Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?

Go down 
+4
Jambo Pasty
Angry
Grovehill
VillageGreen
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? Empty
PostSubject: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2023 3:29 pm

Shuey believes Hardie could get a Scotland nod if he carries on what he is doing.

Can't see why not if he carries on improving every game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2023 3:44 pm

Scotland's asst manager, John Carver spent a short time at Home Park when St Paul was Manager. He was very highly thought of by Bobby Robson
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyThu Aug 17, 2023 4:46 pm

no reason why he wouldnt get looked at by Scotland at the very least now our games will be on tv more so steve clarke will find it easier to justify travelling down to watch ryan play over going to another game to scout talent for his squad.

john carver was the only member of paul mariner's makeshift backroom staff when he was made head coach and luggys lieutentants where fired who knew what he was doing and was able to fill in the lack of experience paul had managing let alone managing in this league when he never even been a coach in england before.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 12:40 pm

Hardie will be considered but Lawrence Shankland will get the nod - 32 goals last season and already 4 goals in 5 games so far this season.
Rumours Southampton trying to lure Shankland as a replacement for Che Adams (Who’s also ahead of Hardie in the Scotland set-up). Hardie just needs to consistently keep putting them away and eventually Steve Clarke May include him. Clarke is very loyal to the Scotland squad so it can take longer to be brought into the fold.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 1:24 pm

Jambo Pasty wrote:
Hardie will be considered but Lawrence Shankland will get the nod - 32 goals last season and already 4 goals in 5 games so far this season.
Rumours Southampton trying to lure Shankland as a replacement for Che Adams (Who’s also ahead of Hardie in the Scotland set-up). Hardie just needs to consistently keep putting them away and eventually Steve Clarke May include him. Clarke is very loyal to the Scotland squad so it can take longer to be brought into the fold.

If Hardie scores the goals at this level regularly he will get his call up for Scotland that much is true, Scotland isnt a washed with talent like England where they can be choosey about where a player plays and who they play for even with if they have preferred options being picked first. he'll get his shot soon enough i'm sure.

He wont be the only one earning call ups for their country all going well, Azaz im sure if he steps it up at this level he will be attracting the interest of Rep of Ireland or even spoken to by the Israeli national side to see if he prefers to play for them, same for hazzard with northern ireland and Waine new zealand.

Even Mumba who could earn a call up!! he could play for DR Congo through his parents so he may express interest in playing for them this season. We could have a handful of internationals in our squad. Even Galloway with Zimbabwe and he's never fit.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 6:37 pm

I am sure that several of them could be included in lesser countries teams - brings a lot of kudos to the club as well. There can be a downside to some smaller & far flung nations - they have competitions at silly periods for our leagues and they’re gone for long periods.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 7:00 pm

Jambo Pasty wrote:
I am sure that several of them could be included in lesser countries teams - brings a lot of kudos to the club as well. There can be a downside to some smaller & far flung nations - they have competitions at silly periods for our leagues and they’re gone for long periods.

im sure half of our Youth setup plays for Wales already Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2023 10:32 pm

🤣
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 12:55 pm

Scottish squad has been announced

Hardie didn't make it.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 3:08 pm

Hardie’s problem is two-fold

1 - he didn’t have an amazing reputation when he played in Scotland. Thought he showed potential & promise but he didn’t attract attention from the bigger Scottish clubs.
2 - Steve Clarke is very loyal to his existing team. Lawrence Shankland has been selected again - he’s got 32+ goals last/this season but he’d had a poor year in Belgium previously. It’s taken over a year to convince Clarke.

Hardie needs to consistently keep up his scoring record and then he’ll possibly be considered ( or Nesbit at Millwall has a drastic drop in form so Clarke reconsiders)
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 3:23 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Scottish squad has been announced

Hardie didn't make it.

Always good for a player to get international recognition, but I remember numerous occasions we had players go off with their countries when we were last in the Championship, and came back crocked.

It’s no bad thing for Argyle. Hardie will be well rested and ready to go again.

While on a Scottish theme I see Lee Johnson got the boot from Hibs. He must interview very well because he’s got numerous managerial jobs off the back of pretty much just having one decent season at Bristol City (8th).
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 4:52 pm

Czarcasm - trust me we are absolutely heart -broken that Wee Lee has been punted. Us Hearts fans have been pishing ourselves laughing for 15 months with his comments. The biggest waffle merchant you would ever meet. I will be genuinely be surprise if he gets a decent gig again. I could bore you senseless with some of the thins he’s done and said while at Hibs. We will truly miss him.

Hibernian are THE greatest rivals any football club could desire. “If Carlsberg did football rivals..”. We’ve owned them since 1875.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyMon Aug 28, 2023 11:32 pm

it was a big ask to expect Ryan to get a call up straight away. Whilst i remain certain he will get a call up eventually if he continues to score goals on a regular basis he will have to do some more work especially if he is to dislodge one of steve clarkes faves to take their spot.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 4:46 pm

Hazard has been called up by N.Ireland.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:14 am

Czarcasm - our friend Lee Johnson has secured the Fleetwood Town job already. He makes a good salesman !!!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 11:32 am

Jambo Pasty wrote:
Czarcasm - our friend Lee Johnson has secured the Fleetwood Town job already.  He makes a good salesman !!!

must run in the family as how on earth is his dad still managing Torquay they where dreadful last season.

i see he has taken darren way the under 18's manager here as his assistant,

As for the international front hazard didnt play at all during this call up so should be fresh for saturday as a result.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 6:33 pm

Hadn’t realised that was Lee’s dad at Torquay. It’s obviously in the blood - Shite manager & blag another job !!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 1:29 am

Angry wrote:
Jambo Pasty wrote:
Czarcasm - our friend Lee Johnson has secured the Fleetwood Town job already.  He makes a good salesman !!!

must run in the family as how on earth is his dad still managing Torquay they where dreadful last season.

As for the international front hazard didnt play at all during this call up so should be fresh for saturday as a result.
I think it’s cos there skint his still at Torquay even though his been shit ain’t got the money to sack him or get a new manager in where a new manager would want his own players & staff in as well so it seems there in a catch 22 situation so can’t afford to sack him & can’t afford a manager so basically there lumbered with him for the foreseeable well at least till there financial situation changes which I believe won’t be happening anytime soon either
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 12:40 pm

Angry wrote:
Jambo Pasty wrote:

I don't see that as a big loss tbh. 2 or 3 home grown players in the first team squad is hardly ripping up trees is it?

Especially when you see what the neighbours have done. But perhaps that's the problem, most kids would opt to join ECFC as it seems a certain route to first team football and beyond.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 12:42 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jambo Pasty wrote:

I think it’s cos there skint his still at Torquay even though his been shit ain’t got the money to sack him or get a new manager in where a new manager would want his own players & staff in as well so it seems there in a catch 22 situation so can’t afford to sack him & can’t afford a manager so basically there lumbered with him for the foreseeable well at least till there financial situation changes which I believe won’t be happening anytime soon either

i would like to know how long his contract was for when he signed one last time around as he has been there a while so i cant imagine the torquay board skint or not being keen on renewing him again. HIs career has nose dived since bristol city days.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 7:27 pm

150th Year “Friendly”. Scotland v That Lot Down South

Going for 2 - 1 Scotland

Regardless - enjoy the game !!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 8:20 pm

Jambo Pasty wrote:
150th Year “Friendly”. Scotland v That Lot Down South

Going for 2 - 1 Scotland

Regardless - enjoy the game !!

im hoping scotland win, if it helps end this farce of a blaggers england managerial career i'll take it.

edited to add:

oh well maybe next time lol
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 10:04 pm

Even 'good' Scotland are shite
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 10:09 pm

We certainly won’t be winning the Euros ...... but we’ll have the most fun when we’re there !!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 10:14 pm

Jambo Pasty wrote:
We certainly won’t be winning the Euros ...... but we’ll have the most fun when we’re there !!

getting out of the group stage will be like winning the euros for scotland Laughing Laughing i did find the singing for harry maguire funny though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?    Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scottish call-up for Hardie suggests Shuey ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next