Czarcasm
Freathy
Flat_Track_Bully
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
swampy

Luton or York? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luton or York?   Luton or York? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 6:36 am

The playoffs are great. So many teams with so much to play for for so long in the season. An end to all the pointless and boring dead matches there used to be at the end of the season. All teams know the rules before the season starts, there is in effect an extra promotion place in some divisions now with the playoffs.
It can sometimes be tough on a team who is well clear of another after 46 games but that's life next year that same team could benefit in the same way. I suppose theoretically a team could play 13 games in the Champions league, lose a couple of group games, lose a couple of knock out legs, or not actually win a match but go through on penalties and win the thing on penalties against a team who might have won 12 out of 12 games right up to the final and then lose the final on penalties. Hardly fair but it could happen.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luton or York?   Luton or York? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 6:51 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I've never quite understood the need for playoffs for promotion personally. It is exciting for the winners and a day out at Wembley but for the rest it's agony. Why play 46 games in a season with points awarded for results then for the team with more points than anyone else to have to play in a lottery with other teams for the privilege of going up and often losing out. Anything goes to get the last pound out of supporters pockets I suppose.
Didn't much care who won today out of the two of them but for away supporters a day out in York has to be a better option I'd guess. Nice City and somewhere you could make a long weekend out of.

You've answered your own question in the space of your first paragraph SG.

It isn't about need, but of course it's about the wonga. But it's also about the drama and the spectacle, and then if nothing else, the 3 that fail have made a nice bit of unbudgeted income.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Luton or York?   Luton or York? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:06 am

one of the few lower league grounds ive not been too

pig came over all aviva there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Luton or York?   Luton or York? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:06 am

york, that is
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Luton or York?   Luton or York? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:42 am

Luton - 4 short stops on the train for me
York - 4 hours on the train for me

Therefore I shall not be going to York. Feel free to shout at me for not being a true fan lol!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Luton or York?   Luton or York? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Freathy wrote:
It's a travesty that Luton are non-league with their pedigree. So it's the Hatters for me.

That's exactly what their billy big bollox supporters think too, so it's York for me all the way... who won by the way? sorry been busy this weekend in Northamptonshire Very Happy

woo hoo another I got right, same as Torquay choking again, we're in the money, we're in the money Laughing Cool

Last edited by Sandford_Grecian on Mon May 21, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : read the rest of the thread innit :-))
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luton or York?   Luton or York? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luton or York?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2