Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand new breakfast invention...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Brand new breakfast invention... Empty
PostSubject: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:03 pm

I give you the Grilled egg! This morning I cooked 3 rashers of bacon on a flat tray under the grill, didn't want to get another pan dirty so grilled my egg with the bacon, perfect! I am thinking of going on dragons den with it, who do you think will take it on, I mean Deborah Meaden is the obvious choice as with all her hotels she could really cash in but Bannatine obviously has more money and with his health clubs he wouldn't be into fried eggs. Does anybody have any experience with copyright law, as this will obviously be the next step, getting really excited about this new venture now, it will be bigger than massive and I will probably have to give it a lot more than 110% but the rewards are going to be worth it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:44 pm

I wouldn't bother with Dragons Den, go straight to your bank. The bank manager may piss himself and be so embarrassed in his summer beige suit that he gives you the money.

There was a sort of egg-baking contraption once, like a pod with no water that heated eggs. It never worked on the show and some tw@ still threw money at him. It wasn't Bannatine, he's just a cnut who married his fit secreatary, who's now fleecing him over the divorce, so I reckon it was that lanky streak of piss Jones. He's game for a laugh, but a fuckin egg griller? That's beyond a yoke, and anyone who invested would be eggstremely silly, and might get their fingers burned. Especially if they put all their eggs in the one basket.

Razz Oh I could go on all day, but I have eggs to grill.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Try one in the toaster Iggy and let us know how you get on. Now that would be impressive should it work lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:17 pm

Now I'm no expert, being a vegetarian who doesn't really cook, but I think what you've got there, Iggy, is a fried egg. In bacon fat.

Mind you, I think you can still buy chilled jacket potatoes in Sainsbury's, so it might be worth a go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:22 pm

Scrambled egg IS cooking Peggy. Peeling bannans is close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:32 pm

I can make:

Scrambled eggs (although I'm a bit concerned how you come to know that, Highwayman)

Omelettes (cheese, mushroom or cheese and mushroom)

Cauliflower cheese (of course)

Chocolate rice krispie cakes

Grilled veg and pasta

Macaroni cheese (which reminds me: just put 'spaghetti' in front of virtually any Italian player's name to create an amazing new meal)

Toast

Roasted veg with garlic

Cheese on toast

Jacket potatoes (with or without cheese)

Actually, I'm pretty impressed by that list, seeing I live mostly on raw veg, fruit, muesli and chocolate Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Just a good guess Peggy, have you tried Google earth? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Highwayman wrote:
Try one in the toaster Iggy and let us know how you get on. Now that would be impressive should it work lol!

I did blow up a breville sandwich toaster once by trying an egg, mashed potato and baked bean combo, the egg seemed to turn into a kind of egg based expanding foam, worth a try if you are bored and drunk.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Peggy wrote:
I can make:

Scrambled eggs (although I'm a bit concerned how you come to know that, Highwayman)

Grilled veg and pasta

Macaroni cheese (which reminds me: just put 'spaghetti' in front of virtually any Italian player's name to create an amazing new meal)

Toast

Roasted veg with garlic

Cheese on toast

Actually, I'm pretty impressed by that list, seeing I live mostly on raw veg, fruit, muesli and chocolate Cool

feck me thats boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:54 pm

I've fried bacon on an ugly birds iron, when 12 of us invited ourselves back to hers. The kitchen was so filthy I wouldn't dare eat from the grill or frying pan, but the iron looked like it had never been used and it did the trick.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:18 pm

Peggy wrote:
I can make:

Grilled veg and pasta

Toast

Roasted veg with garlic

Cheese on toast

Do you live like this through choice Pegs? scratch

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I've fried bacon on an ugly birds iron, when 12 of us invited ourselves back to hers. The kitchen was so filthy I wouldn't dare eat from the grill or frying pan, but the iron looked like it had never been used and it did the trick.

That's a euphemism, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Unfortunately not Andy. It was a right mingers Morphy Richards steam iron. She was famous for her late night party's where just about anything went.

Like the Meat Loaf song though, I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, so I had a bacon sarnie, grilled on a steam iron.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:23 pm

Just an observation Peggy and I don't mean to be personal but do you fart a lot?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Just an observation Peggy and I don't mean to be personal but do you fart a lot?

Oh you're so dead SG lol!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Was Ched Evans there? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:41 pm

I did hover over the send button for a minute wondering just that Jock but you know how it is in the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:13 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Was Ched Evans there? Wink

This was nowhere near as plush as a Travelodge, and you couldn't see through the windows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:19 am

DTT: Well - and mercifully for me - you don't live with me, do you?

Czar: Yes. I'm really and truly not interested in food (although I did leave out the microwave Indian food and the Sainsbury's Basic vegetable sausages).

Sensible: No more than most blokes I know, and a lot less than some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:59 am

Talking of horrible food, a mate of mine was round my place after the pub one night, I had a dog that I fed on Pedigree chum, I used to empty half the can and in the morning mix it with biscuits to feed the dog twice a day. I had the leftover bit in a small china bowl, my mate said "do you have anything to eat?" I said "there's a bit of spag. bol. left in the fridge if you want to heat it up", he cooked a bit of toast, microwaved the dog food and sat down and ate it, his only comment "not up to your usual standard." I had such a problem keeping a straight face until he had finished it.
The same bloke invited some people round for a meal and cooked a chilli, he found out when they arrived that one was a vegetarian, he said, "that's all right it's quorn mince" then told them it was meat as soon as they had eaten it, I shouldn't laugh but Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand new breakfast invention...   Brand new breakfast invention... Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand new breakfast invention...
Page 1 of 1