Earwegoagain
Tgwu
Jethro
Angry
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 1:44 pm

Argyles intentions are pretty clear, his current contract has been extended until the end of next season, so good for the club and I think and hope that’s the least that will happen, however if he accepts the new contract on increased terms and if I’ve understood SS’s comments correctly the new contract will kick in now, so in effect he’ll be under contract for the next 2.5 years, happy days for us, so any potential future bid would reflect his new contract status.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 1:46 pm

If Peterbough can sign the likes of Ivan Toney for 650k and then sell him for 5 million plus 10 of add ons

We should not be accepting a million for him,
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 1:50 pm

So accept a million as mooted by Angry at the end of this season or let his contract wind down and risk a promotion?
Simple question.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 2:01 pm

Not sure where hes got this million from, but as long as when x/y player has someone come in for him we sell him for a proper price not the 15k argyle price we are setting ourselves up well for the future
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 3:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
So accept a million as mooted by Angry at the end of this season or let his contract wind down and risk a promotion?
Simple question.

Simple question sell for £1m or chance promotion, All hypothetical, sell or keep?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 6:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Simple question.

Simple question sell for £1m or chance promotion, All hypothetical, sell or keep?

Seems like you want to, I don’t
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 6:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Simple question.

who is talking about cash in on him or are you making that up?

i've said and you can go and read it again if he REFUSES to sign the new contract that he has been offered and the club cant change his mind by Christmas then as he is entering the final year come January then you have to unfortunately plan without him and think of the club's interest and test the market in January cause if he isnt committed why keep someone who wants to go at least the club would get a profit from him and the manager can find someone else.

As for the million quoted As he would have 6 months on his deal to run you wont be getting much more than a £1m offered if that as clubs will know he will be free in June. You will get a good price im sure especially if he is playing well but not life changing and certainly not £27m.
The club runs as a business and no player is bigger than the club so if he isn't willing to commit and club comes in move him on and bring someone else who is. I would say the Same for the other players who are all out of contract at the end of next season.

If Pan does sign his new contract great news (im sure he will do fwiw), there would be no need to panic and only then if he turns around at some point later and decides he wants to move on then you can ask for whatever you want realistically and clubs will have to match it.

Again its all hypothetical scenarios not a statement of facts of intent.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 6:50 pm

So accept the £1M in the summer or keep him and run his contract down? Couldn't be simpler.
I would tell any club to fook off and keep him to go for promotion, we aren't broke and we aren't getting promoted by selling our best players as history will prove to you if you look. I think the club has changed from the "same old Argyle" it's just the fans we need to change now with their very low ambitions for the club.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 7:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
So accept the £1M in the summer or keep him and run his contract down? Couldn't be simpler.
I would tell any club to fook off and keep him to go for promotion, we aren't broke and we aren't getting promoted by selling our best players as history will prove to you if you look. I think the club has changed from the "same old Argyle" it's just the fans we need to change now with their very low ambitions for the club.

no its not cause the summer wasn't mentioned ever by me you can go check that too if you like.  i was saying january if no deal is agreed to by christmas as he would have 6 months left on his deal to run then you look to move him on and plan without him so the club dont get shafted by losing yet another key player on a free. Which i see your passionate about which btw is the same old argyle mentality cause that was done all the time under brent, the club is more professional now and wont want to loose pan for nothing if they can help it.

In anycase if you want to change it to the summer He would have 12 months on his deal then regardless of a new contract agreed or not so obvs the club can ask for more should their be interest from other clubs and pan states his desire to leave as a result but ultimate the club can set the tone and say yes or no or maybe thats not a ground breaking argument to raise.  Still not getting £27m regardless.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 9:39 pm

It's like arguing with a dog, I was trying to simplyfy the hypothetical question it's really not difficult for anybody that can read.

So accept the £1M in the summer or keep him and run his contract down?

That's the question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 9:48 pm

A hypothetical question is one that does not require an answer but is asked to explore possibilities and project theories, so Angry’s replies should be sufficient.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 10:17 pm

Graiser wrote:
A hypothetical question is one that does not require an answer but is asked to explore possibilities and project theories, so Angry’s replies should be sufficient.

You would have thought so but no answer i feel would be enough even one in plain english especially when the narrative keeps getting change to suit an agenda. but nevermind i'm not wasting anymore time on it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 11:16 am

Lmfao I'm not trying to trick anybody just asked a question with a simple yes no answer the fact that is too complicated for you pair says more about you than me.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 11:37 am

Argyle could offer him a new contract and he has the right to accept or reject it. Argyle have the choice then to either offer better terms or put him on the transfer list. If a club comes in for him it is up to him if he wants to go there. Argyle can’t force him to go anywhere and if he has a club to go to of his choice then he will run down his contract and leave as a free agent. That club won’t want to pay a fee if they can get him for nothing.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 12:44 pm

Hypothetical questions aside, Camara will go eventually, probably not yet, but in a couple of years when he's the finished article he will be worth upwards of £5m. But then we could be in the Championship pushing towards the top so he may stay. Who knows?

Cooper is the more likely to be snapped up in my view.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 4:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Lmfao I'm not trying to trick anybody just asked a question with a simple yes no answer the fact that is too complicated for you pair says more about you than me.

I refer you to my previous reply mlud
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 5:39 pm

Graiser wrote:

What this one? What a crock of shite if I may be so blunt? You are thinking of a rhetorical question posed to make point which doesn't require an answer. It's a question, question requires an answer, it's the situation that is hypothetical ie,  supposing we are offered one million for Camara would you sell him?
The situation is made up of imagined but a hypothetical question can and should be answered.
The e reason you and Angers won't answer it is because you aren't really comfortable with the position that you are taking which is being supportive of being a selling club. You've always been a bosses man I'm a bit more surprised at Angry taking that position tbh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 5:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

What this one? What a crock of shite if I may be so blunt? You are thinking of a rhetorical question posed to make  point which doesn't require an answer. It's a question, question requires an answer, it's the situation that is hypothetical ie,  supposing we are offered one million for Camara would you sell him?
The situation is made up of imagined but a hypothetical question can and should be answered.
The e reason you and Angers won't answer it is because you aren't really comfortable with the position that you are taking which is being supportive of being a selling club. You've always been a bosses man I'm a bit more surprised at Angry taking that position tbh.

It’s only a crock of shite because you just don’t understand the correct meaning and you also need to support your interpretation.

As for me being a bosses man, how could you possibly know? and in my former life I was the boss.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 8:14 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

What this one? What a crock of shite if I may be so blunt? You are thinking of a rhetorical question posed to make  point which doesn't require an answer. It's a question, question requires an answer, it's the situation that is hypothetical ie,  supposing we are offered one million for Camara would you sell him?

It’s only a crock of shite because you just don’t understand the correct meaning and you also need to support your interpretation.

As for me being a bosses man, how could you possibly know?  and in my former life I was the boss.

A rhetorical question does not need answering a hypothetical question is an actual question and hence requires an answer. Look it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 8:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

As for me being a bosses man, how could you possibly know?  and in my former life I was the boss.

A rhetorical question does not need answering a hypothetical question is an actual question and hence requires an answer. Look it up.

I have and in regards to a hypothetical question your quite wrong.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 9:36 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I have and in regards to a hypothetical question your quite wrong.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There you go mate this should help.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 12:05 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

no I've answered it several times you just keep either ignoring the posts and changing the question.

Cause if you read what i wrote no where did i say cash in on him in the way you are twisting my words to suggest as if im wanting to sell him in the summer for a million.

I said if he wont sign a new contract offered and there is no budging on that come Christmas then yes cash him on in January. As he wouldn't have long on his contract you wont get much more than a million if that as he would be out of contract that summer (6 months) but at least we would get something and be able to plan without him. We are only talking about next season here for the benefit of any doubt.

Other people understood that my posts on this matter are hypothetical/rhetorical or what ever the you want to call it not a statement of fact and got that whether they agree or not with me a lot more than you did clearly.

Again, your position that you are suggesting and defending is keeping a player you would know doesnt want to stay after his contract ends and allowing him to walk for free denying the club some money for all the time and resources invested in the player. Its very much a same old argyle that you suggesting cause nothing in that says ambition or business sense and was done regularly under Brent.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 3:19 pm

Yes or no is all that is required and despite your 1000+ words you still haven't done that just blathered. You don't have to answer the question you could just ignore it like most have done I'm not that bothered.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 4:48 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Yes or no is all that is required and despite your 1000+ words you still haven't done that just blathered. You don't have to answer the question you could just ignore it like most have done I'm not that bothered.

I have some sympathy with both sides of the argument, angry and graiser(sellers) Smile and ears(keeper), although if my hand was forced I'd come down on the side of ears and say bollocks to it, keep him until his contract expires and hope to get every last bit of energy/ability/effort etc out of him in the hope that he helps us to the championship, there has to come a time where success on the pitch trumps the status quo on and off it. We've always been a selling club in the meekest of terms and it's never really got us anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 5:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

yes ill take the rickler approach and not bang my head against a brick wall taking to a unintelligent forum politician anymore consider this you block on my profile so i dont have to read your flip flopping bi polar opinions anymore Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Camara offered a new long term contract
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next