Charlie Wood
Tringreen
Coxside_Green
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:44 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Nobodies criticising you Lee, but why did the club not consider it necessary or valuable to actually direct some employee of some standing to attend?

Why don't you write to Jason Turner.

The club gave the Cornish Branch advance notice that James Brent would be unable to attend, I also believe that James Brent was willing to reschedule but the Cornish Branch wanted to go ahead with the evening.

So Chris gave a talk on how a collective group of people played a part in securing the clubs future and then it was a Q & A session.

Lee

Given PACSA were holding their AGM directly afterwards and were informed the Argyle president & another 'high-ranking Pilgrims personality' were going to attend, it was highly unlikely they would cancel the evening. So which one out of yourself, IJN and Sue is regarded as the high-ranking Pilgrims personality able to take questions from supporters?

At least one of the three are ruled out due to not having a personality!

None of us, get a grip stop always looking for an argument.

Looking for an argument?. No I'm just a concerned supporter worried about our future who values our Cornish support. I took interest in the meeting after recalling 'Silver Green's post a couple of weeks back and his concerns over our precarious 'nearest league club' status.

So aside from a few real friends enjoying a good craic, it would appear it was a shambles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Nobodies criticising you Lee, but why did the club not consider it necessary or valuable to actually direct some employee of some standing to attend?

Why don't you write to Jason Turner.

The club gave the Cornish Branch advance notice that James Brent would be unable to attend, I also believe that James Brent was willing to reschedule but the Cornish Branch wanted to go ahead with the evening.

So Chris gave a talk on how a collective group of people played a part in securing the clubs future and then it was a Q & A session.

Lee

Given PACSA were holding their AGM directly afterwards and were informed the Argyle president & another 'high-ranking Pilgrims personality' were going to attend, it was highly unlikely they would cancel the evening. So which one out of yourself, IJN and Sue is regarded as the high-ranking Pilgrims personality able to take questions from supporters?

At least one of the three are ruled out due to not having a personality!

None of us, get a grip stop always looking for an argument.

Looking for an argument?. No I'm just a concerned supporter worried about our future who values our Cornish support. I took interest in the meeting after recalling 'Silver Green's post a couple of weeks back and his concerns over our precarious 'nearest league club' status.

So aside from a few real friends enjoying a good craic, it would appear it was a shambles.

It was not a shambles, Chris turned up was thanked by the Cornish Branch members.

Explain why it was a shambles?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:

It was not a shambles, Chris turned up was thanked by the Cornish Branch members.

I said it would 'appear' to have been a shambles, no need to twist my words. Lack of A.N.Other official from the club attending the meeting and the lack of interest shown on fans forums since the meeting are two reasons for my thoughts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:02 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:

I said it would 'appear' to have been a shambles, no need to twist my words. Lack of A.N.Other official from the club attending the meeting and the lack of interest shown on fans forums since the meeting are two reasons for my thoughts.

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Lee Jameson wrote:

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Night night Lee .
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Superfan falls asleep shocker affraid

So if this meeting was never going to be anything more than a good craic between a few real Argyle fans, why did it require more press exposure than than the GASBoard receives?

Also, out of interest, how many attended?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:

So if this meeting was never going to be anything more than a good craic between a few real Argyle fans, why did it require more press exposure than than the GASBoard receives?

Where have I ever said I am a Super-fan?

I would say that there were about 20 people. Why did you not go your-self?

In regards to your last question why don't you talk to the Cornish Branch who I understand informed the media.

Lee (My real name)
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

Where have I ever said I am a Super-fan?

I would say that there were about 20 people. Why did you not go your-self?

In regards to your last question why don't you talk to the Cornish Branch who I understand informed the media.

Lee (My real name)

You didn't say you were a superfan, I did.

Thanks for your reply.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:25 pm

I was looking forward to going, Lee, until Brenty withdrew when I decided against. I have, and will continue to ask him the awkward questions whenever he makes this kind of public commitment. Asking Chris Webb questions...no thanks.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:23 pm

the club couldnt even send an argyle official............................
pathetic really,

about time the charity ended & the professionalism returned.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Lee Jameson wrote:

It was a shambles that the club could not send one 'real' official.

So, tell me something Chris told everyone that wasn't known beforehand?
Which of the many questions you would like answered concerning Argyle were answered by Chris?
What questions was Chris unable to answer?

Can anyone tell us (Mr President, maybe?) what was said?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:06 pm

So, I suppose in the capacity (bestowed on him) as 'President', Webby has some sort of right to address an audience. But Newell? lol!

Is this gonna be the start of a career as an after-dinner speaking posse, telling everyone who hasn't yet fallen asleep, what they did in the war? cheers

Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:50 am

You don't have to explain yourself Lee.......it's no wonder so many of us prefer to live in London.......so many negative ex-pasoti members on this site......why don't we start a pasalb website and start to enjoy being Argyle supporters again.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 8:30 am

ZYPH wrote:
You don't have to explain yourself Lee.......it's no wonder so many of us prefer to live in London.......so many negative ex-pasoti members on this site......why don't we start a pasalb website and start to enjoy being Argyle supporters again.

Ignore what has and continues to be going on at Home Park and you are either one of the boys, or an Aviva of the highest order.

It's a bleddy parochial shambles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:06 am

Tringreen just relax and soak up the sun........you don't have to be in "them and us "mode all the time.

I post occasionally on this site and on P@soti.....I personally dont agree how either site is run or why you have to knock bits off each other all the time. that is why I prefer another Argyle site as my spiritual home.

This is how I see it Tringreen.... (turn off now if you don't want to know)....I was a couple of years off leaving school when you where born.....thats when I first starting following the Pilgrims.....so I'm not a new boy like Ian Newell or Chris Webb.......I met them both at the Pasalb November get-together along with James Brent.

Brent is OK and I feel kosher....I think we're lucky to have him as our new owner and he will talk to anyone....not your aloof up-market Businessman that you usually come across.

Webb....the man for the moment....he did ok......and I feel he is much maligned by those who see that he is a mate of Newell's.

Newell......didn't take to him at all.....too forceful and obviously full of himself........(you will buy a scarf and bid in my auction attitude)........ probably insecure and defensive over his beloved P@soti and shows too much control......hence rejecting many of you for your views.

I belong to the Fans Trust and hope it doesn't bring P@soti and ATD bickering into how it is run.

I first joined PASALB in the early days in the 1970s, but bringing up a family etc meant I didn't stay involved.

There are a few on this site that I do know from another place, some of them have a totally different approach whilst posting on here....a sort of negative "them and us" cloud seems to descend, it's as if it is catching. I'm obviously fortunate that I have no axe to grind........or is it that I've seen it all before......what goes around comes around more than once in a persons life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:12 am

I can't wait for the next headliner, "Fans meet fans and ask each other questions".
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:07 am

ZYPH wrote:
Tringreen just relax and soak up the sun........you don't have to be in "them and us "mode all the time.

I post occasionally on this site and on P@soti.....I personally dont agree how either site is run or why you have to knock bits off each other all the time. that is why I prefer another Argyle site as my spiritual home.

This is how I see it Tringreen.... (turn off now if you don't want to know)....I was a couple of years off leaving school when you where born.....thats when I first starting following the Pilgrims.....so I'm not a new boy like Ian Newell or Chris Webb.......I met them both at the Pasalb November get-together along with James Brent.

Brent is OK and I feel kosher....I think we're lucky to have him as our new owner and he will talk to anyone....not your aloof up-market Businessman that you usually come across.

Webb....the man for the moment....he did ok......and I feel he is much maligned by those who see that he is a mate of Newell's.

Newell......didn't take to him at all.....too forceful and obviously full of himself........(you will buy a scarf and bid in my auction attitude)........ probably insecure and defensive over his beloved P@soti and shows too much control......hence rejecting many of you for your views.

I belong to the Fans Trust and hope it doesn't bring P@soti and ATD bickering into how it is run.

I first joined PASALB in the early days in the 1970s, but bringing up a family etc meant I didn't stay involved.

There are a few on this site that I do know from another place, some of them have a totally different approach whilst posting on here....a sort of negative "them and us" cloud seems to descend, it's as if it is catching. I'm obviously fortunate that I have no axe to grind........or is it that I've seen it all before......what goes around comes around more than once in a persons life.

Please don't try to patronise me Zyph ? My name is Andrew, what's yours ?

You may be prepared to take the 'what goes around, comes around' philosophy but where Argyle is concerned it keeps on going in the same predictable cycle, without ever getting anywhere. The way Brent is playing the footsoldiers, turned leaders, is very clever but the future with their type doing the thinking , is not something to inspire me to return to the fold physically at matches.
If in another decade, the club does get on a roll again, after it has paid off his debts, Brent will be in position to cash in. He has said as much but you never know he might do a Stapleton affraid
I would have more faith in the arrangement if Brent gifted the football club to the Trust 100%. Now that would give me reason to join up, contribute financially to say, a share issue and attend matches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:27 pm

I'm disappointed that you think I'm patronising you,not intended Andrew.

Gifting the Club to the Fans Trust has many problems, what if those that run it turn out to be the same people eventually that are behind P@soti or those that look favourably on similar unreliable people.....none of whom would have deep pockets to propel the club foreward.

James Brent, as long has he has got good football brains working with him is by far the safer option to have, and he does have contacts in the business world regarding more finance.

Development of the Home Park site....Hotel/New stand etc etc would bring all year finance to help run the Club when out of season, so important in this day and age...Ron
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:06 pm

Peggy wrote:
What happened to the evidence that members of the old board were trying to scupper the takeover, Mr President?

When is this big anti-racism initiative you promised going to happen, Mr President?

What's your IP address, Mr President?

How big is your cigar Mr President?

edited for the factualistics there Peggy, hope you don't mind lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:06 pm

GOB wrote:
I can't wait for the next headliner, "Fans meet fans and ask each other questions".

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:32 pm

ZYPH wrote:

The meeting was supposed to be a Q&A session with CW and a 'high-ranking Pilgrims personality' (to replace James Brent). It's not the fault of those who attended that the club never sent anyone more official to take questions but if Lee (or anyone for that matter) wants to defend the club over its actions (or non-actions) then they should explain themselves. Thanking Chris at the end of the night doesn't mean it was a roaring success, just basic common courtesy. If I had been a Cornish supporter attending the meeting I would've been left very disappointed by the club's apparent snub.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Dear me....

Another thread where everyone except those actually involved jumps to ridiculous conclusions.

The original invite was to James Brent and I.

James Brent fed back very quickly that sadly he was already committed for the evening but was happy to attend at the next meeting.

I spoke with John Simmons (Chair of PACSA) and we agreed to ask Peter Jones to attend with me but as we were unaware of Peter's committments we didn't name him in the media. Subsequently Peter informed us that we were out of the UK and regrettably couldn't make it.

I offered John to postpone the meeting until JB or PJ could make because despite what some of you assume I didn't want Argyle supporters to attend and just listen to myself. John wanted to carry on though because following the Q&A was the PASCA AGM so the date couldn't be changed.

In the end, 35 fans turned up. I spoke for about 30 minutes about the administration period, took lots of questions, had some banter and I think most of those who attended were happy. In fact a few attendees thanked me at the fansfest and in the Devonport on Saturday so that was nice.

Lee, Sue and Ian attended not as 'Argyle personalities' but just as supporters enjoying each others company.

No negatives, no conspiracies. Just a nice evening with a great bunch of people......and me.

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

The meeting was supposed to be a Q&A session with CW and a 'high-ranking Pilgrims personality' (to replace James Brent). It's not the fault of those who attended that the club never sent anyone more official to take questions but if Lee (or anyone for that matter) wants to defend the club over its actions (or non-actions) then they should explain themselves. Thanking Chris at the end of the night doesn't mean it was a roaring success, just basic common courtesy. If I had been a Cornish supporter attending the meeting I would've been left very disappointed by the club's apparent snub.

The Cornish Branch were well aware that Chris would be the only person turning up.

The paper decided to run with that headline.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Mountains from mole hills come to mind......If James Brent had turned up, some would of moan that he was not wearing the right tie or some other piddling thing was wrong,you can't please some people ever.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:39 pm

ZYPH wrote:
Mountains from mole hills come to mind......

Although in this case... We ended up with a mole hill out of a mountain.

No matter how you 'spin' it. It is still poor that the club could not send one of the other directors or the fella (Jason Turner?) in charge of day to day running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12   Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fans Forum with Chris Webb - Bodmin. (not James Brent) 30-03-12
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next