Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?

Go down 
+7
Graiser
Grovehill
Angry
Mook
Freathy
Earwegoagain
VillageGreen
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? Empty
PostSubject: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 2:20 pm

I expect lots of comings and goings in the summer as Shuey plans for life in the Championship. We can say goodbye to the loans, as can't see them returning next season, unless we buy them. Rumour has it Mayor is on his way.

It's going to be a hectic summer transfer market but in Shuey I trust.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 3:16 pm

Hardie and Mayor off from what I'm hearing. Loans off and we need to trim a few players and defence will deffo need strengthening.
Main fear is Schuey getting poached by a big team, I know he loves it here but money talks.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 3:58 pm

Like to see Hardie stay for another season. Defence will need some work. As for new loans, they will have to be Prem players for life in the Championship.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 4:08 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hardie and Mayor off from what I'm hearing. Loans off and we need to trim a few players and defence will deffo need strengthening.
Main fear is Schuey getting poached by a big team, I know he loves it here but money talks.

At least being a Championship club it does seem to reduce the number of clubs in a position to come in for the manager.  If they go down (which still seems inconceivable), I'm hoping Everton will stick with Dyche as the man to take them back up again.

As for transfers, there has to be a significant number of signings of Championship standard players or our stay at this level will be very brief.  Don't want to keep hearing crap like Morgan Whittaker is out of our budget range as we may as well forget next season.  Hallett and the yanks need to step up to the plate!
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 5:29 pm

Yeah agreed. I think Whittaker will be a shoe in now, he loves the place and Hallet knows he'll have to spend money for us to stay there.
No way Everton will get rid of Dyche, they no doubt had getting out the Championship in mind should the worst happen which he'll do no bother.
Argyle away at Everton, Leeds and Southampton next season is a real possibility bounce
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 5:39 pm

it will be down to what the budget will be for him as we will need to strengthen in all areas. Im not to bothered about Mayor and Hardie wanting out as both arent going to make the grade in the championship, if Mayor could create more goals and score he would have been a regular in this league already and hardie cant score one on ones
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 9:11 pm

Very unlikely we would get/want loan players whose's parent Clubs are in the Championship so that rules out the likes of Cosgrove and Mumba

On the other hand, seeing as we have looked after and improved this seasons loanees, I would be looking for us to take a few loans from Premiership Clubs.

The good thing is that the Club can certainly spot a good prospect. I for one thought Cosgrove was a poor signing but he has turned out as anything but.

Edwards is probably past his best as is Mayor so a new wingback an experienced playmaker and a quick CB should be high on the agenda.

But having won promotion perhaps topping 100 points in a very competative League, shows, I believe that we have the basis of a squad that can give a good account of themselves in the higher Division.

Schoe e will  move on at some point, but atm it seems hard to see what team would want him-Premiership Clubs seem addicted to foreign managers and top Chamionship Clubs tend to look for managers who have already got a promotion into the Prem on their CV.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyMon May 01, 2023 8:40 am

Angry wrote:
it will be down to what the budget will be for him as we will need to strengthen in all areas. Im not to bothered about Mayor and Hardie wanting out as both arent going to make the grade in the championship, if Mayor could create more goals and score he would have been a regular in this league already and hardie cant score one on ones

I know lots of fans don't like Hardie but fact is he is our best goal scorer and as such we would be mental not to try and take him up with us. The better lge. 1 players have always coped with life in the league above, same goes for Mayor although he isn't a goal scorer.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyMon May 01, 2023 6:15 pm

Mayor has been a pleasure to watch I really hope he stays but the chat is he could be moving on.
I’d love Ennis, Scarr and Wilson to stay.
Not sure about Hardie he has gone off the boil but he does look knackered so if he does stay I won’t be disappointed.
A proven striker is a definite, Collins or a Stockton maybe.
Hope Joe Edwards gets his coaching badges as I think he’s our next Manager.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyMon May 01, 2023 8:44 pm

Keep Wilson get rid of Hardie? Should have gone to specsavers mate. Wilson has looked better of late but he will get mullered in the CCC as he has numerous times against better forwards. Hardie wouldn't be on mental wages and would make a great supersub, despite being "knackered" he still outruns most players he goes up against.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyMon May 01, 2023 9:13 pm

The trick with recruitment is obviously to try and get a lot more right than you get wrong - which Argyle have certainly done since last summer. Yes Argyle have taken a gamble on some players with questionable injury records, but the majority have shown that when they’re fit, the risk was worth it.

January was probably the best mid-season window the club has ever had, and Bali Mumba has quite possibly surpassed Elliot Ward as my favourite ever loan signing.

If the recruitment team carry on doing what they’ve done this season, at the next level up, we could have a half decent year ahead of us.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyMon May 01, 2023 10:26 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Keep Wilson get rid of Hardie? Should have gone to specsavers mate. Wilson has looked better of late but he will get mullered in the CCC as he has numerous times against better forwards. Hardie wouldn't be on mental wages and would make a great supersub, despite being "knackered" he still outruns most players he goes up against.

I didn’t say get rid of Hardie
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyTue May 02, 2023 10:58 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Sorry I obviously misinterpreted this, although you yet again contradict yourself in the sentence,
"Not sure about Hardie he has gone off the boil but he does look knackered so if he does stay I won’t be disappointed."
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyTue May 02, 2023 8:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Sorry I obviously misinterpreted this, although you yet again contradict yourself in the sentence,
"Not sure about Hardie he has gone off the boil but he does look knackered so if he does stay I won’t be disappointed."

Hell how’s that a contradiction, Hardie has gone of the boil but that may be because to me he’s been blowing out of his arse for several games and maybe a rest is what he needs, with the amount of running he has to do it’s not unexpected
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyFri May 05, 2023 12:04 pm

The pasoti nerds think we should resign Curtis Nelson, Elliott Ward and probably Tynan and Rafferty.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyFri May 05, 2023 1:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
The pasoti nerds think we should resign Curtis Nelson, Elliott Ward and probably Tynan and Rafferty.

Crudgie to stand in for Cooper (but only if Jim Furnell isn't available) and a comeback for Micky Evans!

On a more serious note, how about Stansfield on loan from Fulham?

Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyFri May 05, 2023 1:56 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Crudgie to stand in for Cooper  (but only if Jim Furnell isn't available) and a comeback for Micky Evans!

On a more serious note, how about Stansfield on loan from Fulham?  

Don’t think he’d want to play for us
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyFri May 05, 2023 6:45 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

nelson maybe but i'll pass on the others lol ffs ward only played 16 times and they still bang on about him being the 2nd coming of bobby moore lol
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyFri May 05, 2023 7:14 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
lol! sounds about right twats
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyFri May 05, 2023 8:12 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

nelson maybe but i'll pass on the others lol ffs ward only played 16 times and they still bang on about him being the 2nd coming of bobby moore lol

A lot of the Blackpool fans were not very complementary about Nelson
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyFri May 05, 2023 8:20 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

to be fair hes the only one still playing so there wasnt alot of choice to pick from. I dont thin he would be on the club's radar to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyFri May 05, 2023 8:34 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

to be fair hes the only one still playing so there wasnt alot of choice to pick from. I dont thin he would be on the club's radar to be honest.

Hope not, I don’t get the obsession with some supporters wanting some ex club players back.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyFri May 05, 2023 8:37 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Elliot Ward was one of the best players to ever play at HP and I won £250 at Wolves away on him to score first on his debut. Boom.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyFri May 05, 2023 8:39 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Hope not, I don’t get the obsession with some supporters wanting some ex club players back.

For once I agree with you and lets not forget we were last in the CCC years ago anyone who's played at that level for us will be past it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? EmptyFri May 05, 2023 9:01 pm

Trying to remember some of the names bandied about last time-Kanu, Kenwynne Jones, Glenn Whelan, Leroy Lita.........none of them ever fecking signed of course. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?   Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign  ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Now that promotion has been secured, what calibre of player will Shuey bring in for the Championship campaign ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next