HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle Squad moving Forward

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

Argyle Squad moving Forward Empty
PostSubject: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:28 pm

out of contract players

Carl Fletcher
Warren Feeney
Luke Daley
Luke Young
Joe Lennox
Durell Berry
Darren Purse (not confirmed he's signed)

Departing Loans

Alex mcdonald
Ashley Hemmings
Paul Bignot
Juvel Tsoumou

Alot of vacancies in the squad, plenty of room for rebuilding, depending on finance, but there are already alot of decent players being released/out of contract from championship to L2 level, sure we could persuade a few to come down here.

One things for certain, if Brent wants to keep Fletcher, then get it done asap, if not get in who he wants, we need to get it sorted asap and move quickly for targets and have a decent pre-season of stability for a change.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:37 pm

I am surprised at some of those on the out of contract list.

But of that whole list the three it would be awful to lose would be Berry, Young and Purse. I could live with losing the rest.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Wasn't there a clause in Purse's contract that if we stayed up, a further 12 month contract would kick in?

He'd be a big loss if somehow he didn't stay. He's almost worth a contract for his dressing-room presence alone.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Its been mentioned by several sources on twatter that Purse will be playing for Argyle next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:03 pm

knecht wrote:
I am surprised at some of those on the out of contract list.

But of that whole list the three it would be awful to lose would be Berry, Young and Purse. I could live with losing the rest.

I agree with that Knecht, and from the departing loanees I would love Macdonald to join permanently, but by all accounts he was too good for this level, and maybe Tsoumou if Preston would release him on a free. Come on Mr Ridsdale, we know you single-handedly saved us out of the goodness of your heart, but one more favour please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:27 pm

Tsoumou isn't that great in my opinion. First touch like a baby Rhino but suppose he might improve. Trouble is we have had a lot of "might" players over the last 3 years or so.

Purse is a must. Young is a must. Berry and Lennox are a would like. Daley not sure about. Feeney can go for me as I like his endeavour but he just doesn't score enough. We need better if we are going to go anywhere.

Fletcher I'm not bothered about one way or the other. He did his job this season and I wouldn't be upset if he stayed but would not be distrought if he didn't. They need to do something Manager wise sooner rather than later though. Sorting that one out is the biggest must of all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Purse will be here, according to a bit of nudge, nudge, nothing signed yet, but you know.........

Could live without any of the others but rated Tsoumou.

McNugget, was good, but he's physically too small to beat the big defenders that ply their trade in this division. He would blossom in a passing game, but that's not what we do is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Robbie Williams and Damien Johnson are also out of contract.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:30 pm

oddball wrote:

We're counting on Johnson going to free up some spending money. Williams has his weaknesses & his strengths. I wouldn't tear my hair out if he went.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:34 pm

oddball wrote:

I thought he had another year left on his contract. Could be wrong though, cant see him on any of the free agent sites like the other Argyle players.

Why the hell was Soukouna given a 2 year deal scratch
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:35 pm

oddball wrote:

Thank christ for johnson finaly being out of contract, thats gotta be 3 players saleries with just him gone.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:36 pm

As a third center half, who always looked good when i saw him play, when fit, how about Pablo Mills just released by Crawley, only 27, well worth a punt.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm

125+1 wrote:
As a third center half, who always looked good when i saw him play, when fit, how about Pablo Mills just released by Crawley, only 27, well worth a punt.

God shout- another leader too (was Crawley captain until the Bradford brawl).

I see Reuben Reid has also been released by Oldham today (although I wouldn't sign him).
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
125+1 wrote:

God shout- another leader too (was Crawley captain until the Bradford brawl).

I see Reuben Reid has also been released by Oldham today (although I wouldn't sign him).

Reid though is probably better than any striker we currently have at the club.

How about, Leon Clarke, scored 9 in 14 games for Chesterfield in League One, they didnt have any trouble with him there, Or Calvin Zola 13 goals in 33 games for Burton, both out of contract and within budget.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Squad moving Forward   Argyle Squad moving Forward Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle Squad moving Forward
Page 1 of 1