Mr President
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr President

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi All

I am delighted to announce that a committee has been formed for FV1886. The committee will aim to boost the noise, vibrancy and atmosphere at Home Park even more in the coming seasons.

We will also be launching a FV1886 range of merchandise in the summer.

We will keep everyone updated on any developments as and when they happen.

The committee members are

Sue Pollard
Zandra Godfrey
Steve Riggs
Charlie Rose
Andrew Bradford
Christopher Whyte
Nick Tomlonson
Connor Clarke
Jake Sykes
Matt Waterworth

Regards

Chris

Last edited by Mr President on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Mr President wrote:
Hi All

I am delighted to announce that a committee has been formed for FV1886. The committee will aim to boost the noise, vibrancy and atmosphere at Home Park even more in the coming seasons.

Sue Pollard
Zandra Godfrey
Steve Riggs
Charlie Rose
Christopher Whyte
Nick Tomlonson
Connor Clarke
Jake Sykes
Matt Waterworth

Regards

Chris

What, no Windsor Boy? Shame, he seemed to have a big following.
Back to top Go down
ilovegreen

ilovegreen

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Chris,

Will the flag be getting washed every few months next year? I don't want to nitpick but its got a point where its quite disgusting now. Dirty and smelly.

Other than that, very pleased with FV.

Back to top Go down
Mr President

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:34 pm

ilovegreen wrote:
Chris,

Will the flag be getting washed every few months next year? I don't want to nitpick but its got a point where its quite disgusting now. Dirty and smelly.

Other than that, very pleased with FV.

Yes bud it certainly will be!
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Whooppeeee Dooooo!!!! Gee thanks. Just keep it in the Devonport end please and don't enforce it on the rest.
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Windsor Boy must not have put his name forward then? Oh no I remember now he's ill and can't drink alcohol so probably not well enough to attend meetings.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:58 pm

"ONE FLAG, YOU'VE ONLY GOT ONE FLAG, YOU'VE ONLY GOT ONE FLAG, YOU'VE ONLY GOT ONE FLAG".

"ONE FLAG...................................................................................................................................
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:34 pm

Will the new committee be voting to change the Forza Verde logo to a picture of Windsor Castle?
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Mr President....If you want to boost the noise,vibrancy and atmosphere at HP next season why doesn't the club re open"Zoo Corner" and the "Mayflower Enclosure."Those two areas used to generate a fair bit of noise not that long ago.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:55 pm

ONE FLAG Lord Tisdale but we have a few more thousand fans !.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Maybe the "noise and vibrancy" can be increased by not by flags, whistles and the right merchandise but by the fans being served up better football on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Tavypilgrim

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:46 pm

oddball wrote:
Mr President....If you want to boost the noise,vibrancy and atmosphere at HP next season why doesn't the club re open"Zoo Corner" and the "Mayflower Enclosure."Those two areas used to generate a fair bit of noise not that long ago.

I agree about the Zoo corner to a degree, although I can see it doesn't make financial sense until crowds improve. As for the Mayflower enclosure is there really any point in renting all the seats etc. again? The club is not allowed to re-open it as a standing area.
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:22 pm

Tavy...So the "Mayflower Enclosure" could be a "ghost" enclosure for years and years,which seems a pity,as it was a popular spot for lots of fans especially behind the dugouts,I even believe "Penz" used to be a regular.As for not opening "Zoo Corner" thats an OG, as it was a very popular and vocal area.To say we cant open it again for the want of a few stewards is a lame excuse in my book.When Argyle attack the Barn Park end there are simply no fans to cheer the team on.I remember many a time when Argyle have scored at that end that the players would rush to the front of the "Zoo Corner" to celebrate.I guess we are starting a new era with FV 1886 but its not one that I am happy with.
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:13 pm

Mr President wrote:
Hi All

Sue Pollard
Zandra Godfrey
Steve Riggs
Charlie Rose
Andrew Bradford
Christopher Whyte
Nick Tomlonson
Connor Clarke
Jake Sykes
Matt Waterworth

Regards

Chris

Ere where Ian Newell ?
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:48 pm

oddball wrote:
Tavy...So the "Mayflower Enclosure" could be a "ghost" enclosure for years and years,which seems a pity,as it was a popular spot for lots of fans especially behind the dugouts,I even believe "Penz" used to be a regular.As for not opening "Zoo Corner" thats an OG, as it was a very popular and vocal area.To say we cant open it again for the want of a few stewards is a lame excuse in my book.When Argyle attack the Barn Park end there are simply no fans to cheer the team on.I remember many a time when Argyle have scored at that end that the players would rush to the front of the "Zoo Corner" to celebrate.I guess we are starting a new era with FV 1886 but its not one that I am happy with.

You're such a wag Odders. Yes, I was a regular there under another pseudonym, apart from the Kemp and Ridsdale eras..... along with 8 other regulars .... now that eight are one regular... the others, including me, managed about 5 games this season at home for differing reasons, but political disgust, value for money and the lack of positive vibes were at the top of the list for why feet stopped short of Home Park.

Us Mayflower POTDers have seen the prices go up, up and up, and we saw the prices come down ..... once ... for the blink of an eye. We even tried irritating those Mayflower enclosure old sops at the back for two games when we were hounded out by Todd's shennanigens... but that's no way to watch a football match ... in the middle of all that desolation.
The Zoo end, or as I prefer to call it, the Lyndhurst, was by far the noisiest part of the ground for years and years ever since the roof came off the Devonport ( pun intended ). I agree with you ... trying to socially engineer a new Devonport era and a flag for all those young lads is a nonsense, but apparently these young guns are not likely to have jobs for a few years according to the new squire, so he is right up for giving them something to be proud of ... or at least that is what the President says..
We're talking REAL community here, REAL concern for the youth of Plymouth. God bless 'im, and his estate manager.
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:13 pm

I remember the Devonport in its heyday. I then moved away for lots of years and returned to watch at HP only intermittently. In more recent years and after I moved back to the area one of the main things that struck me about the crowd and the chanting was how split it had become. There were some people singing in the Zoo End of the Lyndhurst and there were some people singing in the Devonport. There were even a few people (not many) singing in the Lyndhurst proper. It was all so divided and watered down!

Whether you agree with how Forza Verde has been set up or not, in my opinion the crowd noise over this season has increased significantly. I think lots of that has been down to that initiative. I personally don't care much where it is in the ground (for nostalgic reasons I would vote for the Devonport - maybe nostalgia gets other people voting for the Zoo Corner). I just want a central body that generates atmosphere. If that's achieved then maybe it will spread around the place - as happened on occasion this season.
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Following the appointment of the Committee, the first ever Salsa Verde Summer Camp was a huge success:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:40 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Maybe the "noise and vibrancy" can be increased by not by flags, whistles and the right merchandise but by the fans being served up better football on the pitch.

Now come along....we did win a whole SIX games with that flag.......we must of scared someone just a little.
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:31 am

A committee to build vibrancy and atmosphere at Home Park, WTF? lol!

Anyone remember a game called 'football'?
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:59 am

GOB wrote:
A committee to build vibrancy and atmosphere at Home Park, WTF? lol!

Anyone remember a game called 'football'?

Good grief....steady on .......you'll be mentioning players next...........only of course if the big flag don't work'
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:09 am

Who am I to knock it, if it delights Windsor Boy then hey, I'm happy for one of our newest fans to get satisfaction from such a choir!
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Mr President wrote:
Hi All

If that's the case, wouldn't you be better off with a Mariachi Band, rather than a committee?

What exactly is this committee going to be doing? Songwriting? Flag Designs? Apologising to long-standing Devonport End ST holders who are rather pissed off with a bunch of pimply urchins with drums nicking their seats?

More committees to add to the working groups, think-tanks, other committees, boards and of course the Deep Throat Collective, the Undermine-The-Trust Working Party and other assorted vehicles for various unelected egos.

I'm with Gob-can't we just get back to watching a game of football occasionally?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:22 am

I would like to know how much money the committee has in it's account?
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:24 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Apologising to long-standing Devonport End ST holders who are rather pissed off with a bunch of pimply urchins with drums nicking their seats?

Explaining to the club why so many ST holders in that area won't be renewing?
Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:25 am

Do we get detention if we do not do as the committee tells us?

What if we sing out of time or in a different tune?

Will the committee be writing to all season ticket holders in the Devonport end who have their seats nicked each week by people who don't seem to be able to understand the letters/numbers on their ticket points to where they should be sitting?

And will they be writing to the season ticket holders to ask whether what they want to do is acceptable to them?

I await your answers although I won't hold my breath. I'm sure there's a big trip to Windsor coming up again soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FV1886 Committee Empty
PostSubject: Re: FV1886 Committee   FV1886 Committee Empty

Back to top Go down

FV1886 Committee
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next