Mock Cuncher
mouldyoldgoat
Charlie Wood
Chemical Ali
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Luke McCormick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I don't think he should be able to make a very good living like being a professional footballer. Go and do a coaching job, paying back children with his skills and expertise. Work for a charity or work from home. I don't ever want to see him again, or hear about him, because if he has any shame he shouldn't even consider a position in the spotlight again.

There was a similar thread to this before and like I said then, fans may not give him so much adulation because of his past actions, but what about when he makes an amazing penalty save?

Sorry but for me he should keep as low a profile as possible.

How would you feel if he stood against you in an election Lee? I'm sure you would be the first one printing leaflets pointing out his misdemeanour, and making it a huge issue.

Greenjock, he is a covicted criminal so is barred from standing for office.

This must be the most irrilivant question of the year!

Last edited by Lee Jameson on Fri May 11, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Several things wrong with your post Mr Jameson and the first one is you stand "for" office not "from" office.

The second one is that a criminal conviction does not preclude a person from standing for election. To be a local Councillor for example you cannot stand if you have served a prison sentence within the last 5 years prior to your nomination. That does not mean you can never stand. Have you heard of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Several things wrong with your post Mr Jameson and the first one is you stand "for" office not "from" office.

The second one is that a criminal conviction does not preclude a person from standing for election. To be a local Councillor for example you cannot stand if you have served a prison sentence within the last 5 years prior to your nomination. That does not mean you can never stand. Have you heard of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act?

First of all please feel free to call me Lee, Mr Jameson makes me feel old.

Yes I am aware of the ROA, I was posting regarding Parliamentary and not Council level.

Stand by my post where I state it is irrilivat question to ask.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 7)
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:34 pm

I think the bottom line is that his goalkeeping ability is of a standard that he could easily perform in The Championship. With that comes a salary comfortably in to six figures.

The chances of him turning his back on that to 'give something back' through coaching kids etc. is zero.

The baggage that will come with him would be too much for a lot of Argyle fans, but I reckon he'll sign elsewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Wrong again I think as the rules for Parliament are less stringent than for local Councillor. A person cannot stand for Parliament if they are currently serving a sentence of more than 12 months. Brought in when Bobby Sands stood and was elected whilst in prison in Northern Ireland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
I don't think he should be able to make a very good living like being a professional footballer. Go and do a coaching job, paying back children with his skills and expertise. Work for a charity or work from home. I don't ever want to see him again, or hear about him, because if he has any shame he shouldn't even consider a position in the spotlight again.

There was a similar thread to this before and like I said then, fans may not give him so much adulation because of his past actions, but what about when he makes an amazing penalty save?

Sorry but for me he should keep as low a profile as possible.

How would you feel if he stood against you in an election Lee? I'm sure you would be the first one printing leaflets pointing out his misdemeanour, and making it a huge issue.

Greenjock, he is a covicted criminal so is barred from standing for office.

This must be the most irrilivant question of the year!

it was a hypothetical question, like yours was Lee. If that's "irrilivant" then so is your question, unless of course you know something we don't about his release and the possibility of him playing for us again?

You asked for our views and I gave you mine. I would rather eat shit than see him play for Argyle again, no matter how good a keeper he is or was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Wrong again I think as the rules for Parliament are less stringent than for local Councillor. A person cannot stand for Parliament if they are currently serving a sentence of more than 12 months. Brought in when Bobby Sands stood and was elected whilst in prison in Northern Ireland.

If I am wrong I am wrong, no big deal to me but I will look into it.

Sorry GreenJock but you are not a very nice person, really can't be bothered engaging with you on any level.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I think the bottom line is that his goalkeeping ability is of a standard that he could easily perform in The Championship.
Is it?

Was it ever that high?

I'd have him as a L1 keeper at best, and that's without a 5 year gap in his career.

I'm sure he could find somewhere in the professional game that'd have him, mind.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Why am I always suspicious when people like Jameson asks questions?

Anyway, Luke's served his time and has to rebuild his life. I hope he makes a success of it, though not at Home Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:39 pm

I dont see him retrning to football. There will be "Child killer" chants everywhere, with some scum who follow football using the suffering of a family to try and put off an opposition player.

I am sure he is a cleve rboy who can make a decent life for himself outside football, I cant see him coming back with his baggage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:45 pm

It's all in opinion I know Mock Cruncher but I always thought he would go a very long way in the game. Go so far as to say premiership eventually. A complete waste of a talent for me. But a talent that should not be seen again in public. Sorry but these convicted players should be binned. These are potential roll models for youngsters and it should not be seen to be ok to commit a serious offence and then come out to earn thousands as if nothing has happened. Again just opinion.

Lee Jameson it should matter to you as you were the one who dismissed somebodies opinion as irrelevant because of that very point. You now come over all childish with the "I'm not speaking to you" school playground stuff. Why did you ask a question if you didn't want people to answer and put it on a general chat website if you only wanted certain people to answer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It's all in opinion I know Mock Cruncher but I always thought he would go a very long way in the game. Go so far as to say premiership eventually. A complete waste of a talent for me. But a talent that should not be seen again in public. Sorry but these convicted players should be binned. These are potential roll models for youngsters and it should not be seen to be ok to commit a serious offence and then come out to earn thousands as if nothing has happened. Again just opinion.

Lee Jameson it should matter to you as you were the one who dismissed somebodies opinion as irrelevant because of that very point. You now come over all childish with the "I'm not speaking to you" school playground stuff. Why did you ask a question if you didn't want people to answer and put it on a general chat website if you only wanted certain people to answer?

Why did GJ have to bring me into it, I mentioned no individuels!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:52 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Why am I always suspicious when people like Jameson asks questions?

Anyway, Luke's served his time and has to rebuild his life. I hope he makes a success of it, though not at Home Park.

Has he given his ATD account password to someone. His spelling appears to have gone downhill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

If I am wrong I am wrong, no big deal to me but I will look into it.

Sorry GreenJock but you are not a very nice person, really can't be bothered engaging with you on any level.

So says the slimeball politician? Try telling someone who gives a shit Lee.

You asked for people's opinions and I gave mine. Like I did recently in a thread I started about Sheffield Utd fans planning to chant Ched Evans name and applaud him the week after his conviction for rape. Football fans seem not to give a shit what their heroes get up to as long as they're banging in the goals or saving the penalties as it would be in Luke McCormicks case.

And I was also just pointing out that if he decided to stand in an election against you rather than pull on an Argyle shirt again, that I'm sure you would be just as magnanamous and would say that he has served his time let him get on with his life, whilst letting the potential voters all about his past. Probably under a pseudonym rather than your own name though, as thats more your style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Because it's called debate and you were the one who posed the question in the first place. Without actually giving your own opinion may I add. Which is?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Because it's called debate and you were the one who posed the question in the first place. Without actually giving your own opinion may I add. Which is?

I think he should be allowed to play again, have mixed feelings regarding a return to Plymouth Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:13 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I think he should be allowed to play again, have mixed feelings regarding a return to Plymouth Argyle.

NIMBY then? So who can he play for and it's Ok? If he signed for Exeter, the Argyle fans would hate him all the more and give him 10 times more stick than if he signed for us.

And if he did re-sign for us and played outstandingly every game it would all be forgotten. Hypocrisy at it's worst, but football fans on the whole are like that.

I would hope he isn't daft enough to consider playing professional football again, just like you shouldn't ever consider standing for a place on The Argyle Fans Trust in the future. There is a line that shouldn't be crossed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

NIMBY then? So who can he play for and it's Ok? If he signed for Exeter, the Argyle fans would hate him all the more and give him 10 times more stick than if he signed for us.

And if he did re-sign for us and played outstandingly every game it would all be forgotten. Hypocrisy at it's worst, but football fans on the whole are like that.

I would hope he isn't daft enough to consider playing professional football again, just like you shouldn't ever consider standing for a place on The Argyle Fans Trust in the future. There is a line that shouldn't be crossed.

That remains to be seen, I won't be coming to you for advice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Cerbs likes this!Luke McCormick - Page 2 Smiley_thumbs_up

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Ah so that's why you posted the question tonight. You think you have abstained from posting long enough for people to forget your part in The Trust/ Deep Throat shenanigans, and you might want to be involved in The Trust again?

You don't need to come to me for my advice about you playing a part in The Trust again, but I'll give it to you anyway,

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:43 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Ah so that's why you posted the question tonight. You think you have abstained from posting long enough for people to forget your part in The Trust/ Deep Throat shenanigans, and you might want to be involved in The Trust again?

You don't need to come to me for my advice about you playing a part in The Trust again, but I'll give it to you anyway,

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

You really don't have a clue do you?

One day you will wake up and smell that coffee and it won't be pleasent buddy!
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:53 pm

What makes you think that he is of good enough level to get a full time club ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:57 pm

downthetrack wrote:
What makes you think that he is of good enough level to get a full time club ?

Typical. A pleasant and calm exchange of views on football and someone has to spoil it by introducing controversy.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:03 am

I voted for you to become a mod as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:22 am

Lee Jameson wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

You really don't have a clue do you?

One day you will wake up and smell that coffee and it won't be pleasent buddy!

What, I don't get that you and your buddies, of which I'm not one, are unhappy about something to do with The Trust so you colluded to come up with a cowardly way of having digs against some of the existing members of The Trust board, because you weren't men enough to do it under your own names.

I have no idea why Lee, but I don't care either. If The Trust isn't doing what you want it to at the moment then maybe you and your buddies should have stuck around, but you didn't so tough shit. If your aim is to force another election by undermining absolutely everything they do at the moment, then good luck if you stand Lee.

You started this thread and didn't like my input. It looks like anyone who doesn't share your view gets treated the same way.

I have no idea what your agenda was with the Deep Throat shit, but I know it was cowardly and underhand, and it was also my first impression of you. I have no leanings towards anyone on The Trust board, and have not been involved in any of the "controversial" past which involved releasing almost all of The Trusts funds, however well intentioned it was, and now the Trusts poor bank balance is one of the "points" he is suddenly concerned about.

Your stooge Leigh Rapson is doing more harm than good for your cause at the moment with his nitpicking, and as far as I can tell, most people can see that he's not the Lone Ranger and that the aim is to damage The Trust and isn't at all interested in it's well-being.

So no I have no idea Lee, and if your actions in the Deep Throat/Windsor Boy episode are anything to go by, then I'm glad I haven't.

Not quite cricket Lee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next