Les Miserable
AstiSpumante
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 12:29 pm

Not going today, snotty nose, sore throat and chesty cough(what a plaaaaastic pussy) I'm pissed off cause it's a beautiful day for football and I think it's going to be an entertaining, high scoring win for the Greens, come on bheys.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 12:59 pm

2-1 to the Argyle and another 8 game unbeaten run please! jocolor
Back to top Go down

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 1:28 pm

Feckin van is in the garage again, FFS! Budget not running to having fun for a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Lived in York for a while, so have a soft spot for them. Think we'll win by two clear goals.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Argyle: 23 Luke McCormick; 28 Anthony O'Connor, 5 Curtis Nelson (capt), 29 Peter Hartley; 2 Kelvin Mellor, 4 Lee Cox, 17 Bobby Reid, 11 Dominic Blizzard, 13 Andy Kellett; 9 Reuben Reid, 7 Lewis Alessandra.
Substitutes: 1 James Bittner, 3 Ben Purrington, 6 Ollie Norburn, 8 Jason Banton, 14 Tyler Harvey, 19 Nathan Thomas, 22 Deane Smalley.

York: 29 Aleksander Cisak; 2 Marvin McCoy, 3 Femi Olesanmi, 7 Michael Coulson, 8 Luke Summerfield, 9 Wes Fletcher, 10 Russ Penn (capt), 12 Josh Carson, 15 Keith Lowe, 38 Stephane Zubar, 39 Jake Hyde.
Substitutes: 5 John McCombe, 14 Lewis Montrose, 17 Bradley Halliday, 19 Diego De Girolamo, 20 Lindon Meikle, 24 Michael Ingham (gk), 25 Carlton Morris.

McHugh injured, Bob Reid in, would imagine O'Connor will drop into the back three in place of McHugh.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Very Happy Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 3:06 pm

Bob Reid or OG ? 1 - 0 either way Very Happy
Back to top Go down

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 3:11 pm

green armeeeeeeee bounce jocolor bounce jocolor
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 3:19 pm

Get in there!
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Delayed reaction Les, slow internet connection ?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 4:41 pm

Been driving all afternoon mate never type while driving.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 4:49 pm

Evil or Very Mad Mad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 4:50 pm

Bollox, feels like a defeat.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 4:54 pm

Good side York laugh
Back to top Go down

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 4:54 pm

brent out
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 4:56 pm

At least that twat tigerfuckwit is positive on the farm with our one game unbeaten run......
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 4:57 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
brent out

not sherry?.........................
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 5:01 pm

PatDunne wrote:
At least that twat tigerfuckwit is positive on the farm with our one game unbeaten run......

tigerfuckwit:lol!:
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 5:20 pm

1 point against struggling small clubs like Mansfield and York almost certainly mean a midtable finish, which by Brent standards is a glorious truimph.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 5:39 pm

Should have won this comfortably. Sucker punch at the end. No more, no less.

Ah well, Chinese now on way home
Back to top Go down

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 5:56 pm

Meh.

Nice to see the club sticking with the theme of 'leading you on before a fall' etc etc.

How gracious of them to continue the tradition.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 6:04 pm

Jesus wept.How Argyle threw that away defies belief but throw it away they did. It was in fact a very good performance today overall but the earlier doubts that some of us have harboured about the all round goal scoring capabilities of the team were confirmed today in costly spades. Cracking first half, Bobby scored with what looked like a very deflected shot early on and it seemed that York were there for the taking but to their credit, they created probably the best two chances in an end to end half. The pattern in some matches at HP this season has been for Argyle to hold on to leads in the second half but not today, York were pretty much battered for it's duration and should have been dead and buried long before the end, they offered no threat at all. Thought the ref and linesmen were mediocre today and what looked like a foul on Mellor was given the other way, ball into the box in the fourth minute of injury time, scramble at the near post and was touched over the line for the equaliser-real smash and grab, daylight robbery stuff. But it's no good saying unlucky or whatever-York should have been buried by wasteful Argyle, thought the best chance fell to Lewis, who spoiled an other wise excellent display by blasting over when clean through. A real kick in the bollocks was this, maybe food for thought for the manager about revamping the team both in personnel and formation.
Back to top Go down

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 6:31 pm

AHHHH

Last edited by Angry on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 6:56 pm

Commiserations to Czar and Greenskin if you stayed until the bitter end to witness the York equalizer, it sounded like a cruel blow. Sparkes and Davy seemed pretty pleased with our performance while bemoaning our inability to kill the game off.

I'll say it again for the third week in a row, with the exception of R Reid, our lack of goals throughout the team is going to be(has already started to be) costly.
Back to top Go down

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 6:57 pm

First off all i like to ask was there some sort of uni special on today at the game? as i got told by the club that my usual seat was not available wouldn't say why (even though throughout the game it was empty) and i had to sit down the block instead where i saw an awful lot of hipster students larking about. This seems very strange to me. Plus also why is THE Chris Webb not sitting with his beloved Forza Nerde group in blocks 3-4? surely after all the BS he caused to get them those two blocks he would go join his brethren and sit well away.

On the subject of FV i admire the lame attempt of appauleding Phil Hughes at the 64th minute mark even though hardly anyone joined in and i think more would have if it was known in advance like the national anthem at the Pompey.

Anyways, In the words of Sir Bruce it was a Good game Good game, but it sadly ended on a didnt they do well note.

To put it in a nutshell we threw away 3 points today and imo im not shocked that we did.

Thats not to say we didnt play well because we did it was an enjoyable game too watch but we just didnt get that 2nd goal that in my eyes would have sealed the game.  Greenskin said it best  
Quote :
but the earlier doubts that some of us have harboured about the all round goal scoring capabilities of the team were confirmed today in costly spades.

B.Reid i trust can be the saving grace if teams are going to have R.Reid marked out of the game more otherwise we are fooked.

Also i have to say if we are going to sit on a 1-0 lead at home after york make all their subs then bring on someone to boast the midfield numbers in place of R. Reid to allow cox to drop back more in defence as we dont seem to have a defender to chuck on other than Bentley and he doesnt seem to be playing any football anytime soon. I say till Jan Wotton better hit the gym and be ready to play so we do have defensive options on the bench till we can bring in someone.
Smalley is fecking awful and wasted two golden chances that Heskey would have trouble missing. I really hope he goes in January.

Overall We are in the playoffs still which is great with a point gained but it really should have been 3 and this may come back to haunt us come May.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

York Match Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: York Match Thread.   York Match Thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

York Match Thread.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next