mouldyoldgoat
Charlie Wood
Chemical Ali
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Would be interesting to have the view of ATD.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=66821
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Done his time, that's it, don't think he needs punishing for the rest of his life, his conscience should do that for him.
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:20 pm

He's done his sentence and should be allowed to get on with his life.

He didn't choose the sentence and everybody makes mistakes. A huge mistake which he has to now live with for the rest of his life.

I don't think he'd come back to Argyle in a million years, surely a fresh start for him is his best option.
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:21 pm

He's been punished. His punishment is almost up. That should be the end of it. The only thing I'd add is the degree to which he has shown contrition is important.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:24 pm

He served his time (although the sentence did seem very short) and has the right to live his life.

Don't think he'll return to Argyle/ professional football- the Sun would have a field day. Other footballers have returned to the game after prison spells - Tony Adams (drink driving), Marlon King (Assault/rape?) and Lee Hughes (hit and run) so it is possible, but it does need strength of character.

I do know that when he was in Channings Wood he wasn't even allowed to train/ play for the football side because the media could use the story "Killer footballer returns to game in prison" etc.
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:34 pm

I just don't know.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:52 pm

I'm sure there was a thread about this on there recently when the hang 'em and flog 'em brigade were out in force. I'm ambivient about it as I think, certainly personally when I've driven tired, there but for the grace of God go I.

He was a very good keeper but I can't see any way he could return to professional football. As others have said he has to live with the consequences of that morning for the rest of his life.
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:28 pm

Given the recent "good will" shown towards us by the wider football community in the wake of the administration disaster i hardly think that re-signing a convicted child killer will endear us in a good light.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 8)
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:44 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Given the recent "good will" shown towards us by the wider football community in the wake of the administration disaster i hardly think that re-signing a convicted child killer will endear us in a good light.

He is not a convicted child killer, making such statements could lead to you facing the courts.

Luke pleaded guilty and was sentenced on two counts of causing death by dangerous driving.

There is a lot of difference between the two acts!
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:51 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

He is not a convicted child killer, making such statements could lead to you facing the courts.

Luke pleaded guilty and was sentenced on two counts of causing death by dangerous driving.

There is a lot of difference between the two acts!

Well sorry Mr Petracelli lol! don't go all legal with me.....you aren't on Crapotti now you know!

I just wouldn't be comfortable with him playing for Argyle again....im sure many feel the same
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:54 pm

I must admit I do not want him back at Argyle.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:55 pm

He was convicted. he killed children.
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:01 pm

I hope this is not one of those "Would you welcome Tony Wrathall back to Argyle" type questions.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I hope this is not one of those "Would you welcome Tony Wrathall back to Argyle" type questions.

Who? Suspect

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Not at all. I can understand why members of this establishment would feel uncomfortable with Luke returning to Argyle, however I will state again he is no child killer.

Not at any point to Luke stab, strangle or kill those boys with malice intended !
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:13 pm

The trouble is he will have to face the vigilantes of the Sun.
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:17 pm

knecht wrote:
Not quite. I'm with LJ on this.

In the eyes of the law two children died as a result of his actions. They were not premeditated. He did not set out to kill anyone.

I'd have him back. He'd be ideal - he'd be bloody cheap! Very Happy

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 6)
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:22 pm

Cerbera wrote:
knecht wrote:

Not quite. I'm with LJ on this.

In the eyes of the law two children died as a result of his actions. They were not premeditated. He did not set out to kill anyone.

I'd have him back. He'd be ideal - he'd be bloody cheap! Very Happy

I actually agree with you. I was just responding to the pedantry of 'he's not a convicted child-killer'. (My pedantry would enable me to represent England in the Pedantry Olympics Very Happy ).

I just don't get people who want a punishment and then a pound of flesh. But, as I implied in my first comment, I would have a different view if he came out asking what the fuss was all about.
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:32 pm

He done that appalling crime and he's done the time, but If he has any sense he wouldn't come back and the club wouldn't want him back, for everyone's sake.

Best if he just drifts off into the unknown and lives a quiet life.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:38 pm

GOB wrote:
He done that appalling crime and he's done the time, but If he has any sense he wouldn't come back and the club wouldn't want him back, for everyone's sake.

Best if he just drifts off into the unknown and lives a quiet life.
This.

If he wants to work in the community coaching kids, that'd be good.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Dougie

Dougie

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:39 pm

He's entitled to get on with his life and play football again.

Personally I wouldn't want him back at the club and wouldn't knowingly watch a game he was playing in. Not least because there would be some who would find it an excuse to abuse him and others who would think he deserved some sort of round of applause. He deserves neither.

Hopefully he'll never drink and drive again. And the only example he should be is as a reminder to anyone who drives after drinking not to do it.

I'll always forgive but won't forget.

Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:00 pm

If he returned to playing professional footy he would get abused up and down the country....best if he retired gracefully.
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:09 pm

If you were the surviving member of that family you wouldn't forgive quite so easily I'm sure Dougie. Let alone forget.

There is no way on this earth he could ever come back to this club and work let alone take to the field. The supporters just would not have it and rightly so. I cannot see how he could go to another UK club either because supporters everywhere in the UK would not take kindly either. Quite possibly nor would any team of players either. If he continues in football after his release it must surely be outside of the UK.

He didn't make a mistake that day he CHOSE to drive when he knew he was not fit. That isn't a mistake it is a choice. He didn't mean to kill anyone but he has destroyed a family by making that choice nonetheless. He will have to live with himself for the rest of his life and I hope he finds it very hard. He has paid his legal dues and law wise that is the end of the matter but I could never forgive him for what he did personally.
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:20 pm

He has done his time, he should not be prevented from playing again, although I do not think he would be best advised to play in this Country. Argyle should stay well clear
Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:42 pm

I don't think he should be able to make a very good living like being a professional footballer. Go and do a coaching job, paying back children with his skills and expertise. Work for a charity or work from home. I don't ever want to see him again, or hear about him, because if he has any shame he shouldn't even consider a position in the spotlight again.

There was a similar thread to this before and like I said then, fans may not give him so much adulation because of his past actions, but what about when he makes an amazing penalty save?

Sorry but for me he should keep as low a profile as possible.

How would you feel if he stood against you in an election Lee? I'm sure you would be the first one printing leaflets pointing out his misdemeanour, and making it a huge issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Luke McCormick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke McCormick   Luke McCormick Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke McCormick
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next