PlymptonPilgrim
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 10:08 pm

Didn't realise Ipswich only drew-still top! cheers cheers cheers Won't be for much longer though if things don't improve-defensively Argyle are starting to show a rather alarming tendency to ship two goals per game-Rovers,Exeter,Burton,tonight. Not good enough and a really good centre back is a high priority imho-time for the board to step up to the plate in a meaningful way in January if this opportunity is not to be wasted.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 10:16 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
No longer top, looking over out shoulders at Wednesday now. Luckily promotion isn't a priority. FOH.
we are by the grace of god or the thinnest of a rizla paper lspwich fooked it up and draw cheers

Thank fook for small mercies I guess. No depression here but absolute reality when I state that this team will being led by Azaz, not unusual to have a game changing player just our luck he didn't last the season. We will be lucky if this doesn't turn into a proper slide now. Defence is shit, its been shit for years.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 10:25 pm

One of those nights eh?
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 11:35 pm

RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Missed ten minutes, apparently changed the turnstiles around.
Absolute crap, Hallett will be getting an email!
Couple of people kicked off in the queue.lol.
typicial argyle couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery cheers

Felt like they were trying to solve a problem that didn't actually exist.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 11:37 pm

Can I take a positive from this, no not really. All I can cling to is that now our winning run at home has been broken the pressure is lifted.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 7:44 am

And so it begins. Tin hats, tin foil, popcorn and beer supplies in for the coming weeks ahead! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 9:36 am

Had the bad misfortune of having to sit through that debacle last night.  Genuinely shocked at how piss poor this team is.  Could not disagree with the Vale fans when they sang "you're fokkin shit!"   Defence is non-existent and we can't score.  With this current 'team' we are far more likely to be relegated than make the play-offs.  Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday fans quite rightly do not see Argo as promotion rivals as they 100% know we will plummet down the table which we are now doing.  Only slight glimmer of hope in this whole nightmare situation is we seemed to improve slightly when Mayor came on.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 12:22 pm

I can sum that at game up in one word - crap.

Argyle were poor and deserved to lose.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 1:04 pm

Freathy wrote:
Had the bad misfortune of having to sit through that debacle last night.  Genuinely shocked at how piss poor this team is.  Could not disagree with the Vale fans when they sang "you're fokkin shit!"   Defence is non-existent and we can't score.  With this current 'team' we are far more likely to be relegated than make the play-offs.  Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday fans quite rightly do not see Argo as promotion rivals as they 100% know we will plummet down the table which we are now doing.  Only slight glimmer of hope in this whole nightmare situation is we seemed to improve slightly when Mayor came on.
Check the table Doomster.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 1:34 pm

Freathy wrote:

Argyle should have been 2 up in the first half, poor finishing again.

I hope this was a one off blip and not the start of a collapse. Only comfort is that Argyle are 10 clear of Barnsley.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 3:34 pm

If keep playing the way there playing investment might be a little to late by jan and that’s if it is forcoming which ain’t been guaranteed as such if any as it’s been said the Sheff weds & the Ipswichs of this world ain’t worried about us we all get injuries but clubs like them make sure they have a big enough squad before the season starts then add the odd player for buisness end of the season we don’t ..in my opinion we’re 3 players short for any kind of push ..and if they can hang on till then & that’s another thing we’re maxed out on loans as I said other than replace like for like if injuries occur and the loan players we have got I wouldn’t change so the only other option is paying transfer fees which I gather there reluctant to do even with the money that they have got sloshing about up there at the moment all we can do is wait and see there intentions come jan if nothing has come forward by then and mess up the greatest chance with had for a long time after promises marquee signings and promises of really going for it …if not the chairman & board deserve the wrath of us fans
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 5:08 pm

26 games to go, Win half, draw a few and we would have enough points to go straight up.

Promotion isn't decided in December.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 5:15 pm

Im not expecting anything in January and tbh I never was. What's more with the statement the other week you get the feeling the board really aren't bothered about going up this season. Its feckin frustrating that the loss of one player can have us going from table topping beat anyone to getting beaten at home by a mid table team that don't look anything like a promotion side. Schuey needs to take some stick here as well, we should have enough to compete against the Vales of this league with what we have, if they all start turning us over like that it will  be a long old season.
We should let Pan run his contract down it really is getting harder and harder to argue against it now.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 6:24 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Im not expecting anything in January and tbh I never was. What's more with the statement the other week you get the feeling the board really aren't bothered about going up this season. Its feckin frustrating that the loss of one player can have us going from table topping beat anyone to getting beaten at home by a mid table team that don't look anything like a promotion side. Schuey needs to take some stick here as well, we should have enough to compete against the Vales of this league with what we have, if they all start turning us over like that it will  be a long old season.
We should let Pan run his contract down it really is getting harder and harder to argue against it now.

i would like to think the board would break with tradition and actually back the manager strongly in January rather than allow us to decline and miss out yet again like we have done so many times in recent years. But then i was thinking even if the board do that and we go up are they likely to back the manager again to strengthen the squad for the championship and i have to say no they wont and as a result of that we would be sitting ducks and sent straight back down with very little resistance.

i think they will do all they can to keep us in league one and no more truthfully.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2022 7:27 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

i would like to think the board would break with tradition and actually back the manager strongly in January rather than allow us to decline and miss out yet again like we have done so many times in recent years. But then i was thinking even if the board do that and we go up are they likely to back the manager again to strengthen the squad for the championship and i have to say no they wont and as a result of that we would be sitting ducks and sent straight back down with very little resistance.

i think they will do all they can to keep us in league one and no more truthfully.

The dilemma is that with the capacity of HP as for stands now is CCC football sustainable? We could obviously spend the money the club makes on players and not infrastructure but Sigh has repeatedly said he won't do that however nice training pitches won't pay for bigger squads of quality players. If Hallett and the board want to taste any CCC football they need to grab chances like we have now by the bollocks.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 9:45 am

akagreengull wrote:
One of those nights eh?
Not really.  The team has been poor for a while now, probably since Bristol Rovers, but got away with it.
Back to top Go down
Savageandstrand

Savageandstrand

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 3:12 pm

2 out of 9 but still top
Shuey will know we need to return to form next Saturday and from memory Cambridge last year was a bad result so we need to up our game
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2022 7:00 pm

Pompey losing today along with Ipswich drawing along with Sheff Wed was a serious get out of jail card played by us.

we wont have too many of them left to cash in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Port Vale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale   Port Vale - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Port Vale
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2