans he has tried to bully and tried to slur, who want to do more than talk. We have nothing much against Webb, although his close links with Newell makes him guilty by association. I am sure as friends they will help reach other out when the talking stops.

You can also add Torquay fans to that list Red Star, they have also had to put up with one or two "characters"!

There's quite a file building!

You are not wrong. We have screenshots taken from old Bristol Rovers and Torquay united fans websites and the scum that is Newell is everywhere. He seems to have forgotten everything he has posted in the last 10 years and the majority is vile. What starts off as friendly banter, turns into hate campaigns, anonymous threatening text messages and incessant obsessive bullying. Thankfully he likes taking pictures of himself, so his face is known, he likes using different multi names, different IP addresses...yet all are known. Not sure even a pork pie hat and sunglasses will be able to disguise his identity next time he visits Exeter City, especially if his picture is circulated again!

I know there are many posters who think things should be left alone and he isn't all bad, however he is a serial offender who will offend again, make no mistake. It makes no difference how much money he raises for a football club, no money will excuse his bullying. What next, campaigns against young fans, women...whoops, forgot, he has already done that.

Defend Newell and you are condoning bullying
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:34 pm

so tring,if you want change you realy should have something to change too?,,,i dont think youve thought that one out have you,lets get real tring,you dont have a plan do you
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Tring doesn't need to have a plan Mike. The only person who needs a plan is the owner of a football club and that plan should focus solely on producing a football team onto the pitch that consistently wins football matches. Then, Mike, your argument of more customers coming to view that product has merit.

The trouble is, for all his fine words, many posters on here don't see much action from James Brent to impliment such a simple plan.

All we have the ability to do is to continue pointing out this failing.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:22 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Tring doesn't need to have a plan Mike. The only person who needs a plan is the owner of a football club and that plan should focus solely on producing a football team onto the pitch that consistently wins football matches. Then, Mike, your argument of more customers coming to view that product has merit.

The trouble is, for all his fine words, many posters on here don't see much action from James Brent to impliment such a simple plan.

All we have the ability to do is to continue pointing out this failing.
i agree how ever,tring tells me there is another way so iam interested to know what he means by that?if he has another way a plan i think we all should listen dont you,my plan would be to chuck a lot of money at the team but that dosnt go down well it seems,pluss i dont have that sort of money,but i stand by what i think to be true and that is with exactley the same people(not players) at our club if we found our self in the championship the same people moaning like fec on here would be ofF down to HP,History has proved me right ,(yes i know ,,not you tring)
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:08 pm

To paraphrase a certain 7 times TDF winner in the news of late...........

"A times comes in a man's life when enough is enough"

After reading this which is brilliantly put by Mr.Symonds....

"I can put up with the team being poor.

I can put up with the club being a shambles.

I can put up with my (and my son's) 'Matchday Experience' being ruined by the Family area - which is where I'd intended to sit with my lad this season - being moved long after a number of us had forked out a considerable amount of money on Season Tickets. Are you reading this bit, Peter Jones?

I can even put up with the crap we've been fed about 'competitive budgets' and 'promotion a target' since I know spin when I see it.

What I can't put up with is a situation where a good friend of mine is canned from contributing to the Programme, only to see her column replaced by an almost identical one which has lifted its content from Greens On Screen - the website where many of my good friend's history columns from the programme ended up. Can you see where this is going?

Someone (or it may be more than one person) is spineless, gutless and cowardly. And it's symptomatic of a wider malaise at Argyle. Even when the club was being run on a shoestring by a despot (Macauley) I didn't feel as detached and devalued as I do now; it does appear that the club (or its hierarchy) only want to engage with fans who will blindly follow the leadership line without question. And that's precisely the attitude that led the club into millions of pounds of debt only a couple of years ago.

I'll be 46 in a couple of weeks time. And for 38 of those 46 years I've been following Argyle up and down this land. Stranded in Bradford, pissed in Sheffield, awestruck in Newcastle and hysterically happy in Rochdale - Argyle has been a big part of my life. Now? I just can't be arsed any more. I had genuinely looked forward to this season - the pride I felt at my son becoming a Season Ticket holder, alongside his old man; tinged with sadness that my dad, who died two years ago and introduced me to the Greens in 1974, wouldn't be accompanying us to games.

But now? I couldn't care less. The team I've supported since I was 8 years old means less and less to me with each day that passes. As the behaviour of certain 'supporters' gets worse, and as those 'supporters' are indulged and even encouraged by the owner and his Board, I get closer and closer to walking away. There's plenty of things George and I can do of a weekend. We don't have to go to Home Park, we could go to Brickfields, where we'll receive a warm welcome, enjoy a genuine family atmosphere and an excellent 'matchday experience'. What we don't have to do is visit a football ground where a tinpot dictator like Ian Newell can threaten, lie and bully as a means of gaining entry to the Directors Box"

And then this by Freathy......................

"Comments on this thread sum up my feelings too. I grew up with Argyle. Would never miss a home match if at all possible until work eventually completely took me away from the area. When I lived in London I mainly went to away matches but came down to Plymouth for home matches on the odd occasion. When I first moved back down here in 2004 I was a season ticket holder until 2009/10 season. But I haven't felt a part of Argyle ever since the new world shite. Now this whole brent, webb and newell farce has only distanced me even more. I know as supporters we're supposed to support the club no matter what blah blah but what has happened over the past 5 years both on and off the pitch has made me exiled from the club. I still care as I'm on here but I feel like i'm commenting as a complete outsider"

And then this excellent piece by GOB.................................

"I don't think PJ will man up, he seems to be to low in the pecking order.

Obviously there are one or two that now wield a bit of power and they seem happy to use it for personal vendettas which is nothing new to a few of us but even so, the past few months have been an eye opener as we've looked on and witnessed countless attacks on the Trust, character assassinations and dirty tricks by way of the creation of fictitious Internet Characters designed to cause disharmony and mayhem throughout the ranks of the fan-base and to divide and split the fans Trust. There's also the strong indications that information was being saved for future unscrupulous and devious acts as well as possible attempts to hack Internet email accounts. We've seen attempts to destabilize fans forums by spamming message boards with yet more fictitious characters and we've received phone calls and text messages designed to counter any dissenting voices as well as mock legal threats and spoof websites....the list is simply endless and is ongoing!

Some of us have read comments boasting of the latest dirty trick to be bestowed upon the latest and most fashionable hate campaign victim, the clubs performance seems not to matter as long as personal vendettas can be antagonised and as much hurt as possible provided to those that have in the past voiced disagreement.

During the pantomime we've seen free gifts handed out from James Brent in the way of titles and car parking spaces as well as positions normally provided to those with strong influence within the club, in the Directors box. James Brent is on record stating the values of the friendships that he has with one or two characters that seem constantly to be in the thick of the "action", raising even more questions and speculation as to James Brent's genuine intentions for PAFC.

We've read comments from a character that often sites himself in the Directors Box of how he would accept PAFC losing its FL status. Some would argue that one persons demand for recognition, power and control is not worth the cost to the club and its fans"

PAFC can stick their club up their own and pathetic poodles collective arses. I totally fail to recognise PAFC as a club I have supported, man and boy.

I'm done.

I'm now going to spend my free-time and money on things that are enjoyable, entertaining, productive and worry free with my family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Statement - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Statement
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next