21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:10 pm

I can't eat goats cheese, it makes me ill for days!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:14 pm

He as far as I can tell doesn't have a different view to me, I called him a moron because he is a moron
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:27 pm

yay,,,,,, grumpys got the same view as me Very Happy even though hes a cnut, cheers
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Moron made I smile
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Therein lies the problem. Those that go are expected to listen to the arguments of those that often don't. Those that are less critical are expected to listen to the arguments of those that are more so. For a football website that is supposed to be for debate that seems a bit one sided when all those who criticise everything want to do is stiffle the argument of the other side. Calling somebody a moron because they hold a different view to your's is a sort of childish argument don't you think. It's a bit like the charges that if you don't agree with me you must be a pasoti mole.

No,you totally missed the point.I genuinely didn't understand what the guy was on about when he was talking about morality and frankly i still don't in spite of your best efforts to explain.Not a problem in itself.What gripped my shit was when he effectively implied that i did understand his point but was being deliberately obtuse and proceded to label me as one of "Tring's cringeworthy hangers on" or whatever the phrase was that he used.Not so.I'm not a hanger on to Tring or anyone else and Tring would not expect me to be.It may have escaped your attention but he also called Tring a tosser in one of his previous posts-if he gives it out,then is there any particular reason why he shouldn't expect some back?
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:44 pm

SG sounds a bit like Pasoti for a football website.Think about it with you being a sensible bloke,and all that.Youve never listened to anybody's argument,why change the habits of your ATD lifetime. Unfortunately your son insults people all the time.Is he a Pasoti mole?
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:56 pm

But he went on to explain what he meant about morality Greenskin and it was clearly the morality of the owner not the people who spend money or don't through the gates. Tring was being a bit of a tosser by just drawing everyone's attention to the grammar. We all know what people are generally getting at without marking an opinion for grammar. You then asked where the ignore button was so that you didn't have to listen to the moron anymore. Now if that isn't stiffling opinion of somebody who doesn't agree with you then what is?

Oddball, you really do live up to your name as well don't you. Why is it that if somebody says something a bit out of line on here that they have to be from pasoti? I'm not as I'm not registered on there, never have been and only read a few bits and pieces at times to find out what is happening. It's often where you hear it first. My son can speak for himself but a mole? He has a go at your favourite person and you don't like it so therefore there has to be something about him. Not everyone has a favourite master or worships others so grow up and get over it.

I have just read a couple of threads on pasoti. There are dissenters on there which is hardly surprising. Dissenters being the term I would use for people who post contrary to the more popular opinions on a website. Some would have it that if you are 100% for Argyle, Brent, players and manager then you post on pasoti. If you are 100% the other way then you post on ATD. As somebody pointed out quite astutely, a football website is for the views of ALL of the posters whatever their opinion is either for or against and not simply to post a one sided argument.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:12 pm

SG...if you post any negativity on PASOTI you normally get banned.Like whats happened to more than a few on here.No need for insults by the way.Doesn't do your credibilty any good.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
But he went on to explain what he meant about morality Greenskin and it was clearly the morality of the owner not the people who spend money or don't through the gates. Tring was being a bit of a tosser by just drawing everyone's attention to the grammar. We all know what people are generally getting at without marking an opinion for grammar. You then asked where the ignore button was so that you didn't have to listen to the moron anymore. Now if that isn't stiffling opinion of somebody who doesn't agree with you then what is?

Oddball, you really do live up to your name as well don't you. Why is it that if somebody says something a bit out of line on here that they have to be from pasoti? I'm not as I'm not registered on there, never have been and only read a few bits and pieces at times to find out what is happening. It's often where you hear it first. My son can speak for himself but a mole? He has a go at your favourite person and you don't like it so therefore there has to be something about him. Not everyone has a favourite master or worships others so grow up and get over it.

I have just read a couple of threads on pasoti. There are dissenters on there which is hardly surprising. Dissenters being the term I would use for people who post contrary to the more popular opinions on a website. Some would have it that if you are 100% for Argyle, Brent, players and manager then you post on pasoti. If you are 100% the other way then you post on ATD. As somebody pointed out quite astutely, a football website is for the views of ALL of the posters whatever their opinion is either for or against and not simply to post a one sided argument.

Jeez.It was clear to you but not to me,thats the whole point.I've re-read his missive [and the rest of the thread going back to Andy Symon's post] a few times and it sort of makes sense in a Roger Irrelevant sort of way.Fine.But can you not see that the source of my annoyance was the "hanger on" comment rather than the argument that he put forward? And for your information,i did not "ask where the ignore button"was.I knew damned well that it doesn't exist and is highly unlikely to in future.There is an ignore facility on PASOTI,i believe.Never used it though,no matter how much some posters may get on my tits.Which maybe would tell its own story about my real attitude to ignore buttons and freedom of speech.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:26 pm

But on the thread I read that isn't the case though Oddball and there are people who post on there with an alternative view to the people who would have you support the club whatever it does. Not a sign that they are being banned anymore so maybe the worm has turned. I find it insulting that just because I don't agree with you for example makes me some sort of pasoti mole. I have my own views and express them. That is my right and I am not led by the nose by anyone else. Nor is my son as far as I'm aware not even me.

I know that you know there isn't an ignore button Greenskin but you implied that if there was one you would use it to blank out tcm. As you say you wouldn't use it if there was then you imply you are not interested in his alternative view. I don't get this "I can't be bothered" attitude on here. If you don't want to listen to at least other opinions then what is the point of a website at all. That by the way is more or less what somebody pointed out to the usual suspects on pasoti earlier and something I totally agree with. What kind of website has everyone agreeing with one point of view?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:30 am

GOB wrote:
There needs to be a new campaign fought that brings the exploits, factual and legit, to the attention of the fans in general and there needs to be focused media attention.

James Brent's associations and lack of will to act should be recognised and his actions of promoting one or two should be considered as an encouragement to inflame the situation. Questions should be asked of James Brent as to why he is content to allow such a situation considering the direct effect that it is having on his clubs customers!

The same questions should be asked of Peter Jones and also Plymouth City Council considering their support for James Brent's developments and the effect that his actions, by way of promoting individuals and association, is having on Plymouth City Council Tax payers!

Time for a new Fanzine?

GOB, If you feel that strongly write to every supporters group & ask for it to be included in their next newletters , EH , WMN, Private Eye, WSC, ROTG & let them know. Maybe leaflet outside HP ?
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:35 am

People insult people on this forum in almost every other post. If you think that's what I do, that's your opinion but I don't quite see what that has to do with sensiblegreeny as I'm 36 years old; I think my actions are mine and not someone else's.

It's the condescending tone of Tring "everything is black and white" Green where he labels anyone that has even the remotest involvement with the club as a 'jamboy' and the fans as 'blind fools'. He uses words and terminology that just do not fit in this instance. James Brent isn't ruling Syria with an iron fist, sending attack helicopters out to silence dissenters and he's not the Taliban beheading people for having a party; he's a businessman that became the chairman of Plymouth Argyle. Using words like junta and politburo and sahib is frankly ridiculous as, in the grand scheme of things, it isn't that relevant to very much at all if James Brent gave Chris Webb an honourary title and allows Ian Newell to sit in the directors box (that's up to him as the chairman). If you sit back and think, who does that actually effect? The BIG issues aren't actually that big unless you've got a chip on your shoulder.
If you didn't know Tring was a gentleman of mature years, you'd think, reading his tirades, that he was this guy.
Statement - Page 6 _40867353_rikyoungones203

Carry on scoring imaginary internet points though and keep on posting your bile - the thing is though, it's all directed at Ian Newell who doesn't post on this forum and doesn't respond to you Tring - seriously, what is the actual point of consistently attacking an individual and making allegations and criticisms when that person doesn't see what you post and doesn't respond?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:42 am

Ha ha ! Am I getting to you hairybloke ?

You are a bit of a puzzle even to my perceptive self. Son of boringbloke, yet equally bizarre and offensive on the farm and on ATD.

How have you managed to survive on there for so long I wonder ?

ps Re your last comment.......... they do see what I post lol!

pps Off for a date with Davina now. This old boy has to keep in trim. Ciao Cool
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:52 am

hairy j wrote:
People insult people on this forum in almost every other post. If you think that's what I do, that's your opinion but I don't quite see what that has to do with sensiblegreeny as I'm 36 years old; I think my actions are mine and not someone else's.

It's the condescending tone of Tring "everything is black and white" Green where he labels anyone that has even the remotest involvement with the club as a 'jamboy' and the fans as 'blind fools'. He uses words and terminology that just do not fit in this instance. James Brent isn't ruling Syria with an iron fist, sending attack helicopters out to silence dissenters and he's not the Taliban beheading people for having a party; he's a businessman that became the chairman of Plymouth Argyle. Using words like junta and politburo and sahib is frankly ridiculous as, in the grand scheme of things, it isn't that relevant to very much at all if James Brent gave Chris Webb an honourary title and allows Ian Newell to sit in the directors box (that's up to him as the chairman). If you sit back and think, who does that actually effect? The BIG issues aren't actually that big unless you've got a chip on your shoulder.
If you didn't know Tring was a gentleman of mature years, you'd think, reading his tirades, that he was this guy.
Statement - Page 6 _40867353_rikyoungones203

Carry on scoring imaginary internet points though and keep on posting your bile - the thing is though, it's all directed at Ian Newell who doesn't post on this forum and doesn't respond to you Tring - seriously, what is the actual point of consistently attacking an individual and making allegations and criticisms when that person doesn't see what you post and doesn't respond?

The thing is Tring was correct in his assumptions years ago while "the blind fools" Very Happy like yourself,Newell and Webb were having a hoot of a time under Stapes and co. The observations about the current odious regime are largely correct, Brent is investing as little as possible to keep the club in existence... barely more and at the same time trying to keep the locals quiet by dishing out silly hats and titles.....which is exactly was the British Empire did in India, his assessment by calling Brent "Sahib" is largely correct, and you say he is wrong for mentioning it on here!!!
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:29 am

oddball wrote:
SG...if you post any negativity on PASOTI you normally get banned.Like whats happened to more than a few on here.No need for insults by the way.Doesn't do your credibilty any good.

It depends how you say your alternative opinion.....I post there but I am not one of them....or do I class myself as one of ATD just because I post here,no I do not.....I also post on other Argyle websites as well.......so I feel independant of the crap that flows between PASOTI & ATD......I think sensible feels the same,although he doesn't post on PASOTI and I don't blame him for that.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:53 am

ZYPH wrote:
oddball wrote:

It depends how you say your alternative opinion.....I post there but I am not one of them....or do I class myself as one of ATD just because I post here,no I do not.....I also post on other Argyle websites as well.......so I feel independant of the crap that flows between PASOTI & ATD......I think sensible feels the same,although he doesn't post on PASOTI and I don't blame him for that.

Some of us don't like the control freaks who 'own' Pasoti. ATD evolved basically because it was a platform from which we could expose and ridicule said control freaks, who were hellbent on silencing any dissenting voices.

The fact that they continue with their skulduggery, which has now spread into the club itself, means we will continue with our mission to expose and ridicule.

It isn't going to change. I really don't understand why the likes of sensiblebloke have chosen to post here ,when he has other platforms that would not cause him such obvious angst.

It doesn't make sense............ or does it ?

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:09 am

For me, the only thing the Mods have ever called it badly wrong about, is letting hairyj off with just a warning, after he made very real and direct threats and suggestions to another poster to meet somewhere 'remote'. Presumably to try and chin him.

It is therefore laughable that hairy gets all uppity about insults and abuse from others.

Hypocrisy personified.
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:40 am

Czarcasm wrote:
For me, the only thing the Mods have ever called it badly wrong about, is letting hairyj off with just a warning, after he made very real and direct threats and suggestions to another poster to meet somewhere 'remote'. Presumably to try and chin him.

It is therefore laughable that hairy gets all uppity about insults and abuse from others.

Hypocrisy personified.

Good point
Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 am

Yes I also thought so at the time that I was not a good call just to give him a warning, I did post that it should be a ban but I am not a mod so what they decided must stand.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:41 am

Grumpy wrote:
Yes I also thought so at the time that I was not a good call just to give him a warning, I did post that it should be a ban but I am not a mod so what they decided must stand.

It does seem odd that Punchie was banned for a week for posting Nazi material in a heated debate, yet hairy gets away with threats of physical violence by PM.

Back to top Go down

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:31 am

Genuine question poodles, have any of you seen the PM and know what it actually said?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:40 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Genuine question poodles, have any of you seen the PM and know what it actually said?

Have you, Dad ?
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:44 am

Just as an observation, if the above had happened on Pasoti, would it not be that some of the very people typing what they've typed would be up in arms about people & old news being rolled out to harangue an opposing view point (& it's author)....

Could it be that these two websites are actually pretty much the same; with one being the Polaroid negative of the other?

Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:51 am

No I haven't Tring as I said elsewhere previously. I have no idea what it said and the question was have any of you?

JonB, exactly. If you don't fit in with the general consensus on here then you get labelled just like on pasoti.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:55 am

....and I would add that whatever I don't know about re Peggy & what's happened to her, both of the threads regarding her seem to me to be awful examples of what can be done on the Internet.

Is anyone actually either enjoying this or finding it useful?
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
Sponsored content

Statement - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement   Statement - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Statement
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next