Is this a business for Risdale

Go down 
+2
Greenskin
pepsipete
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Is this a business for Risdale Empty
PostSubject: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:34 pm

My point is, is Peter Ridsdale considering the football club as a real business or maybe hes treating it like a toy or a game.

Peter Ridsdale needs something good to happen, for his personal image obviously because with regards his previous clubs, lets just save the excuses and say hes not got a fantastic record. Which makes me wonder why he wants to be here, is this a personal image move for him.

Ridsdale has most certainly stressed the idea of administration in the time he has been at Home Park, always saying its the best option and now he seems to stress the fact that we can go for another 12 months in administration, meaning the L2 season can be achieved.

However, does Ridsdale have the best intentions for the actual club and the fans.

Ridsdale needs a good bit of "good stuff" and maybe Plymouth Argyle could become a way for him to do that, maybe he has the image of himself charging in on a horse, a knight in shining armour, ready to save the club and hand peace back to the people.

But. That would most certainly not be a long term investment, after the papers have written the headlines "Ridsdale saves Argyle" or "Ridsdale keeping Argyle stable" they wont write anymore if he continues to own the club.

A theory is that Risdales aim is purely to run the club in administration and then let us go, in no debt, however with no progress on the long term future front. Does Ridsdale really want to get an owner and do a deal, is this BG's thinking aswell, possibly.

Some people may think, ok, we only have to have him for a year but there is always the possible consequence of him leaving us in a worse state than we are in now.

Is this just a chance for Ridsdale to get a bit of good public image, maybe some cash, and then abandon us when the story dies out, ready to go and "bravely tackle another business".

Cobi Budge.

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:37 pm

Well done Cobi, a well thought out piece.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:51 pm

Thankfully, I don't have to waste too much time thinking about Peter Ridsdale and what he wants for himself.
His actions at Cardiff and down here mean I won't be sharing one part of my life with him.... if that includes Argyle, then sobeit..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:32 pm

I think he is in it for the football glory - but his glory not ours.

If he wanted to make money there must be easier ways of doing it then being involved in Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:17 pm

I've always had grave suspicions about his motives,although as Frank says,Argyle are certainly not a great vehicle for money making ambitions at the moment.Long term,maybe he has an eye on any potential property development at HP and profit to be made therein-i believe he has previous connections with Brent,who was/is heavily involved with hotel building and property,via Citibank.The link with Guilfoyle [who did the administration at Leeds when Ridsdale was chairman there] also gives me an uneasy feeling-his arbitrary appointment by Argyle and the subsequent apparent blackballing of other potential buyers has done nothing to quell that unease.I honestly don't think Ridders gives a stuff about how he's viewed in the wider context of matters-he had a bad reputation after Leeds and still followed a rather,shall we say,unorthodox,path at Cardiff.I guess we can hope that eventually we end up in a similar situation to Cardiff,but circumstances are different-they were already partially on the up and up on the back of Hamman's money when Ridsdale joined them,so it will need someone with similar wherewithal to Sam to come in at Argyle and get things started.I'm not optimistic on that score-Ridders has no such personal wealth to call on and the administration process has seemingly ruled out anyone but the mysterious Irish bidders and Brent.To sum up,he ain't down here to admire the views from the Hoe and i await the coming years with some trepidation.

BTW, don't think he always said that administration was the best way to go-for months,the story was that Argyle couldn't go into administration because they were operating without cash,in spite of 51 other clubs following exactly the same route.What would your thoughts be on that particular piece of nonsense?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:05 pm

Good post Cobi!

To say I’m cynical of Ridsdale would be a huge understatement!

When I see the likes of Wrathall and Stapleton, who are both locals and who I’m sure both once had a degree of affection for the club, when I see the likes of those put personal gain before the club, I can’t help but question what the hell someone like Ridsdale wants with a club such as ours. Then there’s a track record that may now provide Ridsdale with a criminal element to his already tainted and appalling reputation amongst virtually every football fan that has encountered Ridsdale at virtually every club that Ridsdale has had an involvement with.

I do think though, that if it’s not Ridsdlale that takes the shirt off our backs it will be someone else.

It used to be a benefit having the club home in Central Park, but the day that PCC allowed Stapleton to get his grubby hands on Home Park was the day our survival clock started ticking, and now our location is a curse for decades to come as vulture after vulture attempts to get their hands on the key to Central Park development, Home Park.

No matter how I look at it things are going to get far worse before they get better, it makes no difference who completes the rape of Home Park and Central Park, the only certainty is that someone will, Ridsdale or otherwise.

Like Pirate, I will have no connection with Ridsdale or any business he is involved with and I believe there will be thousands that will be joining us to provide Ridsdale with the excuse he needs to shut up shop and move the bulldozers in.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:32 pm

Our only real hope is for the Council to realise whats going on, and to compulsory repurchase Home Park at the original price. Would be a good bit of business for the council, but unlikely under current circumstances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:43 pm

I agree Pete but I'm not so sure that our delightful councillors are not involved with the whispers in dark corners.

Remember the S Africa toilet counters and the meetings they had with the new owners that they have never met? All smells a bit shitty to me just like it did when PCC sold Stapes Home Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Good post Cobi (is that really you, it doesn't fit your style?).

The relationship between Ridsdale and Guilfoyle is far too cosy for me. They worked through the Leeds admin process together and it was Ridsdale who appointed Guilfoyle when Argyle needed an administrator.

Ridsdale's "consultancy" fees are 25k a month with the new owner expected to pick up the tab.
We then have Jamie Hart, a football agent who has been "retained" by Argyle over the last few months at 10k a month.
Hart is the son of Paul Hart, who is friends with Ridsdale from their days at Leeds and Barnsley. PH will probably be our next manager if Reid leaves.

I feel the Trust should be questioning all this or at least raise some concern about the flaws and mistakes during the admin process.
But I expect Ridsdale to run rings around everyone and tell them what they want to hear, he's trained for it, it's his part time job..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 am

PL2 3DQ wrote:

The relationship between Ridsdale and Guilfoyle is far too cosy for me. They worked through the Leeds admin process together and it was Ridsdale who appointed Guilfoyle when Argyle needed an administrator.

Ridsdale's "consultancy" fees are 25k a month with the new owner expected to pick up the tab.
We then have Jamie Hart, a football agent who has been "retained" by Argyle over the last few months at 10k a month.
Hart is the son of Paul Hart, who is friends with Ridsdale from their days at Leeds and Barnsley. PH will probably be our next manager if Reid leaves.

I feel the Trust should be questioning all this or at least raise some concern about the flaws and mistakes during the admin process.
But I expect Ridsdale to run rings around everyone and tell them what they want to hear, he's trained for it, it's his part time job..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yeah its mine, why does it not fit my style?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:16 am

It almost seems there's an "old boys network" operating, jobs for mates etc.

What I don't get is where is the money coming from? Obviously the new owner will pick up the tab, but surely he would be smelling a rat by now and asking questions himself?

The other slant is that if the club ends up being liquidated then the monies that PR, the administrator and PR's agent mate are being paid will be taken from the proceeds of the sale of Home Park, so in effect PR, the administrator and PR's agent mate will be liquidating the club?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:19 am

cobipafc wrote:
PL2 3DQ wrote:

Yeah its mine, why does it not fit my style?

No disrespect to previous post Cobi, it's just that this post is a bloody good one and has raised quite a few comments, my guess is that it will raise a few more tomorrow. Well done.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:30 am

Cobi, I meant that that type of post and the excellent questions it raises is not usually the type of thing you post about. Nice one.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:16 am

The ability to step back, look at the bigger picture and raise questions, instead of constantly bleating,"What can we do but support the lads and turn up to fanfests and rattle buckets ?" shows that you are more than the average farm animal. Nay, you have more about you than most of their leaders ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:41 am

I really don't think Ridsdale is in it just to steer Argyle out of the shit and then relinquish control to new owners before riding off into the sunset. There has to be some longer term substantial financial gain for the old schemer. I really don't think he just wants the kudos of 'saving' a club.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:16 am

Good post from "Cobi" I cannot help but wonder how such a colossal change of style, grammar and spelling, not to mention the new questioning stance, has occurred overnight.

Still, good work keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:56 am

seadog wrote:
Good post from "Cobi" I cannot help but wonder how such a colossal change of style, grammar and spelling, not to mention the new questioning stance, has occurred overnight.

Still, good work keep it up.

Well his mentors couldn't have written that piece jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sharkbait

Sharkbait

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:12 am

Ridsdale is the slime'iest sneakiest little snake you'll EVER come across, anyone that trusts this man is a fool, but many will and many will back his ideas to get more money for himself, I love Argyle but hate the Stapleton we have in charge, bit like the last one.
You wait after Friday it will be a big jolly to raise more money for the back pocket of Ridsdale( I mean the club ).
Good post by the way cobi Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sharkbait

Sharkbait

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:16 am

Sharkbait wrote:
Ridsdale is the slime'iest sneakiest little snake you'll EVER come across, anyone that trusts this man is a fool, but many will and many will back his ideas to get more money for himself, I love Argyle but hate the C@nt Stapleton we have in charge, bit like the last one.
You wait after Friday it will be a big jolly to raise more money for the back pocket of Ridsdale( I mean the club ).
Good post by the way cobi Shocked

Haha love the way the swear checker makes c@nt into Stapleton
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 1:53 pm

I don't understnd why people are still confused as to Ridsdale's motives.
The fact is he's already got most of what he came for. He's working in football and he's being paid very handsomely for it. He may well not have all of the dosh in his pocket yet, but he will have come the end of administration. he and Guilfoyle will probably be the only people who come out of this with all their demands met.

Then, with a possible 'ownership in the offing and at the least a CEO/chairman/dictator position, he'll have all the authority he needs to give himself and other connected comapnies a nice fat slice out of next season's takings ... it's how these executives make their money these days ... for services rendered ... they aren't as stupid as allowing their remuneration to be publicly quantified as a wage. How much did his companies charge championship Cardiff before they went into receivership ? The guy is a fiscal thug.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a business for Risdale   Is this a business for Risdale Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a business for Risdale
Page 1 of 1