Mock Cuncher
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Tringreen wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
If you're both good, praps we ought to run a Ryder Cup with that other site?

It's a possibility, I suppose. Although, there's not many over there I would want to spend a day with. Rolling Eyes

Educated w@nker !

I would love a round of golf with your good self and Greenskin one day. I used to have a membership at Staddon Heights many years ago and had the pleasure of a round with ex Argyle winger, Peter Anderson. I believe he still plays.
Not the greatest course but superb views of Plymouth and surrounding areas.

Let us know when you're next over and I'm sure we can sort something out.

One more and we could have the grumpiest 4 ball ever!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:06 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

It's a possibility, I suppose. Although, there's not many over there I would want to spend a day with. Rolling Eyes

Educated w@nker !

I would love a round of golf with your good self and Greenskin one day. I used to have a membership at Staddon Heights many years ago and had the pleasure of a round with ex Argyle winger, Peter Anderson. I believe he still plays.

I'm only grumpy where Argyle and related vexations are concerned Wink
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:35 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Educated w@nker !

i'll have a go. never played in my life, is that whats meant by handicap? closest ive come to golf, was at brizzle city, when their 'supporters' fired golf balls across that park before a cup game in the eighties
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:36 pm

I see Charlie Wood has changed his avatar to Roy Kinnear. Is Charlie the Roy Kinnear look-a-likey?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The older maid on the right has a bit of Anne Robinson about her (without the botox obviously).

It was a really bad Viking Fancy dress party that day as you all turned out in "we support a crap football team" outfits by mistake.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:45 pm

Sneinton Green wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Educated w@nker !

i'll have a go. never played in my life, is that whats meant by handicap? closest ive come to golf, was at brizzle city, when their 'supporters' fired golf balls across that park before a cup game in the eighties

I was onboard a double-decker bus the police herded us into from the train station, there were loads of them waiting, and it came under fire from full berr cans, rocks and bricks and golf balls. They also tried to push it over and I was absolutely crapping myself Razz The police still wouldn't open the dors to let us out so someone opened up the back fire escape and then it was bedlam, rushed out onto the street in the middle of a full blown riot.

I broke my ankle at the replay too, jumping up when we scored, and then we played Arsenal at Highbury and lost 6-1 to one of the best teams I have ever seen. Packed full of Internationals, they ripped us to shreds but was amazing to watch and the atmosphere in the away end was electric.

We now have Aldershot at home to look forward to Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:49 pm

ah, memories
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:09 pm

Sneinton Green wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Educated w@nker !

A handicap is the number of shots a player gets against the par score for the course.Simple equation-if the par score [ie,the number of shots that shuld be taken to play the 18 holes] is 72,then a player with a 28 handicap should go around the course in 100 shots.The system is to ensure that really good players don't monopolise the winning of prizes at clubs and to make things more even and interesting.Professional golfers are so good that they don't have handicaps and indeed would have to give shots to the course.Plympton Pilgrim is a 14 handicapper and i'm a 13 handicapper but i certainly didn't play like one yesterday on the last few holes and my pairing was deservedly beaten by him and his partner,by 2 and 1.Would be good to get a bit of a golf day together,how many more would be keen?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:03 pm

hairy j wrote:
I see Charlie Wood has changed his avatar to Roy Kinnear. Is Charlie the Roy Kinnear look-a-likey?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The older maid on the right has a bit of Anne Robinson about her (without the botox obviously).

It was a really bad Viking Fancy dress party that day as you all turned out in "we support a crap football team" outfits by mistake.

I think you'll find that "older maid on the right" is Andy. The young woman in front of him Is peggy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Thanks knecht. I've been called a lot of things by Argyle fans, but...

Actually I think it was wise to deflect attention from hairy's faux pas. I'm not sure what Peggy would object to most ' 'older', 'maid' or 'on the right' lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:43 pm

so do we get a roll call from left to right or not.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Charlie, Cerbs and son, JonB and son, Chemical Ali, Frank Bullitt, Peggy, Andy Symons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Old Cerbs looks like a lonely old soul on that new website of his, talking to himself lol! lol!

Why dont he swallow his pride, make a brief statement and come back...we wont laugh ...much lol!
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:14 pm

what bus would i get from the spoons in town to the cherry tree?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:16 pm

tcm wrote:

Get a 34 to Ham Drive. There's Cider aplenty at the Cherry Tree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Quantity, but not that great a quality, Mr S....
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 pm

JonB wrote:
Quantity, but not that great a quality, Mr S....

Wouldn't know, what with me being a Real Ale drinker...
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
tcm wrote:

Get a 34 to Ham Drive. There's Cider aplenty at the Cherry Tree Very Happy
thank you andrew,ile do me best,depends how the date goes,
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:45 am

The 35 and possibly the 62 also go that way.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:16 am

thanks ali,
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:27 am

I truly hope there will be photographs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:47 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Charlie, Cerbs and son, JonB and son, Chemical Ali, Frank Bullitt, Peggy, Andy Symons

This photo has been airbrushed. I demand sight of the original as you lot almost appear human. I was lead to believe in books of the time that Argyle fans were lizard like and prefered nakedness to cloth overcoverings. Peggy scrubs up well...there is A Yay or Nay Thread on Exeweb and she would be a yay....ding dong
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:51 am

The Red Star wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

This photo has been airbrushed. I demand sight of the original as you lot almost appear human. I was lead to believe in books of the time that Argyle fans were lizard like and prefered nakedness to cloth overcoverings. Peggy scrubs up well...there is A Yay or Nay Thread on Exeweb and she would be a yay....ding dong

Apparently she can wrinkle her nose and cast spells too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:51 am

Greenskin wrote:
Sneinton Green wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Educated w@nker !

A handicap is the number of shots a player gets against the par score for the course.Simple equation-if the par score [ie,the number of shots that shuld be taken to play the 18 holes] is 72,then a player with a 28 handicap should go around the course in 100 shots.The system is to ensure that really good players don't monopolise the winning of prizes at clubs and to make things more even and interesting.Professional golfers are so good that they don't have handicaps and indeed would have to give shots to the course.Plympton Pilgrim is a 14 handicapper and i'm a 13 handicapper but i certainly didn't play like one yesterday on the last few holes and my pairing was deservedly beaten by him and his partner,by 2 and 1.Would be good to get a bit of a golf day together,how many more would be keen?

I would be interested in a round of golf. I have no classified handicap but play alot home and abroad...would be a 22
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:53 am

My favourite part of that photo is undoubtedly Jon B's sheepskin lining on his jacket. Wotta geezer.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:08 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
My favourite part of that photo is undoubtedly Jon B's sheepskin lining on his jacket. Wotta geezer.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197   The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cherry Tree Cabal/ Freak Meet #246197
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next