Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.

Go down 
+9
seadog
pepsipete
Dougie
shonbo
mouldyoldgoat
Tringreen
Charlie Wood
Sir Francis Drake
Czarcasm
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:32 pm

shonbo wrote:
Seems to me, they're just getting on with it on the other site, We seem to be pontificating. I know they've got Nick, but if we've got the cash lets just get on and sponsor a player and not worry about anyone else.

king

that's it for me too, we sponsor a player.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:41 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Pretty poor show by Pasoti. 6000 members yet they can only raise enough for 6 players.

Take Nikkk away and its only 3 from 5999. It's not the contributions that get my goat, it's the Pasoti mods just wanting a pissing contest, which is unfair as they're such a punch of pricks they're bound to win.

The difference is we are supporting the club, but the Pasoti mods are just doing it so that they can keep their snouts in the trough.

The Pasoti users who contribute are doing it for the right reasons though.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Pretty poor show by Pasoti. 6000 members yet they can only raise enough for 6 players.

Take Nikkk away and its only 3 from 5999. It's not the contributions that get my goat, it's the Pasoti mods just wanting a pissing contest, which is unfair as they're such a punch of pricks they're bound to win.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:03 pm

"The PASOTI users who contribute are doing it for the right reasons though"

Absolutely 100% spot on so what exactly is to criticise? There is nothing new in PASOTI having a dig at ATD and nothing new in reverse either. The usual suspects on here are happy enough to ridicule the efforts which are in the eyes of the donators only to help the club they follow and presumably love. Some of those people wouldn't even buy a match ticket so who are they to criticise those making an effort.

So they have a benefactor in the name of Nikkk. So what. He can clearly afford to do what he is doing and chooses to throw his money at auctions and sponsorship. His money not anyone else's. If I chose to sponsor players then I could, if I wanted to sponsor a few myself and it wouldn't make me homeless. I don't choose that which is my own personal choice. I spend around £1k a year on Argyle which I consider enough. There are probably many others who could or do the same. But to just accept that others are doing rather than pontificating is not in the spirit of football forums in Plymouth is it. Somehow it has to be a contest. I agree with Shonbo, if you are serious about sponsoring a player then get on with it. If not then why the collection in the first place unless it was just an attempt to compete rather than support the club.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:07 pm

So what's occurring then? Any news?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:14 pm

I have contributed to both ATD and Pasoti on the basis that both contributions would benefit the club.

The early promises suggested the player sponsorship would be comfortably attained. Thjat appears not to have turned out?

Rather than worry what others are doing an urging to ATD members seems to be in order if they are able to help out. Otherwise it sounds like self pity.

ps to be so plain speaking, the club will not worry where the money comes from as long as it comes in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Sensible of course the idea was to sponsor a player, and the money has now been raised. There was also the suggestion of paying for an advertising board, and even of raising enough for both.

It is the fact that the Pasoti mods have ridiculed this idea because they are "real fans" and any other site about Argyle is obviously inferior to their wonderful site, where your post count dictates how good a supporter you are. It is akin to ATD taking the piss out of Not 606 if they decide to raise some money for the benefit of the club and only managed £100 due to the amount of people who use the site. That would still be a great effort and not something to be sneered at.

I couldn't care less how much Nikkk contributes, and I have openly praised his efforts before, it's the fact that the clique of superfans on Pasoti want to look down their noses at this site because they have a much larger membership. At least the amount he is donating towards player sponsorship is directly benefitting the club with turnover, rather than helping James Brent with the amount he will pay back as agreed when he took the club over.

I have never seen anyone criticise how much money has been raised on Pasoti, and even if everyone does not agree that it should be the fans dipping into their pockets to pay back the staff, the money raised is always applauded. The same goes with Ian Newell. The money he raises and the effort he puts into raising the money has always been praised. It's just the things he does other than the fundraising that leave him open to abuse on here.

Pasoti bashing has become less and less on here lately, and that is how it should be, but I hope that when things happen like Lee Jameson's little tantrum about the Trust AGM date not suiting him, that there are always plenty of ATD users ready to point out what a prat he is making of himself.

Anyway, it's time for us to get our sponsorship sorted out and be happy that we have in some small way contributed to the clubs income this season.
I'm pretty sure we have raised enough now to sponsor one player which is a good effort. What Ponty and Mark Pedlar think of this is irrelevant, as even with Nikkk's massive helping hand, the ratio of members on each site to the amount of players sponsored, shows a fecking good effort by ATD.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
"The PASOTI users who contribute are doing it for the right reasons though"

Absolutely 100% spot on so what exactly is to criticise? There is nothing new in PASOTI having a dig at ATD and nothing new in reverse either. The usual suspects on here are happy enough to ridicule the efforts which are in the eyes of the donators only to help the club they follow and presumably love. Some of those people wouldn't even buy a match ticket so who are they to criticise those making an effort.

So they have a benefactor in the name of Nikkk. So what. He can clearly afford to do what he is doing and chooses to throw his money at auctions and sponsorship. His money not anyone else's. If I chose to sponsor players then I could, if I wanted to sponsor a few myself and it wouldn't make me homeless. I don't choose that which is my own personal choice. I spend around £1k a year on Argyle which I consider enough. There are probably many others who could or do the same. But to just accept that others are doing rather than pontificating is not in the spirit of football forums in Plymouth is it. Somehow it has to be a contest. I agree with Shonbo, if you are serious about sponsoring a player then get on with it. If not then why the collection in the first place unless it was just an attempt to compete rather than support the club.

Rather odd that someone who chooses not to contribute, comes on to a thread to tell others who have contributed, to "get on with it". Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Rather odd that people who wouldn't buy a ticket to a match come on and criticise the club and others who do don't you think? They don't donate to the club either but seem all to willing to have a say on matters and offer put downs in the process.

The comments I made were more to do with the criticising of other people's efforts Czarcasm rather than what ATD has done itself. So what if another site is having it's usual dig at this one, the object of the collection was to sponsor something so what is wrong with ignoring the snide comments and getting on with the object of the exercise?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Aye, this is about ATD not any other site, well done Nikkk for supporting the club, well done everybody/ anybody who has contributed here and on Pasoti.

Who are we getting?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Chemical has been liasing with Elaine James, I imagine he'll be speaking to her tomorrow and fixing some options up.

There's no great rush, I'm sure a shedload of exciting new talent will be drafted in before the start of the season Very Happy Personally, I'm still waiting for Robbie Fowler or Kanu to pitch up.

I did say on the first page of the sponsorship that it wasn't a website competition. If others need to rush around in a cock measuring way that's up to them. I'm not so insecure.

The members on here have done a remarkable job.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:50 pm

"If others need to rush around in a cock measuring way that's up to them"

No point entering the contest Charlie......................... Wink
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Rather odd that people who wouldn't buy a ticket to a match come on and criticise the club and others who do don't you think? They don't donate to the club either but seem all to willing to have a say on matters and offer put downs in the process.

The comments I made were more to do with the criticising of other people's efforts Czarcasm rather than what ATD has done itself. So what if another site is having it's usual dig at this one, the object of the collection was to sponsor something so what is wrong with ignoring the snide comments and getting on with the object of the exercise?

SG, criticism, if any, was aimed at the Moderators of Pasoti. Frank even points out that normal pasoti posters are doing it for the right reasons.

So, as far as I can see, there's been no real criticism of normal peoples efforts.

As Charlie just points out, Chemical Ali is liasing with PAFC, so no need to piss our pants in frustration just yet.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:07 pm

I'd now rather my money went towards a big ass hoarding facing Newell and his buddies fat faces with the words "ATD-THE ONLY DEMOCRATIC, INDEPENDANT ARGYLE FORUM".

Well the words feck Newell would be my number one choice but doubt it'd be allowed!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
The members on here have done a remarkable job.
Except for me.

I am yet to get paid, and well, I'm pretty poor.

I do still intend to honour the pledge...one day.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:03 pm

Nikkk and pasoti have done well to put so much money towards sponsoring players. Some they can sponsor as they had them last year (so are in a sense renewing).

I'll give Elaine a ring tomorrow to see who is available.

I think the fact that we are doing this has upset one or two, Pasoti have about 200 times the number of members we have, so we have done well to raise the amount we have. Having our name in the programme alone will give us more advertising- many argyle fans are already aware/ members of pasoti so the advertising impact for pasoti is far smaller than it is for us.

Well done to everyone on both sites who have contributed. We're not going to win a 'who can piss furthest' competition against PASOTI- Don't forget this website has only been going for just over a year and the fact that this website is growing, has held a Q&A with the chairman and is about to sponsor a player/ advertising board is victory enough.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Nikkk and pasoti have done well to put so much money towards sponsoring players. Some they can sponsor as they had them last year (so are in a sense renewing).

I'll give Elaine a ring tomorrow to see who is available.

I think the fact that we are doing this has upset one or two, Pasoti have about 200 times the number of members we have, so we have done well to raise the amount we have. Having our name in the programme alone will give us more advertising- many argyle fans are already aware/ members of pasoti so the advertising impact for pasoti is far smaller than it is for us.

Well done to everyone on both sites who have contributed. We're not going to win a 'who can piss furthest' competition against PASOTI- Don't forget this website has only been going for just over a year and the fact that this website is growing, has held a Q&A with the chairman and is about to sponsor a player/ advertising board is victory enough.

Spot on and well said Chem cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:40 pm

So by the looks of it we have the player sponsor covered. How much dosh do we have spare then from the fundraising efforts?

Getting a bit confused with so many figures flying about so apologies if it has been stated already

Btw I might be able to bung some more £ in later this week
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Bunga Bunga
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Czarcasm you missed the point completely. You had a little dig at me for commenting on something I have not made a contribution to. I responded by pointing out there are those who comment plenty on Argyle but chose not to make any contribution. I have as much right to comment on this subject and not donate as others have to comment on the things they do not sponsor. I don't see you making the same comment to them when they post or is donating the new criteria before you say anything? If it is then Yea Man's sign wording needs a bit of work on it.

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:02 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
So by the looks of it we have the player sponsor covered. How much dosh do we have spare then from the fundraising efforts?

Getting a bit confused with so many figures flying about so apologies if it has been stated already

Btw I might be able to bung some more £ in later this week

I think we kind of called a halt for the time being for donations as the account contains £672.81 at the present time and the player sponsorship is £660 including VAT.

To raise another substantial amount would be a tough call.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Lets tie up sponsoring a player tomorrow. Instead of wasting more time by debating which player to have, just let CA choose seeing as he's liaising with the club, and for a laugh stick the rest on Argyle to win the league at 25-1 cheers
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:58 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Lets tie up sponsoring a player tomorrow. Instead of wasting more time by debating which player to have, just let CA choose seeing as he's liaising with the club, and for a laugh stick the rest on Argyle to win the league at 25-1 cheers

Agree to all the above.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:49 am

Yeah go ahead and sponsor the most suitable player available. Hang on to any surplus for now
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:52 am

Hey Pete, you on the late shift tonight?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next