Tringreen
Coxside_Green
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:29 pm

ZYPH wrote:
I'm disappointed that you think I'm patronising you,not intended Andrew.

Gifting the Club to the Fans Trust has many problems, what if those that run it turn out to be the same people eventually that are behind P@soti or those that look favourably on similar unreliable people.....none of whom would have deep pockets to propel the club foreward.

James Brent, as long has he has got good football brains working with him is by far the safer option to have, and he does have contacts in the business world regarding more finance.

Development of the Home Park site....Hotel/New stand etc etc would bring all year finance to help run the Club when out of season, so important in this day and age...Ron

Thanks for that Ron. A Trust owned club would probably inspire many thousands of new members in a short time. It would be accountable and all major decisions would have to involve the whole membership.Investors could also be brought in but the Trust would , at least for a few years, need to keep control.
I don't really know how these things work but I know that something similar is successful in Germany ?
It's not going to happen anyway and the Trust will fade away as Brent's Gas Board,the one that he can choose to ignore and disband whenever he feels the need,keeps a few ambitious locals happy but has the power to deliver nothing and can ask all the questions it likes but get no answers at all.
My understanding of Brent's thinking in all this is growing and I remain totally uninspired.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:35 am

Tringreen I hope that your pessimistic view of the GAS Board is far from right.

James Brent I believe is not a devious type of businessman.....from what I see he has built Akkeron up with good honest hard work and has a genuine love for the South West Peninsular of England.....and that includes a pro-football club in one of the main cities of the area.He can see the value of a successful PAFC and what it can bring to the city and the larger area.

He recognized the strength of support that Argyle fans brought to saving Argyle from a disasterous administration process under Brendan Guilfoyle and appreciated the support that he got from the Fans Trust and others at Argyle. He wants to harness that support into the club to help strengthen the foundations and to help to rebuild PAFC from near extinction.

You might think that it is all to good to be true...and no one in business can be that open and upfront in his dealings....but just wait and see,if it all comes tumbling down like a house of cards....then I will be so disappointed and wonder if there is any hope for a rejuvenated PAFC ever again.

I met the man once and took to his openess and desire to see things work, and for Argyle to live within it's budget........I think his skill will be enlarging that budget. It might be by building a new Granstand/Hotel/plus other ideas project.......he is obviously good at building up failed Hotels and he thinks he can do the same for PAFC.....ok call me naive and easily fooled but I shall carry on dreaming until proven wrong.....I've been a supporter for sixty years and want the biggest City not ever to have played in the top Division to achieve that before I pop my clogs.

Last edited by ZYPH on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:02 am

Surely this fans forum event should have been advertised as:

"The Ego's Have Landed"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:13 am

Amen to that ZYPH, the problem I have with that is that if you substitute the name Brent for Todd or Heany then it all sounds a little familiar.

When I see a little evidence that Brent could be genuine I maybe tempted to raise an eyebrow, but so far we are yet to see any of that evidence despite the time that Brent has had ownership, in fact, all we've seen is the land separated from the club.

Carry on dreaming ZYPH, there's nothing wrong with that, but as you do many of us will continue to ask questions and comment, I'm sure you would agree, there's nothing wrong with that either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:01 am

No name can be compared to the ginger one Heaney GOB......and similar for Toady Todd.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:47 am

Ron, you've waited for top flight football for even longer then my 50 years, have you not yet reached the point where you're disillusioned by the way your club has let you down time and time again over the lifetime of your support? I sincerely hope you live to see first tier football in Plymouth but think, if you do, you'll probably have an entry in the Guiness book of records!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Charlie W......I'm more disillusioned by the way the so called fans bicker and scratch each other on here and another place.....I can't remember such a time before.....can it be the likes of Ian Newell and his motley crew have no other view than p@soti speak, if people didn't rise to the bait and discussed things in a civilized way the heat would be dispersed and maybe the fire put out.

I thought I would say a few things whilst sensiblegreeny is away a few days visiting the dreaded in-laws, and show the hand of reason, which is his way of doing things.

Charlie I'm fit and well and thankful for it at 73yrs and feel that life is too short for so called Pilgrims to be slagging off each other, I shall retire to my friendly Argyle website....a peaceful little back-water that seem more like family than these two warring sites.....but I will comment when I feel that things could be looked at differently.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:26 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Charlie W......I'm more disillusioned by the way the so called fans bicker and scratch each other on here and another place.....I can't remember such a time before.....can it be the likes of Ian Newell and his motley crew have no other view than p@soti speak, if people didn't rise to the bait and discussed things in a civilized way the heat would be dispersed and maybe the fire put out.

I thought I would say a few things whilst sensiblegreeny is away a few days visiting the dreaded in-laws, and show the hand of reason, which is his way of doing things.

Charlie I'm fit and well and thankful for it at 73yrs and feel that life is too short for so called Pilgrims to be slagging off each other, I shall retire to my friendly Argyle website....a peaceful little back-water that seem more like family than these two warring sites.....but I will comment when I feel that things could be looked at differently.

There is one 'constant' with all of the people who have serious issues with Pasoti.The same individual is involved. Can we all be vile scum? Before ATD existed, voices warning not to Trust in Stapes were dismissed from the farm. Now they are dismissed for questioning the Pasoti line on the new owner or merely being willing to offer their thoughts on here. Those responsible are now seemingly at the right hand of the new owner and the club is increasingly becoming asset stripped and destined to survive on charity.
You retire to your friendly backwater. To me, this shambles of a club means enough to want to see a better future. Meekly following isn't an option in my book.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:19 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Tringreen I hope that your pessimistic view of the GAS Board is far from right.

James Brent I believe is not a devious type of businessman.....from what I see he has built Akkeron up with good honest hard work and has a genuine love for the South West Peninsular of England.....and that includes a pro-football club in one of the main cities of the area.He can see the value of a successful PAFC and what it can bring to the city and the larger area.

He recognized the strength of support that Argyle fans brought to saving Argyle from a disasterous administration process under Brendan Guilfoyle and appreciated the support that he got from the Fans Trust and others at Argyle. He wants to harness that support into the club to help strengthen the foundations and to help to rebuild PAFC from near extinction.

You might think that it is all to good to be true...and no one in business can be that open and upfront in his dealings....but just wait and see,if it all comes tumbling down like a house of cards....then I will be so disappointed and wonder if there is any hope for a rejuvenated PAFC ever again.

I met the man once and took to his openess and desire to see things work, and for Argyle to live within it's budget........I think his skill will be enlarging that budget. It might be by building a new Granstand/Hotel/plus other ideas project.......he is obviously good at building up failed Hotels and he thinks he can do the same for PAFC.....ok call me naive and easily fooled but I shall carry on dreaming until proven wrong.....I've been a supporter for sixty years and want the biggest City not ever to have played in the top Division to achieve that before I pop my clogs.

I'm sure that he also appreciates that the fans Trust by so openly backing Brent and discouraging other bidders, gave Brent a very strong negotiating position when it came to the crunch i.e. my terms or I abandon my bid and leave the club to die. The club (as opposed to Brent) is now saddled with "millions of pounds of liabilities" and will struggle to avoid another Administration within the next few years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3