tcm
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Please can this be put on pasoti. Its not right that only one view is shared.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:39 pm

the way i see it he gives as good as he gets i am sure if he stopped goading others, others would stop goading him
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:26 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:

It wouldn't last 5 minutes before it was deleted.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:27 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:

The Pasoti Politburo would not allow it.

Why was the Peggy thread moved to Terraces ? It is Argyle related.

If IJN doesn't get much support and people start asking questions it will be deleted, erased, it didn't happen. Move along, nothing to see here.

In addition, the link on Pasoti to 'Argyle Talk' directs you to Cerbs' tumbleweed site.
Now I wonder why the pigs of Animal Farm would do something like that ?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"
- George Orwell, Animal Farm, Ch. 5

"Napoleon is always right."
- George Orwell, Animal Farm, Ch. 5

I take the credit for branding Pasoti as 'The Farm'. There is more of course. Here's another for all those who dared to challenge the authority of the pigs and their dogs.

"they had come to a time when no one dared speak his mind, when fierce, growling dogs roamed everywhere, and when you had to watch your comrades torn to pieces after confessing to shocking crimes." Chapter 7

"some of the animals remembered--or thought they remembered--that the Sixth Commandment decreed 'No animal shall kill any other animal.' And though no one cared to mention it in the hearing of the pigs or the dogs, it was felt that the killings which had taken place did not square with this."
- George Orwell, Animal Farm, Ch. 8

Last edited by Tringreen on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Saltash green wrote:
You can't pretend to be whiter than white tho to be fair.

And neither can you by a long way!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:41 pm

What would be gained by posting it on pasoti, those left on there are unable to have an opinion that does not conform, they all now know what they are dealing with, they have all seen the actions of the pasoti mods with reference to Deep Throat etc. they are all aware of the antics of Newell and Webb, they have all witnessed the attempts to undermine "their" Trust.............There's nothing left to do, those silent ones left are the sheep, the head nodding sheep that are so insecure with life the only option left to them is to stay aligned to the bad guys. I have always argued with Tring when he's described pasoti users as Avivas because I always believed that not all were, now I believe that they all virtually are Avivas.

Apart from one or two, what you see on pasoti now are the weak willed, no good to man or beast and especially no good to fight a battle of wits with the club car parkers.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Your spot on there GOB. They're also the type of fans wanted at the club, unlike us.

I would even go as far as saying the club are behind a lot of what has gone on previously, in particular the Trust attacks, and that people like me, and the other regular posters on ATD are not wanted or welcome at Plymouth Argyle anymore.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Is that Napoleon in the Directors' box again ? Of course it is, sat behind his hero with Webb's son.

I reckon it's a done deal. They just don't have the guts to tell the fanbase.

What a nightmare.

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/matchdisplays/2012-08-25/1/slides/P1220718.asp

Last edited by Tringreen on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:54 pm

quote, Just thought on Ian Newell's frankly ludicrous, self-involved piece of fiction.

The Police say that the villain will revisits the scene of their crime.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Well if Peggy has gone then good riddance, she certainly didn't take any prisoners when she held the power of a Pasoti mod of that i can personally testify, how the mighty has fallen springs to mind.
I hate pasoti and its poisonous ilk, but it amuses me the amount that are over here now, a bit like kiddies that don't get they're own way..a la Cerbs.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Is that Napoleon in the Directors' box again ? Of course it is, sat behind his hero with Webb's son.

I reckon it's a done deal. They just don't have the guts to tell the fanbase.

What a nightmare.

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/matchdisplays/2012-08-25/1/slides/P1220718.asp

Its been a done deal since Chris was appointed honorary president IMO . No doubt when the fans are "happier" this "bombshell" will be made public.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:19 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Saltash green wrote:
You can't pretend to be whiter than white tho to be fair.

And neither can you by a long way!

Difference is I don't pretend to be.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:23 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Well if Peggy has gone then good riddance, she certainly didn't take any prisoners when she held the power of a Pasoti mod of that i can personally testify, how the mighty has fallen springs to mind.
I hate pasoti and its poisonous ilk, but it amuses me the amount that are over here now, a bit like kiddies that don't get they're own way..a la Cerbs.

In some cases though Punchy it's the ways of Pasoti that have made many people turn to ATD. And quite rightly.

I hope Peggy will keep posting on here, but if not we can speak on Facebook anyway.

What I don't want to happen is for more and more people to get ground down by the shit that keeps getting thrown our way, and The Trust board all walk away to let these people get on with it, seeing as they are so vocal and militant to the people who are trying to get on with it. I don't want this place to tone down or change it's stance just because the usual suspects have managed to get their way this time.

If people start disappearing in the middle of the night, or all start having mechanical failures whilst driving, or receiving bullets with their name on through the post, then it might be time to all walk away and let them get on with it, for now I think we have to keep raising concerns and hoping that someone somewhere is listening.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:16 pm

To be fair to some of the people on pasoti - there are good folk on there who have not been taken in, who continue to question, who continue to mock, who continue to be good people and who have the best interests of Argyle and football at heart.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:40 pm

no mention of deepthroat affair in his post ?

peggy has been treated very badly indeed.

Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:43 pm

On both counts but then that's just my opinion. Here and there.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:05 pm

PAFC is a club that I am no longer proud to support.

Sad days, dirty days.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Why can't we all just be friends
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:40 pm

GOB wrote:
PAFC is a club that I am no longer proud to support.

Sad days, dirty days.

I can put up with the team being poor.

I can put up with the club being a shambles.

I can put up with my (and my son's) 'Matchday Experience' being ruined by the Family area - which is where I'd intended to sit with my lad this season - being moved long after a number of us had forked out a considerable amount of money on Season Tickets. Are you reading this bit, Peter Jones?

I can even put up with the crap we've been fed about 'competitive budgets' and 'promotion a target' since I know spin when I see it.

What I can't put up with is a situation where a good friend of mine is canned from contributing to the Programme, only to see her column replaced by an almost identical one which has lifted its content from Greens On Screen - the website where many of my good friend's history columns from the programme ended up. Can you see where this is going?

Someone (or it may be more than one person) is spineless, gutless and cowardly. And it's symptomatic of a wider malaise at Argyle. Even when the club was being run on a shoestring by a despot (Macauley) I didn't feel as detached and devalued as I do now; it does appear that the club (or its hierarchy) only want to engage with fans who will blindly follow the leadership line without question. And that's precisely the attitude that led the club into millions of pounds of debt only a couple of years ago.

I'll be 46 in a couple of weeks time. And for 38 of those 46 years I've been following Argyle up and down this land. Stranded in Bradford, pissed in Sheffield, awestruck in Newcastle and hysterically happy in Rochdale - Argyle has been a big part of my life. Now? I just can't be arsed any more. I had genuinely looked forward to this season - the pride I felt at my son becoming a Season Ticket holder, alongside his old man; tinged with sadness that my dad, who died two years ago and introduced me to the Greens in 1974, wouldn't be accompanying us to games.

But now? I couldn't care less. The team I've supported since I was 8 years old means less and less to me with each day that passes. As the behaviour of certain 'supporters' gets worse, and as those 'supporters' are indulged and even encouraged by the owner and his Board, I get closer and closer to walking away. There's plenty of things George and I can do of a weekend. We don't have to go to Home Park, we could go to Brickfields, where we'll receive a warm welcome, enjoy a genuine family atmosphere and an excellent 'matchday experience'. What we don't have to do is visit a football ground where a tinpot dictator like Ian Newell can threaten, lie and bully as a means of gaining entry to the Directors Box.

Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:45 pm

Take george to old trafford, now that's what you call a day out.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:58 pm

Saltash green wrote:
Take george to old trafford, now that's what you call a day out.

As usual, you miss the point by a country mile.

I might be on the verge of giving up on Argyle, but one thing I'll never become is some sad, plastic tw@t who calls himself a Manchester United supporter despite not knowing how to find Salford with a map and a Sat Nav.

Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:59 pm

If your indicating that at me , you couldn't be mOre wrong
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:03 am

Saltash green wrote:
If your indicating that at me , you couldn't be mOre wrong

Dane, you're not an Argyle fan. The only football team you're interested in is Manchester Utd. Whether you've been to Old Trafford or not, frankly I couldn't care less. But don't pretend to be an Argyle fan. You're not. The only reason you post on here is to try and shit-stir. It's always been your M.O. and always will be. You have no connection with Manchester, either via family or residency. You're a plastic.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:09 am

You don't know my connections to Manchester. Nor do you get to judge if Im an argyle fan or not.

Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:25 am

Saltash green wrote:
You don't know my connections to Manchester.

My guess would be Strangeways Prison?

Saltash green wrote:
Nor do you get to judge if Im an argyle fan or not.

No judgement required. You're a Man Utd fan. You've told me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Statement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Statement
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next