+4
PatDunne
Earwegoagain
sufferedsince 68
seadog
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 Empty
PostSubject: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 3:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just feck off. Worked all of my life only to drop dead before these robbing barstewards have to pay me anything! So not right.

In any other guise this would be a heinous crime against humanity. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 3:47 pm

It is a joke, I have been paying tax and NI since 1976! I have to wait until 66 for my pension, you younger twats even longer!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 3:52 pm

seadog wrote:
It is a joke, I have been paying tax and NI since 1976! I have to wait until 66 for my pension, you younger twats even longer!

I thought you had been drawing your pension for the last 10 years! Laughing
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 4:46 pm

Spunkcan Duncan Smeg, has never done a hard day's graft in his life, wanker.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 5:21 pm

seadog wrote:

I'm looking at 68 now. Funny thing was when I was in my forties I'd already paid enough NI to qualify for a full pension. Since then I've paid feck knows how much more yet the money seems to have gone? Like Suffs said old IDN hasn't done feck all to know what's its like to do actual real work but he's telling us to crack on for another five ten years, I can hardly move some days and I'm only 57!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 7:04 pm

The problem is that there is no pension fund, todays National Insurance payments pay for todays pensions and the number of workers paying per pensioner has plummeted as life expectancy has risen.

Still I retired by choice aged 52 and get my state pension at 67 so lucky me.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 8:52 pm

I retired the end of June. I didn't want to but my firm wanted to tupe us to another company. I would have lost all my benefits and was not even offered redundancy. I wasn't prepared to let that happen. I took the maximum lump sum as well because the company I worked for is on the slippery slope to admin just like House of Frazer and Debenhams and many of us predict that this will happen in the next 5 to 10 years. They didn't give a shit about us which is a million miles away from the public image they like to cultivate.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 8:54 pm

When the compulsory retirement age was removed that was a good thing, it gives the worker the choice to work on until they choose to retire, I didn’t have to pay any NI after turning 65, now although that’s very welcome if I’d had a choice I would have carried on paying it.
I retired at 67 by choice but I don’t think the retirement age should be raised anymore.
As for the “right honourables” they’ve shown in the last 3 years what a bunch of ignorant self serving tosspots they really are and thinking that these vermin may be proposing such a change makes me vomit.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 6:39 am

Political own goal of enormous proportions.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 8:26 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

It is but that's a reflection of us voters, somebody has to sort out the pension problem, the old age social care problem, the NHS problem but it's going to cost us all more and so every party kicks the can further down the road to fend off the 'Political own goal of enormous proportions'
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 9:14 am

PatDunne wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

It is but that's a reflection of us voters, somebody has to sort out the pension problem, the old age social care problem, the NHS problem but it's going to cost us all more and so every party kicks the can further down the road to fend off the 'Political own goal of enormous proportions'

Bearing in mind that since 2008 the aristocracy has increased its wealth about a hundred fold which means their fortunes are now back to levels not seen since the industrial revolution the argument that there is no money is complete and utter bullshit. Plus add to that the number of suits in Town and City councils doing feck all but waffle whilst they take take huge chunks of our hard earned. A good case in point and a tiny drop in the ocean was Tavvy council spent £185,000 installing the traffic calming kerbs around Drake Statue about five years ago. How the feck does installing roughly eight square metres of pavement and re aligning the kerb cost that much? Easy, £50k to Highways (feasability) £50k to Devon County Council (tea and biscuits) £50k to Tavvy Town Council (more tea?) which leaves about £35k to pay for a £1200 job. Add to that all the brilliant people in the government, the civil service, the European Parliment, the list goes on. Anybody that jinks we are unable to pay our bills or look after our elderly and infirm is deluded.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 9:27 am

More than a quarter of the money raised from council tax goes to fund the "gold-plated" pensions enjoyed by public sector workers, the Sunday Telegraph has learnt.

Startling new figures - provided by a Government advisers on pensions - show that about £5 billion a year from council tax in England is used to fund the retirements of town hall staff, police, teachers and firefighters
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 10:40 am

PatDunne wrote:

More than a quarter of the money raised from council tax goes to fund the "gold-plated" pensions enjoyed by public sector workers, the Sunday Telegraph has learnt.

Startling new figures - provided by a Government advisers on pensions - show that about £5 billion a year from council tax in England is used to fund the retirements of town hall staff, police, teachers and firefighters

As peasants - we're fecked.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 10:47 am

It’s Catch22 for many of us. I’m mindful of the fact I should be putting more of my hard-earned away for when I hang up my boots. On the other hand I’ve just seen someone I used to work with who did that all his working life, went without holidays etc, retired at 60, then tragically dropped dead two months later.

So I’m very much of the mind that I’m going to enjoy myself now while I’m still young enough and healthy enough.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:07 am

Work or die, the unenviable choice for the workers.

Yet the Tories will still get the working man's vote simply by saying at the next election, "We are shite but Corbyn is worse"
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 1:45 pm

seadog wrote:

Yet the Tories will still get the working man's vote simply by saying at the next election, "We are shite but Corbyn is worse"

What’s tragic is that statement couldn’t be more true.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 4:50 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
seadog wrote:

What’s tragic is that statement couldn’t be more true.

Oh no it's not. You've been brainwashed from birth by the billionaire owned media machines.

Listen and learn.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 5:59 pm

Good old Tony Benn, real Labour, he said we should leave the 'bureaucratically evil' EU. What he would make of Plymouth with a Labour MP and Labour council leader both for remain I just don't know.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 6:17 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Good old Tony Benn, real Labour, he said we should leave the 'bureaucratically evil' EU. What he would make of Plymouth with a Labour MP and Labour council leader both for remain I just don't know.

Indeed.........and Benn, along with Foot, Corbyn and Galloway, recognise that the EU should be a trading block, not a united states of Europe with an army.
Corbyn wants out so the EU can't veto his regeneration plans but he recognises the importance of the EU to us for trade, various protections/standards for workers'/human rights and environmental issues.
Hence, he wants out with a deal but realises the disaster a no deal would be right across the board, except of course for wealthy tax evaders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75   Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75 Empty

Back to top Go down

Think Tank Suggests pension Age Should Rise To 75
Page 1 of 1