Let's just do the business shall we?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Let's just do the business shall we? Empty
PostSubject: Let's just do the business shall we?   Let's just do the business shall we? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:58 am

Reading the comments yesterday from Kevin Nanceville talking up Fletcher as a great managerial prospect and describing him as an ordinary family man who is driven for success. Fletch may turn out to be managerial success and go onto bigger and greater things (hopefully after achieving promotion with Argyle). Personally I will give him my backing as a loyal fan, and I have no doubt Fletch is a driven guy who could potentially do well next season. But heres my gripe, let's just lay off the plaudits shall we, until as a club we have won something, after three crap seasons, I just want to see some good times at Home Park. Let's just get on with it shall we.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Let's just do the business shall we?   Let's just do the business shall we? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:34 am

Agreed about the paudits. We finished near the bottom of L2 after spending most of the season actually in the bottom 2. Most managers would have been sacked for such an attrocious season. Not at Argyle though - he gets treated as the next Sir Alex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's just do the business shall we?   Let's just do the business shall we? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:35 am

Zackly, some people are putting him on a par with Mourhinio for achieving safety last year, I know it was a reasonably big ask but that is a tiny step in the direction that we need to travel.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Let's just do the business shall we?   Let's just do the business shall we? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Errrrrrm...... y'know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's just do the business shall we?   Let's just do the business shall we? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:54 pm

We would have more chance of promotion with Freathy as manager than fletcher, we will struggle to finish higher than last seasons glorious twenty first position with fletcher signing worst players than we got already.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Let's just do the business shall we?   Let's just do the business shall we? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 3:06 am

twentieth place would be the start for the next run of 'year on year' impovement just think we may finish 19th in 2013-2014 Basketball

enjoy the ride
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Let's just do the business shall we?   Let's just do the business shall we? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:11 am

2012-13,bring it on.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Let's just do the business shall we?   Let's just do the business shall we? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:19 am

Although i am looking forward to next season,in the sense that football is back and i will have something to whinge and moan about (although i am doing that right now),i do concede that the team may struggle again.

If Carl Fletcher is to go on to greater things in management (whether that is here long term/or elsewhere in the future),then he will need to get his act together and stop faffing around regarding the signing of new players. Addressing the situation at Argyle is urgent in my view,as it takes time for new players to gel/or get used to a style of play.

I believe that Argyle may falter again in any attacking option they adopt with this current squad assembled,so if any ''other'' new signings do wing it this way one would also hope that they can settle in rather quickly ?.

The dreaded Hoof-Ball is not an option i would welcome,but i feel that we could see a fair amount of that style this season,especially now that the chap from Woking has been added to the squad.

All we seem to be getting at the moment though is rumour and hearsay on potential new signings. Today is the first of July,and i believe (as said on here sometime ago) that many players will now be free agents to sign for whom they want to sign for.

If,as it has been stated,Argyle have sizable funds to sign new players (although i have heard otherwise not that long back),then i hope we do see some activity sooner,rather than later.

A look here sees League Two rivals ever busy - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I see in yesterday's Herald that Simon Walton believes the new season will be a good one - ''Yeah,Right.We'll See''. He has also,along with Darren Purse,been getting the training in early. And good on them too !!.

It will be interesting to see what attitude the team have when they return to action,both in friendlies and the actual campaign itself come August.

I would assume that they will have fire in their guts and a hunger to do better this time around,for all its ills and woes.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's just do the business shall we?   Let's just do the business shall we? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:20 pm

I can just imagine the first game...a scrappy one where we fail to dominate or take control of the ball, a scrambled 71st minute header by Feeney to put us 1-0 up only to be cancelled out by relentless Aldershot pressure..ft 1-1

que the Avivas on pasoti admiring the effort,,etc
The cycle continues
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's just do the business shall we?   Let's just do the business shall we? Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's just do the business shall we?
Page 1 of 1