Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.

Go down 
+9
seadog
pepsipete
Dougie
shonbo
mouldyoldgoat
Tringreen
Charlie Wood
Sir Francis Drake
Czarcasm
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. Empty
PostSubject: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 am

I had a glance across to Pasoti this morning, and I must say I'm finding it rather amusing how they're almost tossing each other off in excitement at Nikkk subsidising player sponsorships now.

The irony is, that the marketing people in the commercial dept. - whilst having their job done for them - know full well that for that side of the club to grow and thrive, they need to be bringing on board as many different sponsors/companies/organisations as is humanly possible.

Building relationships with as many companies as possible is a massive part of what the club needs to grow and thrive. Brent will know this, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out whether he'd prefer 20-30 companies bringing their booty to the table, or one benefactor subsidising an internet messageboard. Very Happy

Makes me chuckle, it does....

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:16 am

The auction concept has become more than a bit silly now. IJN might just as well just ask Nikkk how much he is going to throw in this time and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:51 am

I don't for one minute think that the desperate scramble for players has anything in the slightest with this site's musing about player sponsorship when everybody knows our real target is a double advertising board under the directors box Wink
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:55 am

Maybe Nikkk and others are wealthy enough to actually buy into the club as walleted directors, to increase the playing budget instead of merely paying off debts owed by the owner to staff etc. ?

I asked this question of Webb a few weeks ago and didn't get an answer.

I think Brent has conned those with silly hats and titles into the sustainable growth model and it will take years before the wider fanbase sees any substantial investment in the playing side of things. As a result only those already 'hooked' will buy in.

Having said that, if I had a few million to invest, I wouldn't be comfortable about giving it to Fletcher.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:01 am

Well having read through some of the posts, this has turned into a feck you and your sponsorship ATD, as they're taking the piss and even laughing about getting an advertising board. It's great that so much money is being raised, although it is stopping the ordinary fan or small business having the opportunity to sponsor a player which they might have done in the past, just to get at this site.

Our support is obviously not required or wanted and I personally don't want the money used towards the club now. If the wankers are so anti this site they would do anything to stop and ridicule the sponsorship we had planned.

I would honestly rather the money raised by us went to a good cause now, possibly the St John ambulance who lost money by us going into administration, than continue to help the club financially, when people like IJN Ponty and the ever generous Nikkk are involved in this elitist shit. If our money isn't needed or wanted then f uck em, give it to somewhere that it is.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:04 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
I don't for one minute think that the desperate scramble for players has anything in the slightest with this site's musing about player sponsorship when everybody knows our real target is a double advertising board under the directors box Wink

Two inward crowd facing hoardings, one in the Lyndhurst, and one facing the massed ranks of Salsa Verde, has always been my prefered option....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:08 am

Actually a donation to The Trust wouldn't be a bad idea instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:10 am

Newell has probably mortgaged his house to try and stop ATD sponsoring a player, well you will have to get a bigger mortgage mate, it's not only Tring, Rick and Gob that you have to compete with now but about 500 people that used to frequent p'bay until you frightened them over here with your internet weirdness, bullying and Deepthroating. jocolor
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Its all very sad!
I must admit I had the same feelings as GJ about the stopping of ATD sponsorship of players and I agree that we should do something different with the money, maybe give it a Plymouth based childrens charity or hospital ward. I would also let the club know what ATD is doing with the money and why.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 12:23 pm

I'M in favour of a big fvck off board on the halfway line facing the grandstand,just to remind the control freaks we are still here.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 12:34 pm

While morally, I agree about being charitable with the sponsorship money, I don't think it's the correct thing to do in this case. People have dug deep on the premise of sponsoring either a player, or getting an ATD advertising hoarding.

Doing a u-turn at this stage would almost equate to throwing our toys out of the pram in an almost 'Cerbera-esque' fashion.

That isn't what ATD is about.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
While morally, I agree about being charitable with the sponsorship money, I don't think it's the correct thing to do in this case. People have dug deep on the premise of sponsoring either a player, or getting an ATD advertising hoarding.

Doing a u-turn at this stage would almost equate to throwing our toys out of the pram in an almost 'Cerbera-esque' fashion.

That isn't what ATD is about.

Ain't that the truth. Keep yer powder dry Wink
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Good point Czarcasm!

But I still think ATD should let it be known to the club that 'they' are making it differcult for the site.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Seems to me, they're just getting on with it on the other site, We seem to be pontificating. I know they've got Nick, but if we've got the cash lets just get on and sponsor a player and not worry about anyone else.

king
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 12:58 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Good point Czarcasm!

But I still think ATD should let it be known to the club that 'they' are making it differcult for the site.

They wouldn't be interested.

Sadly, the club has become the domain of the sort of small minded, parochial control freaks, who will trust in anyone who makes them 'feel' important.

It is so predictably village. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:31 pm

Quote :
Maybe Nikkk and others are wealthy enough to actually buy into the club as walleted directors, to increase the playing budget instead of merely paying off debts owed by the owner to staff etc. ?

I asked this question of Webb a few weeks ago and didn't get an answer.

Nikkk did suggest the very same thing, an offer of help to JB if you like, duing the last knockings of Brent taking Argyle out of admin.

Not sure if Nikkk approached JB (but he asserts he doesnt need money anyway) but with Brents representatives on planet earth meeting Nikkk this past week perhaps plans are afoot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:42 pm

shonbo wrote:
Seems to me, they're just getting on with it on the other site, We seem to be pontificating. I know they've got Nick, but if we've got the cash lets just get on and sponsor a player and not worry about anyone else.

king

It's not that Shonbo, it's the Pasoti mods who have decided this is the best way to have a dig at ATD again, with the aim of stopping this site supporting the club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So basically a bunch of arrogant pricks would rather the club didn't receive the extra income because it has come from here. I shouldn't be surprised by this though, it is the reason that most of us are on ATD and not Pasoti. I had been a lot more chilled out lately and hardly ever bothered looking on Pasoti, but Mark Pedlar, Ponty et al? Tossers of the highest order.

Well they have achieved their aim of alienating some more fans I guess, as they only want a certian type of Argyle fan, jocolor , but the money has been raised with a view of sponsoring a player or getting an advertising board at Home Park, so a board facing the Forza Verde crew advertising ATD would be my choice now.

The club don't care where the money comes from as long as they reach their targets of selling sponsorship and advertising, so why would they be interested in this? If a board isn't available for us, how about a plane trailing a banner? We could have a competition on here to see who gets to choose the script. If I win mine would be along the lines of: PASOTI MODS, C***S THE LOT OF THEM, but that doesn't help this site much, so how about: ATD-A DEEPTHROAT FREE SITE

Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Sorry GJ, there is no talk on that thread about stopping us from sponsoring a player. There is evidence of them getting on with raising money, thanks to Nic and getting on with it. Unless something has been removed on that thread of course.
I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:04 pm

No just the piss-taking about an advertising board thats all. It just makes me laugh when the club are hardly in a position to turn support away.

It's only a couple of Pasoti mods though I suppose, and lets face it, the only other contribution they have made to Argyle recently is to promote and take part in the Deepthroat incident and do whatever they can to damage the Fans Trust.

It's probably best someone contacts the club to get our sponsorship of a player tied up as quickly as possible and just contragulate ourselves for making a contribution to the club, and feck to what is going on elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Greenjock wrote:
shonbo wrote:

king

It's not that Shonbo, it's the Pasoti mods who have decided this is the best way to have a dig at ATD again, with the aim of stopping this site supporting the club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So basically a bunch of arrogant pricks would rather the club didn't receive the extra income because it has come from here. I shouldn't be surprised by this though, it is the reason that most of us are on ATD and not Pasoti. I had been a lot more chilled out lately and hardly ever bothered looking on Pasoti, but Mark Pedlar, Ponty et al? Tossers of the highest order.

Well they have achieved their aim of alienating some more fans I guess, as they only want a certian type of Argyle fan, jocolor , but the money has been raised with a view of sponsoring a player or getting an advertising board at Home Park, so a board facing the Forza Verde crew advertising ATD would be my choice now.

The club don't care where the money comes from as long as they reach their targets of selling sponsorship and advertising, so why would they be interested in this? If a board isn't available for us, how about a plane trailing a banner? We could have a competition on here to see who gets to choose the script. If I win mine would be along the lines of: PASOTI MODS, C***S THE LOT OF THEM, but that doesn't help this site much, so how about: ATD-A DEEPTHROAT FREE SITE

Just picturing Newell and Webby rocking up all starry-eyed to meet Nikkk and giving him a bottle of wine. Gotta be about as cringy as it gets.

"Oh Nikkk! (lick lick, slurp slurp) you're just (lick, slurp,) the best!"

lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:19 pm

If it is right that pasoti (or some people on it) are having a go at ATD, it wouldn't be the first time. Equally, it wouldn't be the first time if ATD had a go at pasoti. If the club are the beneficiaries then that's all to the good.

I vote we sponsor errrr .... who's left?

In the end it's not size that counts. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Sponser a player, and get on with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Player 5 and 6 on the main thread. We just get on with it!

You do Posty, doesn't make you any less of a bellend though does it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Pretty poor show by Pasoti. 6000 members yet they can only raise enough for 6 players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Pretty poor show by Pasoti. 6000 members yet they can only raise enough for 6 players.

Take Nikkk away and its only 3 from 5999. It's not the contributions that get my goat, it's the Pasoti mods just wanting a pissing contest, which is unfair as they're such a punch of pricks they're bound to win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.   Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad. Empty

Back to top Go down

Nikkk's Sponsorship of half the Argyle Squad.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next