Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Even if Oxford beat us...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Even if Oxford beat us... Empty
PostSubject: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:02 pm

If Oxford beat us next saturday, Hereford and Macclesfield lose, we are 7 points above the drop zone, with 2 games left, we are safe.

That is comforting in my eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:17 pm

What is not comforting is the fact that we still think we can play 80 per cent of games in our own half and still get results. Dont give me the horse shit that we were away against a top side,it is the same tactics that we employ at home against even the most tinpot opposition and even then struggle to win.
Fletcher and Argyle (Binary FC) are a boring team that will struggle to get above mid table next season unless we get someone in who can teach this team of losers how to score goals, and how to attack.

FLETCHER OUT NOW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:26 pm

If Maccs and Bulls go on a charge like the Daggers have done and we screw up, then........ What a Face Shocked

I won't count any chickens until COB on 5 May.

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:03 pm

WOOPY DOO look how far we've come

BRENT OUT!
FLETCHER OUT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:37 pm

Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT!
FLETCHER OUT!

Cerbs likes this.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:52 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT!
FLETCHER OUT!

Cerbs likes this.

Very Happy

You've been spending far to much time on Facebook! clown
Back to top Go down
BadBoy67

PostSubject: Re: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:32 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
What is not comforting is the fact that we still think we can play 80 per cent of games in our own half and still get results. Dont give me the horse shit that we were away against a top side,it is the same tactics that we employ at home against even the most tinpot opposition and even then struggle to win.
Fletcher and Argyle (Binary FC) are a boring team that will struggle to get above mid table next season unless we get someone in who can teach this team of losers how to score goals, and how to attack.

FLETCHER OUT NOW

I am guessing your joking if not your just clueless, Ciderman Dave Smith played an equally boring brand of football and got us promoted no one complained about style of football then, Shilton played balls out attacking football and look what happened there. Simple fact is if your winning no one cares about style i'll wager Crawley fans are delighted with their thuggish style today but if they fall away they will become critics of it.
You have to cut your cloth accordingly and we don't have the players to play pretty tippy tappy football hence the fare on offer, maybe with a couple of close season signings and a decent pre season we'll see a happy medium which i the way of this league.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:39 pm

GOB wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
Freathy wrote:

BRENT OUT!
FLETCHER OUT!

Cerbs likes this.

Very Happy

You've been spending far to much time on Facebook! clown

Ha ha ! we could be fwends I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:41 pm

BadBoy67 wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

FLETCHER OUT NOW

I am guessing your joking if not your just clueless, Ciderman Dave Smith played an equally boring brand of football and got us promoted no one complained about style of football then, Shilton played balls out attacking football and look what happened there. Simple fact is if your winning no one cares about style i'll wager Crawley fans are delighted with their thuggish style today but if they fall away they will become critics of it.
You have to cut your cloth accordingly and we don't have the players to play pretty tippy tappy football hence the fare on offer, maybe with a couple of close season signings and a decent pre season we'll see a happy medium which i the way of this league.

I don't mind a happy medium, but even you have to admit we have been fortunate to hold onto points in the majority of the last 10 games or so. We don't create enough chances and are relying on scoring from the one or two chances we do create. We won't be able to keep a clean sheet every game so there has to be some creativity in the midfield, rather than Walton and Wotton, who may as well be defenders.

On another thread you said that Chadwick has been as responsible as anyone for our turnaround in form, I would say that his first half a dozen games he looked to be a fantastic acquisition, but he has looked tired or injured since then and I would say that without Macdonald we would be already down.

Welcome to ATD btw Badboy.
Back to top Go down
BadBoy67

PostSubject: Re: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Greenjock wrote:
BadBoy67 wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

FLETCHER OUT NOW

I don't mind a happy medium, but even you have to admit we have been fortunate to hold onto points in the majority of the last 10 games or so. We don't create enough chances and are relying on scoring from the one or two chances we do create. We won't be able to keep a clean sheet every game so there has to be some creativity in the midfield, rather than Walton and Wotton, who may as well be defenders.

On another thread you said that Chadwick has been as responsible as anyone for our turnaround in form, I would say that his first half a dozen games he looked to be a fantastic acquisition, but he has looked tired or injured since then and I would say that without Macdonald we would be already down.

Welcome to ATD btw Badboy.

thanks for the welcome, I agree Macdonald is a fine player and i'd like to see him in the middle, but without a hold up man like chadders we're going to defend even more, look how much more defending we do when he's not there Feeney/Macca look better players with Chadwick next to them, when up top together or with Tsoumou they are fighting a losing battle because the harsh fact is Centre halves will win all the ball against them more often than not. i put on another thread that i think our priorities should be a box to box midfielder and a goalkeeper if we can pick up a Feeney that scores that would be a bonus too.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:24 pm

BadBoy67 wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

FLETCHER OUT NOW

I would strongly disagree that the football was boring under Smithy.Agreed,the style was one of getting the ball forward as quickly as possible and bypassing the midfield but it certainly wasn't of a defensive nature and there were some very skilful and creative players such as Coughlin,Matthews,Summerfield,Nelson and Clayton in the side.I get the gist of what you're saying,which i think is that resullts are all important in the long term,but very harsh assessment of the Ciderman,IMHO.

As for Fletcher,i would say that he has built a survival kit to get through this season under exceptional circumstances and deserves credit for adopting a "feck you,this is the way we'll do it" attitude to anyone who disagrees with his methods.Absolutely no different to Pulis and,for those with longer memories,Andy Beattie.Good on him for that,it remains to be seen if he is capable of building a squad which can threaten more,both in attacking terms and in obtaining sufficient points to sustain a promotion challenge.Whoever is charge will need the tools to do the job and for that the ball is in Mr Brent's court.History is against Fletcher-virtually no ex player or first time manager has been successful at HP,it remains to be seen if he can buck the trend.Personally i think he deserves a chance to build his own team and it shouldn't really be beyond any Argyle manager,experienced or not,to make a decent fiist of it in the fourth division and assuming a level playing field.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 pm

If MacDonald stays that would be a huge bonus. Drop him back slightly off Chadwick, and another in a similar role and we might score more.

Under Sturrock first time around we had no prolific strikers but the whole team chipped in with goals. At present we have goal shy strikers, Wootton has scored once, which was a fluke, and Walton has only scored once that wasn't a penalty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:42 pm

I loved Argyle under Dave Smith. Promotion night against Bristol city was amazing. Then in the old league 2 we were a match for anyone on our day.

I have photos somewhere of me with Dave Smith, Stewart Houston and Gary Nelson in Sunderland. Went with the far post club and bumped into the team leaving the hotel for roker park. I think Tynan put us ahead early but they came back to win.

Paul lemon scored their winner with a long range shot which Steve Cherry got a hand to, but it went in off the post. The local paper headline was ""Lemon Cherry Bar jackpot"

Memories of better times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even if Oxford beat us...   Even if Oxford beat us... Empty

Back to top Go down

Even if Oxford beat us...
Page 1 of 1