Go down 
+2
Czarcasm
Mock Cuncher
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

You can't beat a big fried breakfast Empty
PostSubject: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:14 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18490459
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:39 pm

You tok the tok, jock, an I respect that (Lord I do) but I betchyer a muesli man at best.

P'raps a dollop of strawberry jam fer yer sweet toof.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Man V Food! What the f is the matter with peope? I like a good fry up but even a morning after fry is only half the size of that, anybody that eats more than 6 sausages, six bacon and six eggs at a sitting is just plain greedy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:42 pm

That is rather impressive.

Has anyone ever done it?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:49 pm

Seriously, tho.

Does anyone stop to consider that humankind has actually been rather malnourished for much of it's existence. In fact, only in the last 100 (perhaps even 50) years, a mere fraction of the time we've been on this planet, has there ever been an issue with over-eating, and even then it seems limited to those corners of the globe where wealth has made it possible. I think the challenge should be concentrated on the remaining areas where hunger and starvation is prevalent, and then we can worry about the comparitively few in our Western sphere who cannot moderate their diets in the face of the choice and plentifulness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
You tok the tok, jock, an I respect that (Lord I do) but I betchyer a muesli man at best.

P'raps a dollop of strawberry jam fer yer sweet toof.

I had muesli today lol! A fry up is heaven, but not if you have to make it yourself. That's why I don't use Akkeron Hotels, and stay at Premier Inn's. All you can eat breakfast, go back for more as many times as you like, all for £7.

The better half always says I should be embarassed, but if they advertise all you can eat, it would be rude not to take them up on the offer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:56 pm

One of the joys of doing B&B or hotels is always the big breakfast. Always set me up for the day. (As long as they didn't do tinned tomatoes - yeukkkkk!!!!!)

I could never be assed to do it for myself!

My typical breakfast: home-made wholemeal bread, home-made jam or marmalade, tea. And the occasional home-mixed muesli.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Knecht, buuy, tis the 21st century. People who make their own bread belong in stocks.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:26 pm

What's people's thoughts on a fry up?

Mushrooms but not tomatoes (at a push, fried tomato. No tinned stuff as said previously). No black pudding. Toast over fried bread. Beans a must. Eggs fried, ensuring white is not runny but yolk still has some life. At least two sausages and two rashers of bacon, the rest can vary depending on appetite. Half a slice of buttered bread to mop up bean/yolk juice. A squeeze of HP sauce on the sausage. Washed down with orange juice.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Not a mushroom fan myself. My perfect fry-up would consist of...

4 bacon
2 sausage
2 fried egg
2 hash brown
fried bread
beans
2 toast & butter on the side
large black coffee
Fresh O/J
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:04 pm

I'm a serious fry up freak I just bloody love it! I'm not one of the trucker types that has a fry up daily but I could be if I wasn't all that bothered about popping me cliggs before I reached 50 but, now and again I push the boat out for a biggy. That said, the fry up that is in that video clip is slightly to much for me!

I would leave out the hash brown and substitute for two slices of doorstop bread, and the same in toast, must be fresh, and piles of mushrooms & tomatoes.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:08 pm

In the battle of the grease:

Goodbodies vs Cap'n Jaspers...

Any others?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:33 pm

East End Caf. No1 in the fry up charts for me. Jaspers is good after a spin on the two wheeled love machine clown

If you like a posh one then the cafe in the marina opposite the East End Caf is not bad, it's pricey but you get a couple of puddings chucked in.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:48 pm

That is a good feed.I'd have a go at it but a few pints the night before would be needed to even contemplate getting halfway through.Probably worth £15 to have a go,may pay it a visit if we ever play Ipswich or Norwich again.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Weirdly, I'd be much more likely to eat it non-hungover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Greenskin wrote:
That is a good feed.I'd have a go at it but a few pints the night before would be needed to even contemplate getting halfway through.Probably worth £15 to have a go,may pay it a visit if we ever play Ipswich or Norwich again.

I would be up for that!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:12 pm

GOB wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

I would be up for that!

We can but dream GOB.And i'm not talking dreams about the breakfast,unfortunately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:34 pm

My fried eggs have to be cremated so there is no chance whatsoever that there is any runny yoke, just like my 12 minute boiled eggs. As much sausage as they can handle, square if they have it coz it's spicier, fnaar fnaar, same with bacon, except the shape. Love tinned tomatoes or fried. Fried bread or toast, hash browns, sauteed potatoes and shrooms. All washed down with a big pot of coffee. A fry up is the only time I like hp sauce too.

A litre of orange juice and some toast, and if possible some kidney is my perfect breakfast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Kidneys, mushroom & sage on toast. It's a meal I shall have in the next couple of days. But not for bloody breakfast ..... !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:32 pm

knecht wrote:
Kidneys, mushroom & sage on toast. It's a meal I shall have in the next couple of days. But not for bloody breakfast ..... !!!!

Well you can stick yer poncey sage, but what difference does it make when you have it? I often have a slice of cake at 5.30am when I'm making the nippers breakfast, followed by a bag of wine gums.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:01 pm

I like-

2 Bacon
1 Sausage
Mushrooms (hated them as a kid,but love them now)
Fried Egg (as Mock described)
Fried Bread
Black Pudding
Tinned tomatoes orbeans
Hash Brown

Premier Inn do a decent breakfast but I've been sticking to the Continental recently, the Penventon Hotel (Redruth) is also very good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Elvira's spits on the likes of Goodbodies and Cap'n (used to be great) Jaspers.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:16 pm

GOB wrote:
East End Caf. No1 in the fry up charts for me. Jaspers is good after a spin on the two wheeled love machine clown

If you like a posh one then the cafe in the marina opposite the East End Caf is not bad, it's pricey but you get a couple of puddings chucked in.

Had my first "special" in the East End last week. OK but spoiled by the dreaded tinned tomatoes and bread and butter instead of toast. £4.20

Any fry with only one egg is for girls only and I only really trust myself to fry an egg to perfection.

I once polished off a 2kg steak in London to be rewarded with free beer....I left the accompanying potato wedges though as they weren't in the small print.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:27 pm

'The Hideaway' cafe at Faraday Mill is my favourite. The breakfasts are numbered so that the ruffians and rufty tufty trade types that frequent the place can simply go in and say,

"I'll have a Number 2 please Beryl".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:32 pm

The Lock Inn Bradford on Avon does a gert big Boaters fry-up, but not on the scale of the one in the clip.

It used to be a haunt of mine following a skinful, and is usually pretty busy by 7am in the summer with all the river gypsies and the stag party's who have hired a barge for a week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You can't beat a big fried breakfast   You can't beat a big fried breakfast Empty

Back to top Go down

You can't beat a big fried breakfast
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next